Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 319013 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #2115 on: March 30, 2013, 06:42:26 am »

Indeed.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 30, 2013, 03:30:17 pm »

You sit down, and rest. Diane has gathered firewood, and TW made it a camp-fire.
Right... TW, do you think you can be fixed?
That's kind of blunt.
If you found a way to change my behavior through something, yes. They used drugs as a reward system, and shocks a punish, motivation and way of amusement system. I feel phantom pains when I do something detrimental, and I get some warm feelings when I help them somehow. It also calms my "itch".
Itch?
Even though I fixed a good part of the addiction, it still remains. I removed the traces, but not the psychological effects.
Anything else?
There are a whole heap of receptors throughout my spine, and they plugged my brain in their computer as well. All of it removable, so I wouldn't reduce in effectiveness. I had a weekly break, so I don't grow too dependent on the drugs or get too used to the shocks.
Bastards.
So, you know how we'd get you into better mental health?
Like I said, something that changes behavior majorly can break the indoctrination, and waiting for long enough for me to end the addiction to their drugs should help, but the phantom pain will remain.
Wait! Wouldn't the worms work?
That is immeasurably risky, to the point that I wouldn't try it. Their attempt at killing me does give me a reason to fight the-AGH!
She buckles over in pain. After a short bit, she seems to calm down, and she touches her wrists, and presses some points on her spine.
Diane helps her out in dealing with the phantom pains.

After that, the conversation ceases to be informative, as it just goes into a basic talk. Jokes, stories and all that.
TW is surprisingly capable of hilarious commentary.
So you all go to sleep, while the zombies stand watch.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just realized that if you used guns, it wouldn't have made a difference, as you just don't have the caliber for bears.
Your revolver would be the exception.
EDIT: fixed the itch sentance, something strange happened that caused me to lose some writing. Forgot to put that bit back.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:43:17 pm by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 30, 2013, 03:40:22 pm »

Woo. Lets get sleeping.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 31, 2013, 12:50:30 am »

We don't have the resources to directly stimulate Whisper's reward centers with chemicals or electricity.  We need to do it indirectly if we're going to overwrite her conditioning with new conditioning.

We need to know what we can use as rewards to condition her away from loyalty to our and her own enemies.  Ask her what would give her pleasure hits naturally.  Maybe we'll be lucky and something as simple as chocolate could work.

Also, Kitten Snot, if the line explaining the itch was not cut off on purpose, could you please fix it? That's kind of confusing as it is now.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 31, 2013, 06:23:49 am »

I wonder... would butchering all of those she was brainwashed to obey fix her? Or maybe helping her force her way through the conditioning, almost like going cold turkey off cigarettes or alcohol or something. I dunno. Just throwing ideas out there.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 31, 2013, 07:32:22 am »

Whatever the case, we will help her.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: April 02, 2013, 01:53:54 pm »

Sounds like we need to score some drugs.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: April 03, 2013, 03:33:50 am »

When you all wake up, you see a new zombie has joined your midst, along with a dog.
Must be illegal to camp in these woods, and this ranger just had to suffer for it.The dog didn't mutate at all, from the looks of it. TW grabs the bolt-action rifle the ranger had with with him.
I can probably do something with this.
Now that the silence has been broken, you decide to just cut to the case.
I wanted to talk to you again about your conditioning. Mainly, how we are going to stop it.
I think that they conditioned me to follow whatever I must follow. Not on purpose, of course. So, is I see you as my new "owner", I'll be conditioned towards you.
Not a solution, Zero. We need a fix, not a new direction for the problem. Even if it is a favorable one.
If I stay with you long enough, you wont have to fear betrayal. If I don't get punished whenever I do something bad or don't get the injection when I do good, my conditioning may go away.
I don't think it's that eas-Don't forget we are dealing with a shoddily written story by some teenager, everything is simplified.

So, now that we know that, what are your further plans for today?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: April 03, 2013, 12:05:56 pm »

We can sort of ignore it for now? I mean, all she's really done is help us kill people. Just deal with things coincidentally. Make sure Diane is on the lookout for us acting oddly and it should be cool. As long as she can intervene. Drugs might help too, but where are we likely to find them?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: April 03, 2013, 10:58:48 pm »

We can find useful drugs at a pharmacy.  Most of the good ones are controlled substances, but if we just restrain or destroy the pharmacist, that won't bother us.  Police might, however.

We still need to swell the horde.  Animals are a good stopgap solution, though we might want to reconsider taking on any more bears until we get better at hand-to-hand combat.  Can we find anything else around here?  Preferably something predatory, fast, and not too big.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: April 03, 2013, 11:03:37 pm »

Alrighty then.
Now, a plan of action. I kinda-sorta agree with Graknorke, but we shouldn't ignore it completely. Who knows how long they were... "conditioning" her. Bastards.
Now, to the plan.

1:Infiltrate a city. A big one, preferably. Start with the poorest part of the town, where nobody will miss the people who go "missing" due to our activities.
2: Set up a more permanent base of operations. This place will be our most heavily defended area. Nobody but us and our allies will know about the existence of this place. Not even our prisoners. ESPECIALLY not our prisoners. We cannot afford a repeat of the fuck-up on all levels that just happened.
3: Begin our takeover of the city... subtly. They, the people who Sasha works for, think that we're weak right now. And, truth be told, they're absolutely right. So =, at the moment, surprise is going to be our most effective tactic. We need to lay down low, recuperate, lick our wounds.
4: Once we've turned, corrupted, or just plain eaten a significant amount of the city's essential infrastructure, stop being so sneaky and initiate a full scale takeover.

More to come when we've gotten 2 done.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: April 03, 2013, 11:28:58 pm »

Should probably keep TW from knowing our plans until we've cured her, currently she cant be trusted, even if she wants to be trusted
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: April 03, 2013, 11:33:29 pm »

Should probably keep TW from knowing our plans until we've cured her, currently she cant be trusted, even if she wants to be trusted

Agreed.  We can let her out of our sight as long as somebody else we can trust is around her keeping an eye on her, but she gets no critical information for now.  In fact, if we can prevent her from knowing where exactly we're setting up our new base without offending her, we should.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: April 03, 2013, 11:56:24 pm »

Oh, and when we take the city, we should hide our horde, last time we made a mad rush after taking a city, we got slaughtered, and captured

WAIT, If Sasha has spent so much time with us, and has now escaped, wouldn't she know our tactics?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:58:14 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: April 04, 2013, 12:03:50 am »

Remember, we absolutely CAN NOT rush this. If necessary, look at the Sith. They plotted their revenge from the shadows for thousands of years after Bane restructured the Sith, and it paid off in the end. If Anakin had never had kids, the Rebels would have been crushed. We will watch. We will wait. Revenge is a dish best served cold, after all. We'll be serving them revenge chilled to absolute zero.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 257