Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 122142 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral
« Reply #480 on: March 29, 2012, 12:10:16 am »

You'd just need a creature with animation interactions.  I haven't tried such a thing in Fortress Mode yet, but I doubt they would be counted as fort members able to wok, probably as pets instead.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:25 pm »

I just thought I'd mention this:

The Chromatic Dragons *appear* to be incompatible with Genesis' added Blue and Green dragons.  I have nearly everything else merged in a way that is acceptable to me, but the moment I dropped the creature_dragon_ff.txt file into the raws folder, every single worldgen would crash on me.  The only thing that helped was either removing the Blue and Green dragon castes from your dragons file, or removing the Blue and Green Dragons from creature_genesis_beast.txt

edit: oops, I meant to drop this in the Dwarf Chocolate thread.  My bad.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 29, 2012, 12:00:29 am »

You'd just need a creature with animation interactions.  I haven't tried such a thing in Fortress Mode yet, but I doubt they would be counted as fort members able to wok, probably as pets instead.
Is there a more recent update of Wizards tower for .34.0<whatever> yet? I love this mod dearly and from my heart's apex. Any word?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 29, 2012, 12:29:25 am »

Dwarf Chocolate is Wizard Tower for .34.

Learner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 06, 2012, 12:29:34 pm »

This is a pretty cool, and relatively expansive update. It would be so nice to see the armor and weapons written down in a list that's consistent with the DF wikia. When I equip armor, I want to know what stats the armor provides. And how much I can wear. Same deal with weapons. (What are Staves for? And what about tower shields? What makes them different?) Anyways, I really would like to see a stat's chart. That would be awesome! (Of course, it's still quite a lot of stuff, so if one were to be made, don't go making it in one sitting.)

Anyways, this has been bugging me but, just what the frick do some of these spells even do? Like prismatic hexes, are they hexes that take the shape and form of prisms? It would really help to not be in the dark about these things... What does a force spell do specifically. What does a dust bolt do? It's some sort of sharp weapon, because you can stab someone next to you after conjuring one. But I'd like to know what it can do specifically. Magic webs, how do you employ them properly? It's mostly the status effects spells that can confuse me.

When I started DF, I'd often look up everything that I could not hope to see without the use of the wikia. I looked up the density of logs to see which one was best, and their biome preference, I looked up crops, methods to irrigation, weapon stats like penetration and velocity, armor protection, and wear limit, traps and trap strength, mist generators, industries, how to make an army.

I've looked at strange moods when I first got one, and I kept thinking he's not going to be able to get everything he needs. (I keps looking at him trying to hear his messages about what materials he wants. Turns out, he already got the stone he needed.) I've looked up the meaning of Urist, catsplosions, caravans, Elves (not in the mood to start fights. It was a shaky and stressful start.), cave-ins (I had the idea that these worked like I've heard in the 2D version back long ago.), aquifers, ores, stone, the non-dwarf's guide to stone, lava, carps, and elephants. Speaking of elves, I also remember looking up one elf who became king of the dwarves. (How badass does one need to be to become the friggin king?)

Later I looked at caverns, underground beasts, towns, villages, sewers, bandits, werewolves, (I also overreacted about them entirelly, thinking they had this werewolf strength 24/7.), Night trolls, vampires, shops, evil biomes, good biomes, symptoms, character tokens, attributes, nobles...  You getting the idea? I kind of like to know what to expect solely out of the basic things I can find in the game. (The beasts I can find ingame, arn't one of them.

I'd like to see the item stats, simply because I'm a calculating person, and knowing details is what I like best. (I'd like to know the stat differences between a halberd, and a poleaxe, or a long sword, and a katana...)

Anyways, great mod, and awesome additions. I'd only like to know what sort of things got added, and what stats do some of those things have.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes first.

Then, when you've walked a mile and start to criticize him, he has to run a mile after you in his socks.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 06, 2012, 02:46:26 pm »

^Learner
The Prismatic in that case refers to colors. Hence, grey/black/red hex's do different things depending on the color they are.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 31, 2013, 10:57:04 am »

Yes I know this thread is dead but is there anyone out there who know how the heck to tell what Colorado wizards u have???? And what they do?,
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 31, 2013, 01:31:11 pm »

Yes I know this thread is dead but is there anyone out there who know how the heck to tell what Colorado wizards u have???? And what they do?,

Um... You should be playing Dwarf Chocolate. It's actually updated and has Wizard Tower included.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2013, 06:31:46 am »

Ok
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]