Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FINALLY best feature implemented to date!  (Read 14733 times)

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FINALLY best feature implemented to date!
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:39:05 am »

Your adventurers that get jumped out in the wilderness will also have findable remains/objects that you can go grab in your next game or embark upon with your dwarves.

I remember trying to do this many years ago and being disappointed that I could not 'seed' an embark site with axe wielding adventurers.

Thank you Toady for fulfilling and unstated wish!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FINALLY best feature implemented to date!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:44:45 am »

I remember trying to do that back in 40d and was rather sad that it didn't work. Today is a joyous day.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:00:09 am »

Also as some one who has tried to do the procedural world thing that properly handles player interaction and alteration (but still can progress forward through a simulation) I cannot overstate how much of a brain twister solving this kind of thing is!

Huzzah for Toady One!

Huzzah for the Release!

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:35:17 am »

Huzzah for Toady One!

Huzzah for the Release!
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 05:32:08 am »

Huzzah! Fun X amount of dead adventurers on site!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Totte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:42:22 am »

Planting items from adventure mode on embarks is unnecessary work. You dont need to rush things in early forts.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 06:00:31 am »

Yeah, but starting a fort with enough weapons to arm your entire militia forever is always good.
*Hugs*

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 06:03:31 am »

yay now my plan to make an epic (thousands of kills) weapon  with numeruos legendary adventurers that wielded it and then construct a fort as a temple to it will be possible :)

Oh and a crypt fort for all my adventurer corpses...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:05:49 am by darius »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 06:04:49 am »

I plan on using it to make a fort constructed entirely of legitimately obtained Adamantine.
*Hugs*

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 08:31:28 am »

This opens the way to, say, being able to have one adventurer drag the Orb of Zot Amulet of Yendor MacGuffin up to the surface, have dude/tte die of raving insanity/severe cave adaptation, then have the next adventurer encounter a massive campaign of Fun, all trying to drag the MacGuffin back to Candyland.

Good times lie ahead!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 08:38:14 am »

I plan on using it to make a fort constructed entirely of legitimately obtained Adamantine.

Good luck with that.  I don't even want to think about how long it would take to find and collect all the candy canes you'd need.  Unless, of course, you plan to just create several small fortresses with the exclusive purpose of digging up all the candy you can.  Then you could lock it all in a room sealed with drawbridges (to prevent scatter), abandon, repeat until you have fortresses full of candy the world over, then travel between them with an adventurer (or several, depending on how things go), collecting all the glorious candy to use in your final, glorious fortress.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 08:44:06 am »

I'm not sure about "best feature", but it's great that that's finally possible. So much (sometimes cool) stuff that'd be otherwise permanently lost just because you're a bit outside of the site limits... And of course, it adds to the world as a living entity (more so if it'd end up a bit scattered, looted by passersby, dragged around by wolves, but let's not get greedy).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 08:50:29 am »

Good luck with that.  I don't even want to think about how long it would take to find and collect all the candy canes you'd need.  Unless, of course, you plan to just create several small fortresses with the exclusive purpose of digging up all the candy you can.  Then you could lock it all in a room sealed with drawbridges (to prevent scatter), abandon, repeat until you have fortresses full of candy the world over, then travel between them with an adventurer (or several, depending on how things go), collecting all the glorious candy to use in your final, glorious fortress.
Pretty much
*Hugs*

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 08:51:45 am »

Since we can leave stuff lying around, doesn't this essentially give us the foundation of player created sites?  Say a bed, some bags and weapons lying under the trees in a forest?  Steal a few pillows from town and you have your own fort.  This is what I've always been waiting for.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...
Pages: [1] 2 3