Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interrupted Moods  (Read 1536 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interrupted Moods
« on: June 17, 2013, 06:19:47 pm »

Don't know if this is a known or unknown bug(although I suspect it is known, since it must have happened at least once before), since the wiki did not list it as a bug and thus did not contain any possible solution, I'm just going to ask for help here.

So here is what happened: My dwarf, Tun Cogilir, Furnace Operator, was making an artifact (he had actually begun constructing it) and soon after he began his labor an Ettin arrived and attacked the fortress. The Ettin attacked Tun and knocked out his front teeth, but did not destroy the workshop, and before he could be made into a bloody mess Tun ran away.  The Ettin was unable to pursue because one of my marks-dwarves knocked one of its rips into its lungs with a well placed =steel bolt= (said Ettin was subsequently defeated with no casualties, thank god).

Now here is the problem. As you may have suspected, Tun did not get back to work, and is currently just standing about in the meeting place. Help would be appreciated, although his mood will probably fail before any is given.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Interrupted Moods
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:28:51 am »

That's interesting, because I've had dwarves in moods attacked before and they didn't  have any problems resuming their mood.  I think that may have been preconstruction phase though.  In any case, barring DFHack he's probably a goner.  The only suggestion I'd have is deconstruct and reconstruct the workshop but I'm all but positive he'll go insane if you do deconstruct it somehow.  Maybe he'll finish the artifact even though he's outside of the workshop?  What is his listed job?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:26:19 pm »

Yeah he went stark raving mad and died of dehydration, which was annoying because Tun was a furnace operator and thus important.

He was actually working on the thing though, I got the message "Tun Cogilir has begun a mysterious construction!".

Might be because he was considered injured, since he lost his teeth. I couldn't deconstruct the workshop normally because he had claimed it, so I just hoped he did not go berserk when he eventually went insane and just appointed a new furnace operator from among the army of useless dwarves.

Meme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 08:41:11 pm »

Funny thing I once had a mood that stopped when an Ettin came too.

My fortress was flooding(But technically all floors were use able) When a stoneworker went into a mood, now because I had to make a burrow outside and his workshop was outside the burrow I got a Planepacked artifact but even when I took him out of the burrow he still went. Now, an Ettin came and I rounded up my miner and woodcutters and attacked it, he never got in its way but when it died and I looked back he was in the food stockpile starving sleep deprived and dehydrated, but he wasn't insane and went right back to work like nothing ever happened he wasn't making the artifact and the artifact wasn't created I even checked the list. It couldn't have been lost even in the water due to the fact no where does the water drain off the ma. Was it the Ettin that did it?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:42:59 pm by Meme »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:25:34 pm »

Maybe his workshop was flooded?

My guy kept working until the Ettin tried to smash him.

Meme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 06:01:54 am »

No his workshop was in 1/7 water only and most of that was draining into the deep staircase I dug and my mining projects. The Ettin DID get near the area though. It interrupted him and a  bunch of other people working outside by being on the other side of a channel

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 05:12:17 pm »

Bit late now, but...

Help would be appreciated, although his mood will probably fail before any is given.
Pause the game and go do something else!
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.