Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Chapter Master (A 40k Suggestion Game, I got 99 problems but Xenos aint one. )  (Read 8039 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

You are the Chapter Master of the Thunder Knights, a young space marine chapter created at the behest of the Lords of Terra from gene stock retrieved from the dark catocombs of Mars,  The source of your Gene stock has been kept secret by the High Lords. High Lord Scintorum has taken particular interest in the Birth of the Chapter, even you have been blessed to see him face to face in the Schola Progenium where you had been raised. You had always stood apart from your fellow students in Martial ability and wisdom your instructors were both overjoyed in your selection to become a Space Marine and saddened by the fact that you were leaving their tutelage.

You and your fellow Battle Brothers had been recruited from across the galaxy from Death Worlds to Void fleets and all brought to Terra for your training as initiates. Instructed to make battle for the Emperor in all types of terrain you built bonds with your fellow initiates and future Brothers you had always stood a head above your fellow initiates.  Many died in the rigors of training under the High Lord's watchful gaze, some plucked from the training proccess for weakness, There can only be one thousand Marines out of the several thousand initiates and luckily enough you survived it all with your fellow potentials. 3000 became 1000 hardened men ready to be the Emperors Angels of Death.

From those thousand hardened men only six hundred survived the surgery and had bodies accepting of your Geneseed. Fifty of your Battle Brothers had been sent to Mars to train as Tech-Marines, Sixty had been allowed training as Apothecaries ,Thirty of your Battle Brothers have been sent to study as potential Chaplains of your Chapter and only ten of them had tested positively to become Librarians. You continued to train alongside your brothers for almost half of a century before being declared ready by the High Lords.

You swear to the High Lords and on the Codex Astarte to defend the Imperium against all threats to the Emperor's Glory and to defend Mankind to the last man.

Now. Who are you Chapter Master (Describe yourself!)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:34:32 am by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Chapter Master (A 40k Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 07:47:15 pm »

1 Question:

Are we immediately allowed to lead our chapter into allegiance of Chaos?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master (A 40k Suggestion Game)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:54:41 pm »

No, Towards the start your chapter will be under watch for this type of thing along with the fact that your Chapter is full of young Marines fresh out of Holy Terra so I don't think they would take falling to Chaos lightly
Raggle Fraggle

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master (A 40k Suggestion Game, Describe yourself!)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:11:42 pm »

besides, there are too many space marine games about a chapter falling to Chaos, having us stay pure to the Imperium would be orignal.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »

Name: Severus Grimnar
An imposing figure, Severus towers over his battle-brethren. Known for his cunning and aggressive strategies, he tries to lead from the front whenever possible. He favours the use of a pair of arcane lightning claws.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 03:45:30 pm »

Wait, if we're being original here, why not have an unimposing figure, short for a space marine, leads from the front when the situation is best, completely bat crazy close combat skills, although the lightning claws are pretty cool, and is known for being reserved and tactical?

I'm thinking grey/red armour with the mightiest yellow paint trimming available! :D

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:06:47 pm »

Wait, if we're being original here, why not have an unimposing figure, short for a space marine, leads from the front when the situation is best, completely bat crazy close combat skills, although the lightning claws are pretty cool, and is known for being reserved and tactical?

I'm thinking grey/red armour with the mightiest yellow paint trimming available! :D

I just pictured Wolverine in Power Armour.  8)

Cool ideas all around!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 07:17:10 pm »

So

Named
Name: Severus Grimnar

?
Raggle Fraggle

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 03:11:46 pm »

I'd say yep.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 03:27:22 pm »

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smp.php

just try your own.

I support the "short-and-clever", counter-typical chapter master. plus awesome unnarmed skills. imagine some arguing with, say, a space wolf:
"THOU ARE A COWARD, THIS PLAN IS..."
*whack slap twist*
*space wolf is lying on the ground, in pain*
*you only used one arm*

Name: Severus Grimfrost
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 07:45:04 pm »

Now let's carve a righteous path in the name of the Emperor!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 07:49:21 pm »

Now let's carve a righteous path in the name of the Emperor!

Begin the opening ceremony! BRING OUT THE POWER SCISSORS

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 08:37:26 pm »

Soon after your christening as Chapter Master you receive your first order from the High Lords, You have been assigned to the Cherbdus System, Your role is to protect the system and because of its location relatively close to the galactic rim you are told to assure that it continues to pay its tithes and obey the Imperial Creed.

The Thunder Knights travel to Cherbdus without issue nor malfunction. The only notable event the passing Black Ship that resulted in the deaths of a few Astropaths in the choir but they were quickly replaced and you arrive in Cherbdus to no cheering or ceremony, Patrus, the captain of your flagship Tontrius, informs you of the planets that you have routes to

Allevion, a Forge World. Loyal? ?

Tartarus, a Death world turned Penal planet. Loyal

Tundellore, A hive world, Loyal?

Kashbrindra, Agri-World, Loyal? ? ?  ?

Tudron, Feudal World, Loyal ?

(Number of question marks give a rough idea for how loyal the planet is to the Imperium)

Your Chapter has been given the following resources to Defend the Imperium
Spoiler: Fleet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marines (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Personal Wargear (click to show/hide)

Wealth 40 (Wealth is the abstract used to describe currency and resources available to the chapter)

You guys really lucked out on Warbikes. :l Ask to scan any planet you are interested in for more detail
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:23:04 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master (A 40k Suggestion Game, Welcome to the Cherbdus )
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 10:23:16 pm »

Go to Tartus to see why it was a death world and to instill loyalty.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master (A 40k Suggestion Game, Welcome to the Cherbdus )
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 10:24:09 pm »

(Just for clarification, do more ?s mean that the planet is more or less loyal?)

I think the first order of business would be to survey the planets in system, get to know what imperial resources are in the area at our disposal. With that information we can determine if any places need our immediate 'assistance'. We can also determine the best location for our Chapter Fortress. We may want to split the fleet into 2 or more groups to cover scouting faster.

Thoughts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5