Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Secretive mood  (Read 2097 times)

NarcissusIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Secretive mood
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:04:39 pm »

My cook is in a secretive mood, took over a craftsdorf's workshop, and is now drawing pictures of skeletons, blocks, and stacked cloth. He has horse bones in the shop, I have plenty of blocks, and a shitload of cloth. Yet he's still sitting there demanding. Does he need more bones, or what? I don't want to set off a tantrum spiral, and my dorfs are already in a precarious emotional balance due to a fisherdwarf and her baby who just got caught outside in a goblin ambush, plus all the outdoor pets that got massacred by gobbos.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Secretive mood
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:10:01 pm »

You may need more bones. Or a different type of cloth.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

NarcissusIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:36:27 pm »

You may need more bones. Or a different type of cloth.
Christ I have no way to make cloth other than cave spider silk. I really hope he can make do with yarn and silk. And how will I get more bones? All my animals were just caught in a goblin ambush. FUCK.

NarcissusIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 12:54:14 pm »

scratch that, I have silk, wool cloth, and plant fiber cloth.

What the hell is wrong with this guy. Cloth is next on the list after bones, and he has all his horse bones already.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:34:49 pm »

A stack of bones is considered a single item in these cases. Best hope you have some cats lurking around.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 01:36:41 pm »

Butcher some things. That usually fixes this for me.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

NarcissusIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 03:05:24 pm »

Butcher some things. That usually fixes this for me.
A stack of bones is considered a single item in these cases. Best hope you have some cats lurking around.

all my animals are outside so they don't breed rampantly and adopt every passing dorf. I am so fucked. time to put up a door.

NarcissusIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 03:13:03 pm »

And now my lazy ass siege mechanic won't go construct me a catapult so I can get rid of these goddamned gobbos.

NarcissusIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 03:33:05 pm »

Too late. R.I.P. Urist McCook. At least now I have some catapults.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »

all my animals are outside

Why?

so they don't breed rampantly

They can do that even if they're on the opposite ends of the map, you know...

and adopt every passing dorf

Only cats do that...
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

NarcissusIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 02:21:33 pm »

all my animals are outside

Why?

so they don't breed rampantly

They can do that even if they're on the opposite ends of the map, you know...

and adopt every passing dorf

Only cats do that...

Also, because they're mostly grazing animals. And I hate having the little fuckers inside, they keep getting in the way and opening doors.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 02:33:25 pm »

How much soil do you have? I keep my grazers in a huge room dug out in a soil layer. They graze on whatever grows there. I suppose a huge muddied room could work as well, if you had one. Not sure, though, never checked.

Aside from that, your poultry does not need to graze, but should be kept inside for eggs anyway - you could use that.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 11:47:59 pm »

Generally the way I handle animals is one or two cats (males only. I'd neuter the bastards if I could), lots of dogs, and turkey hens. Turkey hens and cats are allowed to wander anywhere they want, and dogs are in my meeting hall, but none of them need to graze. Everything else that comes to my fortress is usually slaughtered on the spot.
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!