Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 312781 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #3195 on: September 18, 2013, 04:33:25 pm »

Can't Snowflake smash up the computer?
Just kind of bark at it and act generally aggressive towards the computer.
See if the scientists can turn us back using it first, or do anything else for us, offering them their lives in exchange. Then smash it using Snowflake unless something that warrants not doing so occurs.
We can't tell them to do anything. The only thing we can do at the moment is get the generator down and have TW transform everybody back.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: September 18, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »

Just leave the scientists. Egg heads wouldent be too mutch use as zombles right now anyways.
Any zombies is better then no zombies. And there is no reason to leave them alone.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: September 19, 2013, 09:47:57 am »

Can't Snowflake smash up the computer?
Just kind of bark at it and act generally aggressive towards the computer.
See if the scientists can turn us back using it first, or do anything else for us, offering them their lives in exchange. Then smash it using Snowflake unless something that warrants not doing so occurs.
We can't tell them to do anything. The only thing we can do at the moment is get the generator down and have TW transform everybody back.
Yeah, I know that, was suggesting having Diane carve the offer/order in as few word as possible, but yeah that would take too long I guess.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: September 20, 2013, 12:09:58 pm »

You kick the computer with your hindleg, and Snowflake follows up with a brutal smash. It doesn't seem to do anything. The computer sparks and hisses a bit before powering down. How disappointing.
The scientist munch was fun though. There is something interesting to note though, the new zombies are a lot more vocally impaired then Snowflake is. Most just gurgle out "serve", "hungry" or "itchy, tasty".
Then the search for the generator continues. Then, after a long search, you find a large detachment of guards in front of a metal door. No points for guessing what's behind that door then.
Snowflake fixes the guard problem by throwing the new zombies at them. While they are distracted fighting off the normals you kill them with your bone-crushing teeth. Easy-peasy.

The door shakes and bends inwards at the first punch. It comes loose at the sides on the second. The third pierces it entirely, allowing Snowflake to just manually open it up.
Everyone goes through and...
Oh my.
Looks like you found it.
The generator is absolutely enormous. It has to be about 10 meters tall and 6 square meters. It's mushroom-shaped, and a constant purple-ish lightning seems to be zapping about on it.
Looking about, you can't even find a computer to fix this thing. The scientists are wearing rubber gloves and boots, but they can't  do a thing to the generator on their own. You are going to have to figure something out.
The scientists are beating on the generator while you think about what to do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: September 20, 2013, 01:38:06 pm »

mushroom-shaped

1up motherfuckers

Find something, anything on the ground that you can use to throw at the generator. Anything will do, a metal crate, a long pipe, or if that fails, throw a zombified scientist at it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3200 on: September 20, 2013, 02:00:17 pm »

Eat the mushroom to obtain the powerup.

JHYMERS

• Bay Watcher
  • Catchphrase!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: September 20, 2013, 02:58:04 pm »

Can TW influence the generator? Ask the scientists here (if they aren't dead yet) if the purple light show is dangerous and what would happen if something touched or approached it. Now that I think about it, could they have someone like TW, by that I mean another magic user who by choice or not is here? Perhaps said person can absorb or control the flow of magic.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: September 20, 2013, 03:16:33 pm »

Ask the scientists here

We're a canine.

(if they aren't dead yet)

We're Patient Zero.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: September 20, 2013, 03:22:08 pm »

>Zero: Lament lack of thumbs.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: September 20, 2013, 03:29:22 pm »

Have snowflake throw things.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3205 on: September 20, 2013, 05:51:53 pm »

Find cables to rip. Search behind wall panels or in junction boxes if necessary.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: September 20, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »

>Zero: Lament lack of thumbs.
+1
Find cables to rip. Search behind wall panels or in junction boxes if necessary.
+1, lets hope we (and Snowflake when he inevitably joins in) don't get electrocuted.

Give Snowflake gloves if we can find any that fit and don't impair him too much.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: September 22, 2013, 06:40:04 am »

You briefly lament your lack of opposable thumbs. Your anguish at not having the ability to pick things up effectively will haunt you for the rest of your wolf-life. Which is fortunately, probably not going to last long.
Good thing too, you look terrible.
Snowflake throws things after you tried( and failed) to throw a thing with your mouth. It gives it a few dents, but nothing special.
Next plan then, you gather up the boots of the scientists, making you look intensely silly when you wear then, and give a pair to Snowflake as well.

Chewing on cables is surprisingly fun, actually, no wonder all those critters do it! Snowflake is a lot quicker about it by ripping them off, but still. Almost everything is down, and most of the crackling has stopped.
Except there's one huge cable left, and it's on the ceiling. Snowflake, however, was kind enough to show some iniative, and throws you through the air.
Chewing on electric cables in the air should be an Olympic sport. It'd at least be a reason to watch the stupid things.
When it comes loose, the first thing that returns is your thumbs. It looks out of place and ugly compared to the rest of your body, but it's your thumbs!
You fall down, and break a leg. It fortunately fixes itself during the transformation back, so it doesn't matter.

After about 5 minutes, You are yourself again, albeit completely naked. So are TW and Diane. So, in short, it's a naked party of awkwardness and fanservice were this a comic or animated thing. Alas, here we stand, in literature, and a writer who won't even  describe the mammary glands of the two female party members.
Anyways, that was fun. What now?

I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: September 22, 2013, 06:57:32 am »

Why do we even have to wear clothes? I haven't seen a good apocalypse story with naked undead that aren't skeletons, actually, so let's just do that.

get the hell out of dodge

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3209 on: September 22, 2013, 07:58:56 am »

Finally gather our equipment. Hope nothing stops us this time.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 257