Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A strange idea.  (Read 2214 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A strange idea.
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:01:45 pm »

So, seeing as how my original challenge failed horribly, I want anyone to suggest a challenge for adventure mode and i will do my damned best at completing it.

I will accept any idea no matter how stupid, and post the results after death.

original horribly failed idea.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:23:42 pm by bombzero »

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A strange idea.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:07:17 pm »

Perhaps a bodypart with a bit more mass then? Say... an arm or a leg?

Specifically, your own leg. Beat the world to death with your own leg.

Rules:

Any bodypart that was formerly attached to you is allowed.

Crutches are allowed, if you can find one.

Throwing is considered an advanced form of beating, and is allowed.

Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:24:53 am »

Throwing is considered an advanced form of beating, and is allowed.
That's like giving someone an automatic, recoilless railgun and telling them to kill cavemen armed with clubs.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:26:34 am »

Be a cult leader and only kill through your NPC allies, committing no violence yourself.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 02:41:57 pm »

Be a cult leader and only kill through your NPC allies, committing no violence yourself.
Brilliant. Of course, you'll have to kill the odd person here and there with a severed beast horn/fish.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 03:25:39 pm »

Be a headhunter.

Specifically:
- Upon start, drop all equipment except one tool you may keep for butchering
- As soon as you spot a creature you can decapitate, you must kill and decapitate that creature. From there on, only use that creature's head as your weapon.
- To upgrade, you may swap for heads of other creatures that you kill, however, no other weapon may be used for combat.
- Your goal is to kill a solid demon, dragon or bronze colossus and obtain its head
- To make it slightly more possible, you're also allowed a loincloth and a wooden buckler

Or if that's too close to what you've done... The Armless (and Legless) Master
- No restriction
- Lose all your arms and legs ASAP
- Become legendary hero regardless (hope you have good teeth)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:57:04 pm by Hotaru »
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 03:34:48 pm »

Brilliant. Of course, you'll have to kill the odd person here and there with a severed beast horn/fish.

Hmmm, I approve of this challenge. Bonus points for taking your fanatics on raids against other civilizations, and only attacking to 'punish the impure' that stray too close to your vantage point.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »

That's like giving someone an automatic, recoilless railgun and telling them to kill cavemen armed with clubs.

Perhaps, but it's a railgun that requires you to get part of your own body severed in battle to use. You'll also have to be very cautious with your throws or risk being caught unarmed.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

clockout1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:12:08 pm »

Perhaps, but it's a railgun that requires you to get part of your own body severed in battle to use. You'll also have to be very cautious with your throws or risk being caught unarmed.

Heh. Did you intend for that pun?
*insert witty signature here*

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 10:19:51 pm »

Or, to be more successful in the challenge, cut off every middle finger you see and equip ALL of them. A guy wielding 200 middle fingers would be entertaining, and the chances of getting a critical hit opening is great.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 06:11:19 pm »

Or, to be more successful in the challenge, cut off every middle finger you see and equip ALL of them. A guy wielding 200 middle fingers would be entertaining, and the chances of getting a critical hit opening is great.

middle fingers dont have enough weight to kill with 31.XX combat. (last time i beat a town to death with a middle finger was 40D)

Be a headhunter.

Specifically:
- Upon start, drop all equipment except one tool you may keep for butchering
- As soon as you spot a creature you can decapitate, you must kill and decapitate that creature. From there on, only use that creature's head as your weapon.
- To upgrade, you may swap for heads of other creatures that you kill, however, no other weapon may be used for combat.
- Your goal is to kill a solid demon, dragon or bronze colossus and obtain its head
- To make it slightly more possible, you're also allowed a loincloth and a wooden buckler

Or if that's too close to what you've done... The Armless (and Legless) Master
- No restriction
- Lose all your arms and legs ASAP
- Become legendary hero regardless (hope you have good teeth)

i might try one of these, probably the first as intentional limb loss is difficult

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 06:45:09 pm »

i might try one of these, probably the first as intentional limb loss is difficult

Haha, thanks. Well, I don't know how well it would work for sure, but you could maybe enable traps in adventure mode, build a fortress near a civ, and put some serrated disc traps there to roll adventurers, if you want intentional limb loss?
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 09:03:18 pm »

Haha, thanks. Well, I don't know how well it would work for sure, but you could maybe enable traps in adventure mode, build a fortress near a civ, and put some serrated disc traps there to roll adventurers, if you want intentional limb loss?

the results,death.

got a tawny eagles head though.

also im using masterwork DF atm. but i sometimes switch between that and genesis.

note: no images ATM, ill edit them into post once photobucket cooperates.

EDIT: i find photobucket very easy to use. gives you a forum ready img link!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:57:24 pm by bombzero »