Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: We're too late, Obama signed ACTA  (Read 41470 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: We're too late, Obama signed ACTA
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2012, 09:45:16 pm »

What kind of Moondictator asks for moon-votes anyways?

The kind that wants to make the people think that they have a choice.

You sad, pathetic creatures, you imagine that your pitiful elections actually mean something, your promises of free zombie power and holidays actually mean something, when in all reality I am the one true ruler of the moon, none can challenge my might.

The Tickle Police will shortly arrive at your residence to instill the Joys of Happinesses.

You see, good people? I treat my foes with great justice giggles!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2012, 09:48:57 pm »

Joys of Happiness being an artifact giant corkscrew, of course.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2012, 10:13:56 pm »

In moon voting, the ballot is simplified by giving people options to choose from "packages" of votes on issues, since people are likely to vote on broad ideologies anyway. They'd look like this:

Code: [Select]
CHOOSE AN OPTION PACKAGE
X MARKS YES, O MARKS NO

[ ] Package 1:
[O] A RE-ELECTION OF THE LEADER IS NECESSARY
[X] THIS VOTER SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE
[X] KITTENS SHOULD BE USED IN SOAP PRODUCTION

[ ] Package 2:
[X] A RE-ELECTION OF THE LEADER IS NECESSARY
[O] THIS VOTER SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE
[X] KITTENS SHOULD BE USED IN SOAP PRODUCTION

The people of the moon are so satisfied with their leader, they don't even vote to have an election.

As for on-topic discussion, government needs to stop doing stupid shit. Didn't people learn not to pull stuff like this when they tried to ban rock and roll?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2012, 10:16:28 pm »

* AoD points to the broken, partially crushed rails

Can we try to stay on them?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2012, 10:36:48 pm »

I'm not sure this thread even has any rails any more, considering the original topic was Obama signing ACTA, and it has since devolved into Why the Government Suck.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2012, 11:52:23 pm »

Obama wouldn't have signed ACTA if government didn't suck? 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2012, 11:58:29 pm »

ACTA wouldn't have been a thing if government didn't suck.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2012, 01:17:26 am »

I'm still considering if I should lock this thread or not o_O  Sure it's gone off course, but it's the longest running thread I've ever started...  :-\

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2012, 01:20:20 am »

I'm still considering if I should lock this thread or not o_O  Sure it's gone off course, but it's the longest running thread I've ever started...  :-\

Aww, why?  We seem to be coming to a consensus that government sucks because they are influenced to the point where they will bring up bills like these in congress!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2012, 01:26:43 am »

You could always just tell everyone to stop and you wouldn't need to lock it. I'm sure we're all reasonable enough to stop when asked by the OP.

If not, then I'm sure Toady is fine with handing off a few warnings.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2012, 10:53:50 am »

He's been floating around a 50% approval rating since the last forever, sometimes going as high as ~55% and low as ~45%. None of that seems to be affected by ACTA or anything - At least, I haven't seen any correlation. ACTA is basically unknown to the non-internet public, and I've yet to see any major news companies make a deal out of it.

So... As far as ACTA goes, he just signed it and no one cared except us. People were too busy with cruise liners crashing and pop stars dying to take note that Big Brother was becoming a reality. Granted, most people don't know about ACTA or think it's a big deal because none of the newsy folks are talking about it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 21, 2012, 01:07:19 pm »

He's been floating around a 50% approval rating since the last forever, sometimes going as high as ~55% and low as ~45%. None of that seems to be affected by ACTA or anything - At least, I haven't seen any correlation. ACTA is basically unknown to the non-internet public, and I've yet to see any major news companies make a deal out of it.

So... As far as ACTA goes, he just signed it and no one cared except us. People were too busy with cruise liners crashing and pop stars dying to take note that Big Brother was becoming a reality. Granted, most people don't know about ACTA or think it's a big deal because none of the newsy folks are talking about it.

Suddenly I have a strange feeling of Déjà Vu.
Hello.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2012, 02:04:32 pm »

...I've yet to see any major news companies make a deal out of it.

TV5 (French news) is the only popular news outlet that I've seen run a story on it. They had some small street protests there.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 21, 2012, 07:41:15 pm »

For all those interested in further moon politics.

This will be the last mention of in this thread.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2012, 07:29:21 am »

Well, now this is interesting.  I'm trying to go to 4chan on a lark, and while I can see the frontpage, and see the Latest Posts changing so I know people can access it, trying to go to any board gives me a failed connection.  "Boards.4chan.org" does not exist, says a Yahoo-powered page branded "COMODO: Creating Trust Online" which I have never seen before.  And the address bar includes some ominous tagging bits like "secured" and "intercept".

However, it appears to be a bit intermittent - sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't, every few minutes or so.  And my Tor browser (Vidalia) can access it regardless.  I have a very strong suspicion that I am somehow being blocked from viewing 4chan.  How interesting.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20