Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding a Saved Game  (Read 1539 times)

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding a Saved Game
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:47:43 pm »

What can be done without having to generate a new world when editing a saved regions raw files?
Specifically, right now I have it set so that anything that any goblins or kobolds that come onto the field right now just die (by setting the boiling points of all of their everything to zero). I don't want it to always be this way, just for now while I take care of what I want to take care of.

When I remove that change later, will they still die like that? Do these changes only effect new creatures that come onto the field, but are not effective on creatures that were already present? I tried it on my dwarves but it didn't work which makes me ask this question.

Thanks.
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Modding a Saved Game
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 07:53:13 pm »

The effects are instant; creatures that were altered to die immediately will stop dying from high boiling points. That said, if the creature accumulated a lot of heat, that creature might still burn to death, but all of the subsequent creatures of that race won't burn anymore.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.