Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: +/- keys do not work if no numpad on system  (Read 323 times)

Sofaspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
+/- keys do not work if no numpad on system
« on: August 17, 2007, 11:07:00 pm »

And I cannot seem to find a place in the keybinds to change them.  Specifically, this comes up when trying to configure your loadout before embarking; I haven't managed to get past this bug any way I can find and playing the default loadout is rapidly trying my patience.  :)

I imagine this will come up with any laptop user, but I could be wrong.

For the record, I can get around it by using the laptop's built-in NumPad feature, but that takes over fully half my keyboard and is a pain to have to switch on and off all the time.  A better solution, I think, would be to either make DF respond to both sets of +/- keys, *or*, allow us to rebind those keys (unless this can already be done and I'm just stupid).

Thanks!

Can't... stop... laughing...:<BR>"... but at least in DF if Elves chained themselves to trees it would just mean an extra ax stroke or two." --Forumsdwarf<BR>"Would the owner of the red GCS silk socks, please pick them the f*** up, you left your FPS void on." --MadJax

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +/- keys do not work if no numpad on system
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:24:00 pm »

So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 09:04:00 am »

If your computer has a built in number pad, there is usually a button which allows you to use the number keys without needing to put the numpad on.

On a toshiba its the Fn key, I don't know about others...

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Sofaspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 02:55:00 pm »

Well hey, apparently I'm just stupid.  Doh!

(I swear I read through the Wiki... I dunno how I missed that in the keybindings section, but thanks!)

Can't... stop... laughing...:<BR>"... but at least in DF if Elves chained themselves to trees it would just mean an extra ax stroke or two." --Forumsdwarf<BR>"Would the owner of the red GCS silk socks, please pick them the f*** up, you left your FPS void on." --MadJax