Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress v0.31.25 - Unofficial Patch  (Read 19826 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dwarf Fortress v0.31.25 - Unofficial Patch
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 09:43:07 pm »

After reading the last post I just felt obliged to say that dfhack and dwarf therapist still work perfectly fine in the windows sdl version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »

After reading the last post I just felt obliged to say that dfhack and dwarf therapist still work perfectly fine in the windows sdl version.
The linux version of both makes a hash check of the Dwarf_Fortress executable when they run to determine the version of Dwarf Fortress so it can use the correct memory offsets.
If the hash does not match the list of know executables they don't work. dfhack does not hook into Dwarf Fortress and Dwarf Therapist give an unknown version error message.
I got them to work by copying the entry for v0.31.25 and changing the hash to match the patched executable.
I think they make that check in windows too so I am surprised they worked for you.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 10:50:29 pm »

The Windows versions don't check the executable's checksum - they check the "timestamp" field in the PE header.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:00 pm »

Um... While I appreciate the fact that obsidian is now on the z-stones list after applying this patch, I don't appreciate the fact that none of the useless stones now are. It's back to the 40d stones screen; all of the "relevant" materials appear, but none of the "irrelevant" ones, which is worse than the non-appearance of obsidian on that screen. Can that issue be fixed without raw editing?
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 12:16:04 am »

Which patch did you apply? The first one makes it show everything, while the second one reverts it to 40d-style behavior.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 12:24:44 am »

I applied the "1.1" patch, since I assumed that it did nothing but what it said it did... Except that I just applied the other one, too, and found the exact same issue. No useless stones are in the stocks screen either way.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 04:08:25 am »

I am confused, why do you want useless stones in the stocks screen?  Never really figured out what that was for, besides looking up what that ore I just found can make.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 09:30:54 am »

I don't know which patch narhiril used for the z-stones fix - if you look at the bug tracker, I posted two possible patches for that problem, where the first one causes all stones to show up and the second one reverts it to 40d-style behavior.

Pancho Cachondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 10:47:10 am »

I can confirm wagons work now, but the material_size fix didn't fix anything. I was able to forge a steel long sword using only 1 bar of steel.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 10:56:30 am »

I can confirm wagons work now, but the material_size fix didn't fix anything. I was able to forge a steel long sword using only 1 bar of steel.
That's not a valid test, because long swords have always required a single bar - the MATERIAL_SIZE is divided by 3 and rounded down (and then set to 1 if it was zero), so the only things that require more than 1 bar are various pieces of armor (greaves, breastplates, and mail shirts) and most types of furniture.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2012, 11:11:53 am »

I am confused, why do you want useless stones in the stocks screen?  Never really figured out what that was for, besides looking up what that ore I just found can make.
I guess it can make it easier to have unified furniture materials, among others, or to remove, say, microcline from consideration. Also, kaolinite counts as a worthless stone despite being used for porcelain now, since the game doesn't check for that. So if you want to reserve kaolinite for porcelain use, you'd want the useless stones in the stock screen.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 11:16:03 am »

Also, kaolinite counts as a worthless stone despite being used for porcelain now, since the game doesn't check for that.
That would be this bug; unfortunately, that's not something I can fix with a binary patch.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2012, 11:36:14 am »

I want useless stones on the z-stones screen so I can stop my masons from using them when I've got a flux layer. Even if your whole fort is in more valuable stone layers, you still often get tons of useless and lower-value stone from clusters or other mining efforts, so being able to stop masons from using it is nice.

I don't know which patch narhiril used for the z-stones fix - if you look at the bug tracker, I posted two possible patches for that problem, where the first one causes all stones to show up and the second one reverts it to 40d-style behavior.
Ah, I was looking at narhiril's two patches. Apparently he used the second one on both versions of his combined changes. Unfortunately I don't know how to apply your single-issue binary patches... I gather I need a hex editor, but I don't believe I have one and don't know where to get one for free if I don't.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2012, 12:19:11 pm »

If you need a hex-editor for Windows, try xvi32. Alternatively, you could check wikipedia or just Google it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:27:53 pm by Quietust »

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2012, 01:41:37 pm »

If you need a hex-editor for Windows, try xvi32. Alternatively, you could check wikipedia or just Google it.
Yeah, I probably should've just Googled one  :-[

Anyway, I figured out how to work it, and it appears to function properly. It took a bit to find the correct addresses because I wasn't sure how that editor was displaying them, but now I've got it working properly. Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4