Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: Ahhh I can not take it anymore! I would like the new DF release!  (Read 91676 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ahhh I can not take it anymore! I would like the new DF release!
« Reply #510 on: February 13, 2012, 04:28:37 pm »

I truly hope for a valentines day release, and I'm running out of things to do. I have tried housework, alcoholism and even playing other games by now.

So, you found someone special, drank yourself into stupidity, and then took a couple whores to bed the night before your wedding? What a memorable Valentines.

Totte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 13, 2012, 05:01:17 pm »

Toady One currently have 400 dwarf fort and all in labor "Coding". But Toady have problems with the nobels as they try to mandate more nobels to the codes. He need to kill every single noble before he can release the new version. He only have few nobles left to kill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #512 on: February 13, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »

Toady One currently have 400 dwarf fort and all in labor "Coding". But Toady have problems with the nobels as they try to mandate more nobels to the codes. He need to kill every single noble before he can release the new version. He only have few nobles left to kill.

+1 Analogy points for you :D

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 13, 2012, 06:08:19 pm »

You know, with the Baron becoming a productive member of society rather than a worthless layabout, nobody asking you to waste your precious metal crafting them a new amulet, and criminals who actually need to die offering the Hammerer an outlet for his unique brand of justice, Toady is slowly eroding the reasons for the "Kill all the Nobles." meme. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 13, 2012, 06:32:11 pm »

Cheer up dear friend; even though the mermaids have had their value stripped away and channeling doesn't make instant barriers anymore, at least you can still hate those poncy elves  ;D
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 13, 2012, 07:27:04 pm »

You know, with the Baron becoming a productive member of society rather than a worthless layabout, nobody asking you to waste your precious metal crafting them a new amulet, and criminals who actually need to die offering the Hammerer an outlet for his unique brand of justice, Toady is slowly eroding the reasons for the "Kill all the Nobles." meme. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

They're Dwarven nobility. They'll still manage to make you frustrated - just in some new manner. Just you wait.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #516 on: February 13, 2012, 08:01:31 pm »

+1 Analogy points for you :D
Actually, that could be a good analogy to explain why Toady won't hire help for DF.
"It would eat up FPS, duh!"
"...What?"
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #517 on: February 13, 2012, 08:55:28 pm »

Would also allow for Gargoyles.

You know you want to.

Did you watch that show too? That was a cool show. I don't remember much of it, though... only that the main character was called Goliath.

What show?

POST-WIKIPEDIA FAKE EDIT: Not talking about the show, that myth of Gargoyle statues being able to come alive exists IRL which is what i was referring to.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:03:24 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 13, 2012, 08:57:36 pm »

Toady is online early today.
Mmmm.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:30 pm »

What show?

POST-WIKIPEDIA FAKE EDIT: Not talking about the show, that myth of Gargoyle statues being able to come alive exists in real life which is what i was referring to.

Hence where the show came from, I would guess. Didn't know about that myth, though. Huh. xD Given some of the goddamn weird statues the Dwarves carve, those coming to life would be... Uh...

"This is a statue of a Fire Clown surrounded by Dwarves. The Fire Clown is Laughing. The Dwarves are fleeing."

Suddenly you'll have a Fire Clown made out of stone (Since you know that that's what would happen) rampaging around your fortress as well as a bunch of stone dwarves which would not be counted as part of your civilisation - and thus all work, everywhere, would be disrupted until they all became statues again.

Of course, due to the inherent bug of this system they would each form an exact copy of the original statue - which would then all become alive next cycle and you'd have, like, ten fire clowns made out of stone running around.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 13, 2012, 10:24:10 pm »

What show?

POST-WIKIPEDIA FAKE EDIT: Not talking about the show, that myth of Gargoyle statues being able to come alive exists in real life which is what i was referring to.

Hence where the show came from, I would guess. Didn't know about that myth, though. Huh. xD Given some of the goddamn weird statues the Dwarves carve, those coming to life would be... Uh...

"This is a statue of a Fire Clown surrounded by Dwarves. The Fire Clown is Laughing. The Dwarves are fleeing."

Suddenly you'll have a Fire Clown made out of stone (Since you know that that's what would happen) rampaging around your fortress as well as a bunch of stone dwarves which would not be counted as part of your civilisation - and thus all work, everywhere, would be disrupted until they all became statues again.

Of course, due to the inherent bug of this system they would each form an exact copy of the original statue - which would then all become alive next cycle and you'd have, like, ten fire clowns made out of stone running around.
Of course, the fleeing stone dwarves would probably be harmless, since they're fleeing constantly.
If you captured them, they'de probably make for good arena occupants.

"Hey Urist McMason, what are those statues of fleeing dwarves for?"
"Oh, those? The Captain of the Guard asked me to make a bunch'a 'em."
"What for?"
"Well, after the Gargoyle Plague bring's 'em to life, they'll be used as training dummies."
"..."

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 13, 2012, 10:39:52 pm »

Of course, the fleeing stone dwarves would probably be harmless, since they're fleeing constantly.
If you captured them, they'de probably make for good arena occupants.

"Hey Urist McMason, what are those statues of fleeing dwarves for?"
"Oh, those? The Captain of the Guard asked me to make a bunch'a 'em."
"What for?"
"Well, after the Gargoyle Plague bring's 'em to life, they'll be used as training dummies."
"..."

I suspect the fleeing dwarves would be the least of your problems.

Although, things could be worse... Imagine if they were counted as part of your civ!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Check out my RtD!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 13, 2012, 10:40:02 pm »

What show?

I know what you mean by clown but oh my god does fire clown sound so much more horrifying.

Amongst screaming dwarves and the noise of many feet patting on stone all you hear is..

*Honk honk*... *WHOOOOOSH!!*
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 13, 2012, 10:52:10 pm »

Anybody else see the Dr. Who episode with the Weeping Angels?

They're a hideous, monstrous creature that exists to kill. But they evolved the most perfect defense mechanism possible -- when observed, they become "quantum locked" and become frozen in space, becoming an indestructible statue. When nobody is looking, they can move terrifyingly fast and perfectly silently. The name of the first episode they appear is "Blink" because, literally, blinking gives them enough time to kill you. But they cannot suppress their defense mechanism -- it's completely involuntary. They'll freeze into stone if observed, even if they're not aware of being observed. It's a simple fact of their biology -- they cannot exist when observed.

Now imagine these things getting into your fortress... running around killing sleeping dwarves, but never showing up in the units list (that counts as observing them) nor visible on the screen as anything other than statues. But when you're looking elsewhere, and no awake dwarves are present, they're free to roam your fort, looking for helpless victims...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:00:04 pm by Name Lips »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 13, 2012, 10:55:24 pm »

Sound like xenomorphs. Or SCP #147. In Fact I think 147 is based off of that.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43