Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 96863 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Wuh Oh
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2012, 09:47:45 am »

Shakerag has been killed!

Shakerag was The Winner Of BYOR8 (survivor).

NativeForeigner has been killed!

NativeForeigner was a Spy (cult).

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Orangebottle -
Toaster -
Darvi -
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Urist Imiknorris, Vector, Toaster, Orangebottle, Darvi, Bookthras, Think0028,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

Shakerag - The Winner of BYOR 8
(Auto) Winner: While someone else on your team is alive, you cannot die or change roles.
(Auto) Smart Alec: You have 0 votes. You cannot gain any votes.
(1-Shot, Night) King Me [target]: Target player becomes King during the next Day Phase. If he is alive, only he may vote.

NativeForeigner - Spy
(Auto) Blue Team: You show up as Town to inspections and Cult on death. You may change these alignments at any time.
(Mafiakill) Replace [target]: You kill the target and then switch roles with them. You still switch roles with the player even if they do not die.
(Night) Play Dead: You fake death and revive.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 4 (7/13): Too Many Neutrals [1 Replacement Required!]
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2012, 09:55:50 am »

I wish to file a complaint with the management, as my role was clearly defective, and should still be under warranty.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2012, 10:03:56 am »

I think it's LyLo. All: Claim.

I am Jack Noir.

(Auto) Disgruntled Archagent: Anyone who attempts to target me will have their target randomized. This can result in me being successfully targeted.
(Night) Cease and Desist: Roleblock the target.
(Night, 1-shot): Sovereign Slayer: Kill the target.

N1: Sovereign Slayer: Powder Miner
N2: Cease and Desist: Orangebottle
N3: Cease and Desist: Darvi

Also, I gained an inspect last night.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2012, 10:16:39 am »

Beat me to it.

I am Dr. Doofenshmirtz, a miller JOAT.  Actions have a 50% chance to fail to affect me, but if a block, redirect, or randomization does affect me when I use an action, my ability fails and is lost.  I have a one shot each of kill, track, protect, and inspect.

N1:  I tried to kill Shakerag, but someone blocked me.  Reasoning should be obvious.
N2:  I tracked Urist I to Orangebottle.  I'm having trouble remembering why I chose him, but I'm pretty sure I thought he was just bandwagoning Dariush on one reread.  On another, I wasn't so sure.
N3:  I inspected Book after he hammered Zrk2 without letting him respond, and I got mafia.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2012, 10:23:02 am »

WHO REMOVED MY INSPECT?

Toaster, you claim that if a randomization affects you your ability fails and is lost. But then you claim that you followed me N2. Liar liar pants on fire.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 17, 2012, 10:26:26 am »

Urist I:
Toaster, you claim that if a randomization affects you your ability fails and is lost. But then you claim that you followed me N2. Liar liar pants on fire.

WHO REMOVED MY INSPECT?

Oh, you mean using the removal that will be redirected away from you?  I guess I know who his scumbuddy is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 17, 2012, 10:28:17 am »

I wish to file a complaint with the management, as my role was clearly defective, and should still be under warranty.
A new role has been shipped to you. It should arrive in 6-8 weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience you may have served to others.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 17, 2012, 10:52:56 am »

Oh-ho-ho-ho, I see this is going to be fun...

I am The Doctor (as in Dr. Who). I am Town. I have a 3-shot gizmo that can either inspect or block. I have a revive.

But the interesting thing is: I inspected Urist Imiknorris last night, and got Mafia. I don't buy his redirection thing, he has smelled fishy to me for a while.

I blocked Toaster N1, since I didn't buy his miller claim (I still don't).
I inspected Flandre/Darvi N2, and got Town.

I also gained a power (a 1-shot track) with no explanation on D3, and lost it now as soon as D4 started, also with no explanation (never used it). But Toaster's actions seem intertwined with Urist's (and mine); I can't help but think my temporary track is related to Toaster's claim of having tracked Urist, and his sudden "disappearance of an inspection"... I think they are scumbuddies, managed somehow to detect my inspection, and decided to preemptively strike by claiming an inspection result of scum on me.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 17, 2012, 11:01:00 am »

I find it too convenient that the two guys stepping over each other to claim both happen to have a kill. Urist's kill on Powder Miner is a pretty standard Mafia choice of target, and it was the only kill on N1. For him to not be scum means the scum didn't kill N1... the night I blocked Toaster.

Funny how they are now suspecting and distancing each other now too.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 17, 2012, 11:48:41 am »

Wait, Book, you think that there's a survivor team, a scumteam, and a cult?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 17, 2012, 11:56:41 am »

I'm Crossdressing and Geriatric Solid Snake's Fantastic Thighs.  I'm town.

(auto) Crossdressed: Actions I take and actions targeting me are delayed one cycle.
(auto) Akimbo: I can take two actions per phase.
(night) Box: At night, I'm immune to all non-kill actions.
(night) Fantastic Thighs: Block target from all actions.

... So I misread that first one initially and thought it was "make it so that target is unactionable."

Anyway, N1 I blocked Leafsnail (thinking I was making it so that no one could action him; I was pretty sure he was town).
N2 I none'd (deeply confused and couldn't figure out who to block).
N3 I hid under the box and used Fantastic Thighs on Shakerag (dude feels like scum, and I figured I'd left myself open for inspects and stuff long enough).

I'm kind of starting to wonder what's actually going on with my role, because there's that strange voting thing and, on top of that, the fact that both of my blocking targets died pretty quickly.  *shrug*  Hopefully it's just coincidence.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 17, 2012, 12:12:08 pm »

Wait, Book, you think that there's a survivor team, a scumteam, and a cult?
Why not? It's a wuba game, after all, he's not skimpy with factions... but in any case, I think it's a pretty certain bet that there is a scumteam, yes?

I find it odd that you question it, though. What factions do you think are in play?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 17, 2012, 01:22:07 pm »

I was assuming just the cult, SK, and the survivor team, since that's what we've seen/heard so far and ... yeah, you're right, there's no reason why there wouldn't also be a scumteam happening.

Eh.  Sorry, I gotta run to class.  I'll have time to think about this tonight, though, post-exam.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 17, 2012, 01:42:42 pm »

So I lied a tiny bit earlier, I am the second and final member of the Survivor Masons. The only effective difference from before is that I knew Shakerag was the other survivor and we won if either of us survived. My one shot is I kill myself and two other random people. My night action is a redirect, and I had a one-shot revive which is gone.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 17, 2012, 01:51:23 pm »

WHO REMOVED MY INSPECT?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am a Librarian. People targeting me check out with a oneshot ability (either a protect, block, inspect, or track). I used my 1-shot day-ability to take back all the unused overdue abilities, meaning I have now Urist's inspect and Book's track. I plan on multitasking to use them both next night.

Also, Think for lying because Shake's partner has to be dead (most likely PM). or he wouldn't have been able to die.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34