Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress v0.31.25 - Unofficial Patch  (Read 19951 times)

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress v0.31.25 - Unofficial Patch
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 03:29:11 pm »

Nice work guys. I remember there was a hex edited version of the crystal glass bug somewhere on df.wimbli but this is far more impressive.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thx a lot

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 04:19:39 pm »

Since these are based on Quietust's work I assume these are Windows - SDL only and not just "SDL only" as the first post states?
Note that these changes only work for the SDL version of DF - they do NOT work for the legacy version.
I would be very happy if I was wrong.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:22:24 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 05:03:13 pm »

Actually, I think I know what your problem is - your raws were probably modified to multiply all of the MATERIAL_SIZE values by 150.

Definately possible since it said I needed 45000 bars or something.

Still waiting on the new LFR version *cough cough* to try it with another mod :)

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 05:30:51 pm »

And that is definitely a title that will draw some attention! Good work, all!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 05:45:37 pm »

Since these are based on Quietust's work I assume these are Windows - SDL only and not just "SDL only" as the first post states?
Note that these changes only work for the SDL version of DF - they do NOT work for the legacy version.
It is indeed Windows - SDL only - I do not have the means to produce binary patches for the Linux or Mac versions.

Actually, I think I know what your problem is - your raws were probably modified to multiply all of the MATERIAL_SIZE values by 150.
Definately possible since it said I needed 45000 bars or something.
If the job cancel said you needed that much, then your raws were modded - either download the patched EXE that doesn't incorporate the smithing fix, or change your raws to undo that modification (edit item_*.txt, locate all MATERIAL_SIZE tokens, then divide their values by 150 where appropriate).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 05:53:45 pm »

It is indeed Windows - SDL only - I do not have the means to produce binary patches for the Linux or Mac versions.
I thought so, that's too bad.  I just thought I check and hopefully head off people trying to use this with the other versions.
Hopefully these are fixed in the next version of Dwarf Fortress so everyone can benefit from your work to discover what is wrong.

narhiril I would add that this is windows only to the first post so you don't have to deal with people trying it to use it with other versions.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 06:27:58 pm »

I thought so, that's too bad.  I just thought I check and hopefully head off people trying to use this with the other versions.
Hopefully these are fixed in the next version of Dwarf Fortress so everyone can benefit from your work to discover what is wrong.

narhiril I would add that this is windows only to the first post so you don't have to deal with people trying it to use it with other versions.

Done and thanks.

Ferozstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes magma and dwarves for their macabre ways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 06:39:41 pm »

Wow. This is... amazing. Fixes a few of the bugs that were annoying me the most. It's a little sad it will become obsolete in a few days with the new DF release :/

I'm going to give it a try anyway. One question, though - is the patch compatible with normal savegames, or do I have to re-generate the world to use it?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 07:23:52 pm »

The only part of this patch that does not take effect immediately is the caravan wagon fix, and that's because that fix affects the behavior of worldgen - if you want wagons in an already-generated world, you'll need to compile the latest DFHack sources (or wait until peterix makes another release, which should hopefully be soon) and run the "fixwagons" plugin.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 07:29:15 pm »

Wow. This is... amazing. Fixes a few of the bugs that were annoying me the most. It's a little sad it will become obsolete in a few days with the new DF release :/

I'm going to give it a try anyway. One question, though - is the patch compatible with normal savegames, or do I have to re-generate the world to use it?

I doubt it will be completely obsolete.  It should at least be useful during the period where Toady's bug fixes for the initial release are taking place and the modding community is trying to catch up with the upcoming version.

Still waiting on the new LFR version *cough cough* to try it with another mod :)

Stop waiting, start downloading.  :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:50:21 pm by narhiril »

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 06:52:30 am »

Anyway to fix the bug of reactions taking an "entire" stack of reagents? just curious other then that, this fix is a welcome. Thank you and Quietust.

I second this question - just remembered, when you buy Lye from traders, the reaction to make soap will use the whole barrel of 10 lye instead of just 1 of them (correct me if i'm wrong). Anyone know what other reactions this is an issue with? I assume it would just be another typo in the code or something?

Edit: Another question, if you can be bothered - how easy would it be to fix:

Raw clear glass and raw crystal glass cannot be selected for cutting or encrusting tasks at the jeweller's workshop. The tasks are available in the Job Manager screen.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:59:19 am by schismatise »

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 06:10:59 am »

I guess this mode doesn't fix overclutter with large animal parts, or does it?
If negative can it be fixed?

Jorshamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 11:33:07 am »

This is great, thanks.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »

I've just acquired some tools for making binary patches for the Linux version and have tentatively ported all of my binary patches:
-Crystal glass
-MAGMA_BUILD_SAFE
-Auto-fishery/kitchen
-Olivine doors
-Make Lye
-Metalsmithing and MATERIAL_SIZE (this one was especially complicated)
-Obsidian on Z-Stones
-Caravan wagons

For the TrueType fix, apply the following patches to libgraphics.so:
* EB641 : BE -> B6
* EBE51 : BE -> B6

Be warned that I have not yet tested any of these patches, so they might not work correctly.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:43:49 pm by Quietust »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 09:32:07 pm »

I've just acquired some tools for making binary patches for the Linux version and have tentatively ported all of my binary patches:
-Crystal glass
Be warned that I have not yet tested any of these patches, so they might not work correctly.
I tested the crystal glass fix it works but breaks dfhack and Dwarf Therapist.
I got Dwarf Therapist to work by making a copy of the 0.31.25 memory layout and changing the checksum to match the new executable.
dfhack worked after adding a new section to Memory.xml for the new executable.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:47:05 pm by arclance »
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4