Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 97011 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 4 (7/13): Too Many Neutrals [1 Replacement Required!]
« Reply #465 on: February 21, 2012, 10:54:34 am »

I have to go to class.  I'm half-way done reading and will be back to finish in 3 hours.

After that I have to work for the rest of the day.  I should have already been working... *sigh*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 21, 2012, 11:00:09 am »

Yeah, running away is not scummy at all.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Man, it's lame when only some people post.
« Reply #467 on: February 21, 2012, 11:48:00 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 - Darvi, Urist Imiknorris,
Orangebottle -
Toaster -
Darvi -
Bookthras - Toaster,
Vector - Bookthras,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Vector, Orangebottle, Think0028,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 21, 2012, 12:18:33 pm »

I am The Doctor (as in Dr. Who). I am Town.

I'm Crossdressing and Geriatric Solid Snake's Fantastic Thighs.  I'm town.

(no one asked her alignment, merely her role, but once people were being accused of being scum, she jumped with "I'm town!").

Bookthras: raging hypocrisy.  Don't try to call me out for something stupid and innocuous that you, yourself did as well.

M'lab finished early.  Reading...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 21, 2012, 12:25:10 pm »

Oh, I forgot: I'm currently gunning for Toaster, Think, and Darvi.

I'll have quotations to back this up soon (the main ones that tipped me off are open on my laptop, which is sitting in my dorm room), but Toaster's been being milquetoast all game and basically faffing about (plus Bookthras's accusation, from which I am looking forward to a rebuttal), Think's been lurking, buddying, and faffing, and Darvi's the replacement of Flandre, who has been incredibly useless post-replacement and engaged with the stupidest distancing song-and-dance at the beginning of the game that I've ever seen.

Also, I have solid town reads on everyone else.

So yeah--hang, assholes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (12/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #470 on: February 21, 2012, 01:47:32 pm »

... It's gonna be a while, because I'm in the middle of running around petitioning to drop a class.

Smell ya later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 21, 2012, 02:26:44 pm »

Book:  Could you be flailing around any more?  Really?

In regards to your block, see below.  I think I figured it out.

On Vector and Toaster's #1 Scumtell- She has a history of doing that, town or scum, so it applies less on her.  Also, I don't consider the tell itself as strong as I once did.

But yeah, let's consolidate the case on you.

It occurs to me Book was fairly quiet D2, following a D1 hounding Powder Miner (who didn't roleflip- remember this.)  He started out going on about the vote count, then didn't participate for a while.  It takes a while before he starts attacking Flandre.  Now, much of this is D1 content which he didn't mention back on D1.  Why?  Because his suspicion isn't authentic, I'd wager.  On D3, he backs away from continuing to attack someone up for replacement.  Finally, despite Zrk2 not being a "high priority lynch," you have no issue with hammering him- which prompted the inspect.  I already mentioned today you've been flailing all around, trying to figure who you can pin off a lynch on to.

The only thing that I agree with you on is that Powder Miner was scummy as hell.  My conclusion?  He's an Advanced Dopp and converted you N1.  Given D1 was your strongest day, I don't have any trouble believing it.

Vector:  I'll see your case when you have evidence for it, but for now, I appreciate your milquetoast pun.  Any faffing you've seen is for me not having a good lead on who is or isn't scum.

Darvi:  Anything?  Hello?  You're in "I forgot you were playing" territory, which is a bad place to be.  You haven't done a damn thing today.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 21, 2012, 02:50:59 pm »

That doesn't explain how Shakerag ended up dead, though, when we're assuming that PowderMiner was the survivor partner.

And by faffing about, I mean that you've had very few reasonable attacks on anyone or anything throughout this entire game.  Your RVS in particular was unusually terrible (normally, you ask questions that are more relevant to, say, Mafia as a game).

But yeah, citations later.  Sorry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 21, 2012, 03:02:00 pm »

Vector:
Darvi: ... It happened when Zrk2 removed an ability from him, and both Zrk2 and Shakerag claimed as such in the thread? Shakerag just lied about which ability got removed: he said his kingmaker ability got removed, but it was his immortality ability.

This does, however.

Meh.  I hate D1- it's always my worst day.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 21, 2012, 03:04:38 pm »

So, are you assuming that there's only two members of the scumteam?  Otherwise, I'd expect to see a third man--so which one's the third string?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 21, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »

Vector: Tough call.  Darvi would be my initial thought, except he's playing under his town meta so far.

I don't suspect you, though I can't really read you.  OB's hard to read since he's up for replace.  Think could be BSing.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 21, 2012, 10:01:27 pm »

Vector, pre-emptive Oppose extend. Apparently Think is incapable of keeping himself alive.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:07 pm »

... I have to go get dinner, or else the dining hall will close, but I'm deeply confused by your statement there.

You vote me and say that Think can't keep himself alive... ?  You're not breaking a tie, you're just vote-hopping without explanation.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 21, 2012, 10:09:03 pm »

Oh, and I'm sorry, but dropping a class I'm failing and fixing the problems with a programming project due at midnight are way more important to me than getting the posting part of the game reread done at your beck and call.  Don't be ridiculous.

I'll be back within 40 minutes to finish what I started.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 21, 2012, 10:13:31 pm »

I'm actually Think's Brother, meaning I ain't lynching him.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34