Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress v0.31.25 - Unofficial Patch  (Read 19814 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress v0.31.25 - Unofficial Patch
« on: January 30, 2012, 02:05:31 am »

Using Quietust's expertise and a hex editor, I've been able to put together a new executable for DF that fixes the following bugs in 0.31.25.

Spoiler: Behold, the wagons! (click to show/hide)

---
Download v0.9.1

-Crystal glass can now be manufactured.
-Caravans will now bring trade wagons under appropriate circumstances.
-Fixed an issue causing the [MAGMA_BUILD_SAFE] token not to work as intended.
-"Auto fishery" and "auto kitchen" settings will now work as intended.
-Olivine doors will now appear correctly.
-The reactions to make lye will now correctly require an empty bucket.
-The stone stocks screen will now display all relevant materials.
-TrueType will now correctly display accented characters.

---

Download v1.1

-In addition to the changes from v0.9, this version makes one additional change...
-Reactions at the forge will now respect the [MATERIAL_SIZE] token. [MATERIAL_SIZE] now correctly specifies the number of bars to be used.

---

If you have modified your raws to account for the material size issue, or otherwise don't want that particular change, download v0.9.1.  Otherwise, download v1.1.

Bugfixes in these versions are Quietust's work - I just put them together and packaged them so that you can simply plug it in and play.  To enjoy these fixes, remove the "Dwarf Fortress.exe" file from your DF directory and replace it with the one provided (a new world may be required).  Note that these changes only work for the WINDOWS SDL version of DF - they do NOT work for the legacy version.

Modders - I have no issue with any of you using or redistributing these executables with your own work.

Please report any issues or concerns.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:27:09 pm by narhiril »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dwarf Fortress v0.31.25 - Unofficial Patch
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:11:19 am »

Tested in about 25 worlds now, short plays. Never found anything wrong with it. Cant find any bugs.
Can definetly say that material size, the magma safe token, wagons and the new stone stocks screen additions do work.

I noticed while testing that even furniture, like doors, statues, cabinets, all those need more bars (mostly 3) now.  If you melt these objects, you get only one metal bar however.

Luckily the prodcut dimension in the reactions (150 for one bar, 10000 for cloth and so on) is not influenced by this.

Great work and thanks.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:27:02 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:17:45 am »

Tested in about 25 worlds now, short plays. Never found anything wrong with it. Cant find any bugs.
Can definetly say that material size, the magma safe token, wagons and the new stone stocks screen additions do work.

Great work and thanks.

Couldn't have done it alone, but I do what I can ;)

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 05:14:45 am »

Holy shit. I've been following some of these bugs for a while, wondering if there was a fix, considering doing some editing... i finally got around to tracking them all down to a single bugfix exe, thinking it was about time... and then i noticed it was posted Today. lol.

Great work, anyway, and thanks Quietust.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 07:55:59 am »

Anyway to fix the bug of reactions taking an "entire" stack of reagents? just curious other then that, this fix is a welcome. Thank you and Quietust.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:07:31 am »

I noticed while testing that even furniture, like doors, statues, cabinets, all those need more bars (mostly 3) now.  If you melt these objects, you get only one metal bar however.
That is correct - in fact, if you go back and play 40d (or earlier), you'll notice that it behaves exactly the same.

[edit] Also, there's an additional patch you might want to incorporate:
Code: [Select]
2F063F : BE -> B6
2F07DD : BE -> B6
The above patch fixes TrueType mode to properly display accented characters without crashing. I would've posted it on the bug tracker, but the bug entry already got marked as Fixed (and thus no longer allows adding new comments).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:16:32 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 09:23:49 am »

Ok so, i just decided i was going to go back to playing with the vanilla ASCII art.

So i reinstalled DF, and copied in the unofficially patched .exe.

"Not found: data/art/Phoebus_16x16.png"

Yes, i was using Phoebus graphics before. How on earth does it know that though? Must be a coincidence. I completely deleted my DF folder and reinstalled it from the installer downloaded straight from Bay12, and then copied the exe from this thread in. That's it.

What gives?!?!

Wait.. wait.. something's not right. Probably my fault. Must be in the ini files. Disreguard. For now.

Edit: Yep. My bad, init files. Hyuk. Oh well. Free bump! :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:30:59 am by schismatise »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 10:07:46 am »

That is correct - in fact, if you go back and play 40d (or earlier), you'll notice that it behaves exactly the same.

[edit] Also, there's an additional patch you might want to incorporate:
Code: [Select]
2F063F : BE -> B6
2F07DD : BE -> B6
The above patch fixes TrueType mode to properly display accented characters without crashing. I would've posted it on the bug tracker, but the bug entry already got marked as Fixed (and thus no longer allows adding new comments).

I'll get on that right away :)

EDIT: Aaaaaand it's up.  Enjoy.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:18:59 am by narhiril »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 11:39:42 am »

Do we know yet how many of these bugs will actually be fixed in the next release?  And for those which aren't, how long will it take to make a patch for that version?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 11:45:36 am »

Maybe you could just discreetly email this to Toady and Threetoe, just so they at least see how to fix them for good, even if they don't use this exact .exe ^ ^

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 12:08:02 pm »

Not sure but I seem to be having a problem with this, specifically the forging changes.  I spent about an hour extracting and smelting adamantine into wafers, and eventually ended up with 40ish.  When I try to forge anything out of them (helm in this case) however, I get a message saying I don't have enough adamantine after watching my smith run back and forth dumping every single one of those 39 wafers in the forge.  Not sure the material value is set correctly or something. 

I just dumped this .exe into a running genesis fort, so it might not be a problem with a new world... just thought I'd share anyways though for people that aren't sure which version to download.  Good thing you have one up without that change ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:10:31 pm by nukularpower »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 12:28:03 pm »

Not sure but I seem to be having a problem with this, specifically the forging changes.  I spent about an hour extracting and smelting adamantine into wafers, and eventually ended up with 40ish.  When I try to forge anything out of them (helm in this case) however, I get a message saying I don't have enough adamantine after watching my smith run back and forth dumping every single one of those 39 wafers in the forge.  Not sure the material value is set correctly or something. 

I just dumped this .exe into a running genesis fort, so it might not be a problem with a new world... just thought I'd share anyways though for people that aren't sure which version to download.  Good thing you have one up without that change ;)

I'm guessing this has to do with the way DF handles reactions in saves.  It shouldn't be a problem in a new world, but I still appreciate you bringing it up in case anyone was curious about save compatibility.

If you gen a new world and it still happens, make sure to say something.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 03:20:11 pm »

Could you copy/paste the reaction you used to smelt those wafers? I tested my changes with forging adamantine weapons/armor and it all worked correctly in an existing fortress from version 0.31.12.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 03:24:24 pm »

It's genesis mod so I'm not sure what file they would be in, I will see if I can find them though.. I will try it again, maybe it was just a fluke.

I don't think the vanilla weapon/armor forging reactions are in the raws?  If they are, which one?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 03:26:36 pm »

Actually, I think I know what your problem is - your raws were probably modified to multiply all of the MATERIAL_SIZE values by 150.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4