Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Becoming a Dwarf in RL  (Read 1534 times)

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Becoming a Dwarf in RL
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:10:00 pm »

As we all know, copious amounts of liquor can do strange things to all creatures.
On a less known but relevant sidenote, so can playing DF obsessively.
Many of the most obsessive gamers on this forum most likely suffer from dwarfism. (Fantasy Dwarf)
By playing Toady's game, he may infact be brainwashing us into good little dwarves. Infact, we could one day overthrow society and create a true Dwarven Civilization.
But that'd most likely end in mass culling (genocide) of the elves (dirty hippies). And then probably a lever flooding the world with lava.
So I hereby suggest the community take small breaks (a few days every week) from playing DF, lest you become enraged or enter a fey mood.
Which would probably end in a pair of Levi jeans of the FINEST quality being made, and a lot of dead pets. Probably cats.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Becoming a Dwarf in RL
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:24:00 pm »

Nope, no cult like fanaticism here. Nothing to see, move along.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:37:39 pm »

As we all know, copious amounts of liquor can do strange things to all creatures.
On a less known but relevant sidenote, so can playing DF obsessively.
Many of the most obsessive gamers on this forum most likely suffer from dwarfism. (Fantasy Dwarf)
By playing Toady's game, he may infact be brainwashing us into good little dwarves. Infact, we could one day overthrow society and create a true Dwarven Civilization.
But that'd most likely end in mass culling (genocide) of the elves (dirty hippies). And then probably a lever flooding the world with lava.
So I hereby suggest the community take small breaks (a few days every week) from playing DF, lest you become enraged or enter a fey mood.
Which would probably end in a pair of Levi jeans of the FINEST quality being made, and a lot of dead pets. Probably cats.

Amen.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 08:36:38 pm »

I've got to admit, when I saw the thread name I thought you'd be telling people about some kind of freaky race change.

Cutting your legs in half to be shorter, growing a super thick beard, removing your sanity, adding alcohol dependency, the usual.

Come to think of it, that sounds fun. Other than the being short bit, but I guess it comes with the territory.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy