Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Freeform Adventure RTD! (Closed)  (Read 9211 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Re: Freeform Adventure RTD! Turn 1
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 11:44:47 pm »

> 15 smoked fish (15 silver)
> 2 Iron daggers (200 silver)
> 5 coin purses (5 silver)
> 16 large bags (80 silver)
> 1 Peasant clothes(?) (80 silver)
> 10 bottles (10 silver)

I'm assuming we can hold weapons in both hands?
yes, however im surprised no one has equipped them. Also you are already wearing clothes, so Im going to assume you dont want clothes for the moment with that question mark

Yoink and NRDL left, and I will post, if they do not make a post by the time they signed up tomorrow (give or take the fact i may or may not be on myself), they may be subject to standing there. Hint hint, nudge nudge, murder? Okay maybe not that...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:52:16 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 12:45:01 am »

Buy me an iron dagger.  And 15 smoked fish. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 12:51:06 am »

Warning: No bag will make it hard to carry everything and will likely be the death of you if you fall down the stairs.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 01:34:19 am »

Well if some people have to leave I'm a happy replacement :)
[I'm assuming this kind of game is kind of like old school DND where the game master has the power to allow/disallow practically anything, correct? and he tells the story, etc.]
A gem-encrusted sock is perfect for ass-kicking.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 01:36:30 am »

Warning: No bag will make it hard to carry everything and will likely be the death of you if you fall down the stairs.

And 3 bags. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 05:52:06 am »

Fronzang, deciding to gather some supplies for whatever may befall him, heads to the marketplace and buys:
>2 pieces of bread
>10 strands of seaweed
>3 smoked fish
>1 coin purse
>1 large bag
>1 iron dagger.

He stares longingly at the fine clothes in the tailor's shop, looking down unhappily at his ragged outfit, (well, ragged apart from his fine tophat) then hides the dagger in his hat and heads to the Inn to drown his sorrows, and keep a bleary eye out for any rich, gullible-looking people, good possible marks for a scam or two. He doesn't feel too Magnificient right now.

Sorry for taking so long, timezones. I think that comes to 24 silver, if I did my maths right.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 12:07:17 pm »

I'll still buy the peasant clothes. For some reason people are put off by bloodstained clothes. No idea why.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2012, 03:43:03 pm »

Then ask the medical vendor where the bandits might be.

Any three others willing to go on a quest to help a poor damsel in distress and kill some bandits?

You go up to the medical vendor as she waves the large reward amount in people's faces as they go on by. She is quite desperate to find people to take the job, some of the local town guards had been looking at it. 50 Gold was a good amount. If you were older, it would be a good amount to retire on as a peasant. As you approach her to inquire about the bandits, a couple others seem to approach as well. The reward may be starting to show. Or maybe these were actually good people? Though you go on to ask where the bandits will be. "The ruffians would be to the west directly from here. They are just far enough that they can take our merchants out whenever they feel like." (Take you 1 Movement Turn to get there) Feeling as this may be a dangerous adventure, you take a moment to look at others "Who is willing to join me?"
Theoron Whitetree the Elf has made a Group!
Needs a Name
Members(Who Theoron accepts)(NPC and PC)

This can be found on the Sheet under Tomato

I will gladly volunteer to join Mr Tomato at the medical store if he will have me in his intrepid band!
(Or if not, I will head to the Inn and challenge any nearby dancers, professional or otherwise, to a dance-off).
"Hilda Breakfastbarr will join you!" She puts her hand up to show that she is there, and begins to walk forward to Theoron. Standing in front of him, she extends her hand out for a hearty handshake. Of course if not accepted she simply planned to leave to the Inn. That is where the party usually was anyway.

Break into sheds until a nice, sturdy wood axe (or other weaponiseable tool, such as sledgehammers/mauls, or even better - both combined in a wood maul! ;D) is found. Look for sacks and stored food and alcohol at the same time.

Anist's also up for some bandit hunting. Find out how many bandits the elf thinks there are and how well equipped they might be.
With nothing but the clothes on her back, Anist had a plan to break into sheds. If luck was on her side, the guards wouldn't catch her. (Rolled 5 for Luck)
With her Dwarven fingers, she finds a door that is not locked. It creaks slightly but there is no one there but a cat, its head sits up, and it yawns before laying its head back down. What she finds(Rolled 3 for Luck) is not what she is looking for, but she does the next best thing at least. She finds a long pitchfork. Could stab someone with this. however for stored food and alcohol, he is not in luck, unless he wishes to try and kill the cat, he is straight out of luck. Carrying his pitchfork out, she heads over to the market, no food, or water to survive. Hopefully luck will shine on her. Seeing a couple others talking of hunting down bandits for a 50 gold reward, Anist smiles. "I will help you lady!" She shouts and the dwarf walks forward with the pitchfork over her shoulder. She can survive without food or water for a little bit. If she can return just in time with that 50 gold, she could afford a pretty decent amount of things. The vendor smiles and begins to explain, "There are 5 of them, they are well armed and armored. But we need these medical supplies to help the people, we only sell surplus."

Look around for any one-handed implements that could be used as weapons. Find two.
Another dwarf, Adil, is searching around the grounds. He isn't looking anywhere specific, but he isn't trying to be suspicious or do anything illegal. As Luck(Rolled 4) would have it, he finds two one-handed implements he won't get in trouble for. Some old rusted forks were found near the tavern, perhaps thrown away. Most likely thrown by drunks. But at least you got your weapons right?

After that, volunteer for medical equipment retrieval!
After gathering some quick supplies in the market, Darius overhears the talk of a reward and bandits and begins to walk to them, smiling to himself, he puts up his ovice. "I am up for some bandit hunting myself... If you would like to use my services, please, by all means, let us go."

Head to the inn looking for mercenary work of my own.[/b]
The goblin, Grem walks into the Inn, the owner being a Female Goblin greets him a bit more nicely than any human, elf and especially the drunken dwarves that come in here. With a raspy voice the Barkeeper asks in their own tongue, "What can I do for you?" Grem begins to look at some of the wanted posters and looks back to the barkeep, responding in the same tongue. "Name's Grem. Looking for job." The innkeeper begins to think for a moment, but then begins to speak a bit more silently, "Word is there is a bandit party outside of town, some lady wants 50 gold for it, but if you can bring that to me, I will give you twice that. Or I'm sure there is... maybe some other reward you want." As seductive as a goblin could be, she winks at Grem. "Though I believe there are other smaller jobs, I heard the guards over talking about an escaped lunatic out in the woods who is eating people out there. Heard it was a Elf too. Or feel free to look elsewhere." She begins to lose interest now as she serves other customers nearby, waiting for your response. Grem however can also wait to be hired by people coming along, but right now he isn't the only mercenary and some of these guys are better armed.

Matthias looked around after he had bought everything. The sword was just too expensive to buy, not like it was his style. He decided to see if he can find some work that might earn him an axe of some description. Woodcutting might be a good start, as much as he wanted to help take down the bandits.
Having looked around buying everything he felt it was necessary, he had pondered on the sword, expensive as it was for at least a moment. Having asked around, the Elves were not too pleased when he asked, but the humans a bit more helpful in his small quest.(Luck 5) He finds a older man sitting outside his home. The old man had work for him as he asked. "I'm getting a bit older now, it isn't easy to move around no more. You know I'm the oldest person in this town." He laughs to himself a bit as he gets to the point, "Well, you can have my hatchet, though I need you to do me a favor with that hatchet." He reaches to the side of him, slowly holding it out. "I need you to chop down a few trees outside town and haul them back, some rope here for you too." He points at the rope on the ground. "I'm not going to live too much longer, I'd like to at least die warm." The old man smiles at Matthias, he had given him a Iron Hatchet and some rope. Would he take them for a quest, walk away with them, or ignore the issue.

I'm assuming we can hold weapons in both hands?
Playing with his two Iron daggers in both hands, he sits and whistles to himself. Sitting against a tree he watches as the cloud go by, every so often waving at some of the more... appealing gender.

Agrippa sits there with his buys, very minimalist really. But hey, better to be light right?

He stares longingly at the fine clothes in the tailor's shop, looking down unhappily at his ragged outfit, (well, ragged apart from his fine tophat) then hides the dagger in his hat and heads to the Inn to drown his sorrows, and keep a bleary eye out for any rich, gullible-looking people, good possible marks for a scam or two. He doesn't feel too Magnificient right now.
A female goblin greets him with another goblin at the bar stool already, seeming to contemplate something. Sitting a ways away from that goblin, Fronzang takes attention to the barkeep, hoping to drown his sorrows. On his way here he found A rich human that was gullible, hell they were in the bar soon after him(Luck 6). The man goes up to the barkeep. He was a big man, but he suddenly shouts, "Drinks for everybody!" He even goes over to Fronz and puts his arms around him. "Don't look glum friend, I want this Goblin friend of mine drunk!" God he was like a drunken Santa Claus.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:13:29 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2012, 03:47:09 pm »

Oh please accept me Theoron.

But I would prefer that you name your group The Badgers of Vengeful Death.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2012, 03:50:27 pm »

Adil heads over to the healer's place and takes stock of the situation.

"Oy, I would nae mind kickin' some ass right about now, what do ye say tae me joinin' ye?"

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 03:59:56 pm »

Indeed, I shall accept you. Welcome to the Tomato Badgers of vengful death!
And you too irony, if you so wish to join. Now don't go and get yourselves killed.

Accept the handshake, put the two daggers in my belt, and spread about 100 silver about my person, putting the rest in my coin purse.

If no-one else is going to join, we might as well set off now.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 04:07:42 pm »

"Theoron, my name is Hilda. Dance is my passion, but honour is my life. I will follow you as best I can, and vow never to run away."

Hilda secreted her daggers about her person, shook Theoron' throbbing handshake, and prepared for the road, whistling a traditional fisherman's tune as she walked.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 04:26:49 pm »

Aha! Well, that certainly worked... Fronzang grins, accepting a drink or three and drinking heartily. He shall then pour out his sad, sad tale to his new friend and anyone else who will listen, hopefully causing a few tears to spill and more drinks to come his way.
"...An' so here I am, all on me own an' outta monies. Who'd do that, anyways? Robbin' a Circus? Jus' ain't right, is it? An' then they blames me. Me, who was always makin' sure they was paid, scarin' off the bandits wif me voice an' all that! Was the one thing I liked, yaknow? Me 'true callin' or what's-ya-call-it. Wasn't abouts no money, jus' liked workin' in the Circus." He sighed sadly and took another swig of booze.
Fronzang shall happily accept any free drinks coming his way, getting thoroughly drunk whilst telling his sad story to anyone within earshot, with many grand embellishments and bitterly humorous bits.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 06:09:30 pm »

Matthias looked at the old man. He desired to fulfill the man's desire, but overhearing the group near the medical stall, he had to try his luck.

''Good sir. I will certainly cut the wood for you, on my honour. However, the medical supplied are running low and I wish to rectify this, by supporting the group about to leave. If you can give me some time, I swear I shall return and chop twice as much wood as you asked for.'' He said with everything he had.

Situation 1: The old man agrees; Matthias thanks the man gratefully, putting the axe on his belt. He comes to the group before interjecting: ''Room for one more?'' He asks cheerfully.

Situation 2: The old man disagrees; Matthias nods sincerely. ''Then I shall do as you asked, and thankyou all the same.'' Matthias moves on and cuts the wood dutifully, with interest.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 07:06:47 pm »

((I assume Anist was included in that "you", Tomato. I mean, you didn't ignore her just because she's short, did you? :P))

Anist tapped the pitch fork shaft unpatiently on the ground.

"Well, day's running away. Let's get going, shall we? And no short jokes, or the bandits won't be the only ones with a fork up their nethers come morning. Now. Anyone got any food to spare?"

Unless anyone has anything else to do, travel to the bandits with the others. I suggest we try to scout out their camp before we attack, and try to take at least one of them by surprise when they go take a piss.

@agertor - Also, Anist's a she. I know, I know, it's hard to see with the beard and all, but she gets offended so easily about those matters ;)
Also also, a good way to separate between posts is the [ hr ] tag (without the spaces of course). It's the symbol in the tool field with a line pointing two-ways.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7