Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 313693 times)

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #3570 on: December 30, 2013, 04:00:33 am »

The long time before people replied, and one guy saying that he only popped back after the survivor died. Either way, playing as a survivor was only done to bridge the gap a bit during the long float to texas.
sorry. Just to lazy...
Re: You are the evo ape.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: December 30, 2013, 11:43:11 pm »

Oh well. I guess friendship is the answer here. I think we should talk in a calm soothing voice, talk to it about how it is being used and how this path of self destructive rage will only lead to the dark side sorrow and regret. Tell it that all it needs is a friend, a family and we're willing to be that family. Approach slowly, arm extended in a fist, assuring it it's OK, that it's safe now and everything's gonna be fine. Pet it slowly. Then give it a hug. Then bite it in its now exposed and in range neck, rip its fucking throat off, rip the chainguns from its sides giving one to Diane and blast our way through the rest of the facility. This is an obvious joke.
I know this is old, but can I sig?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: December 31, 2013, 06:59:42 pm »

Getting nonzombies on our side is useful in the longterm because it can snowball into actual support, particularly since we ARE fighting a (greater) evil... Might as well start with someone we saved from a violent "fellow" human. Even a bite-the-world campaign is a lot easier if people are at all unsure about our villain status.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: December 31, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »

Getting nonzombies on our side is useful in the longterm because it can snowball into actual support, particularly since we ARE fighting a (greater) evil... Might as well start with someone we saved from a violent "fellow" human. Even a bite-the-world campaign is a lot easier if people are at all unsure about our villain status.
Is that a +1?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3574 on: December 31, 2013, 08:37:58 pm »

Oh well. I guess friendship is the answer here. I think we should talk in a calm soothing voice, talk to it about how it is being used and how this path of self destructive rage will only lead to the dark side sorrow and regret. Tell it that all it needs is a friend, a family and we're willing to be that family. Approach slowly, arm extended in a fist, assuring it it's OK, that it's safe now and everything's gonna be fine. Pet it slowly. Then give it a hug. Then bite it in its now exposed and in range neck, rip its fucking throat off, rip the chainguns from its sides giving one to Diane and blast our way through the rest of the facility. This is an obvious joke.
Sure, why not?

On the discussion of killing the human, I think we need to also consider our image. We aren't honorable and we won't shy from using dishonorable tactics to win. BUT having an image of someone honorable, someone who will keep his word and not hurt civilians when he makes a promise will be useful if there is a need to negotiate.

Honor is like a resource. You do small honorable actions that don't cost you much to build your image and get people to trust you. And then, when they trust you enough to let you get close, you trade that accumulated honor for a good old stab in the back of someone important, use the opening they provided you to do something horrible that will give you victory when it seems impossible by conventional means.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: December 31, 2013, 09:18:40 pm »

Sure, why not?

On the discussion of killing the human, I think we need to also consider our image. We aren't honorable and we won't shy from using dishonorable tactics to win. BUT having an image of someone honorable, someone who will keep his word and not hurt civilians when he makes a promise will be useful if there is a need to negotiate.

Honor is like a resource. You do small honorable actions that don't cost you much to build your image and get people to trust you. And then, when they trust you enough to let you get close, you trade that accumulated honor for a good old stab in the back of someone important, use the opening they provided you to do something horrible that will give you victory when it seems impossible by conventional means.
I think we won't even need to be dishonorable if we play our cards right.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: January 02, 2014, 02:29:11 pm »

I actually just added her being save-able on a whim. That ended up with a multipage-discussion.
You guys are just wonderful.

You order TW to fetch some medical supplies for the lady, and clutch the wound to help stop is bleeding for the time being. When TW comes back, she gets to work on suturing the wound after a bit of medication.
This would be very easy to do, had the human not woke up in the middle of it. She was still in shock, and seeing the main zombie in front of her probably doesn't help her panic. You hold your hand over her mouth and keep her on the floor while Diane holds the legs, leaving TW able to fix up the wound. Some crying may have been involved, and you don't even notice screams at all anymore. You keep yourself busy on the moral implications of that when TW finishes it up by giving the girl a shot glass filled with whiskey.

Take it, you'll probably need it.
The girl quickly takes the glass, downs it and then calms down until she faints again.
Bit of a teetotaller, isn't she? Anyway, do you think she'll make it?
We'd best bandage that up, I think. It's still bleeding.
TW gets to work on that while Diane begins te typical line of questioning:
Why did you save this one?
On a whim, I suppose.
What'll you do with her after she wakes up?
We'll see.
Where do we put her?
I'll put her with Iris, she doesn't sleep in her kot anyway.
ROOMMATE!
How long have you been standing there?
A while.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: January 02, 2014, 03:02:13 pm »

Huh. So do we try and convert this chick to being our loyal servant? Could be an interesting challenge.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: January 02, 2014, 04:29:26 pm »

Whatever, she just got stabbed through the face, she cannot be a threat.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: January 02, 2014, 04:52:10 pm »

I think she'll be perfectly fine. This is why I think we should station guards at the door to her room in case she tries to kill us.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: January 02, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »

slap whoever gave TW whiskey

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: January 02, 2014, 08:17:29 pm »

Good idea. Also take away her whiskey until we have a proper base for that kind of entertainment.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: January 02, 2014, 09:05:38 pm »

Good idea. Also take away her whiskey until we have a proper base for that kind of entertainment.
I'm not sure it's wise to take her booze... She's already pretty upset with us, and I get the impression she's using the booze to cope with how evil she thinks we are.
Yeah, she probably has a drinking problem, but the first step is to address her concerns (either by convincing her we're not evil, or asking her for advice).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: January 02, 2014, 09:10:00 pm »

I'm not sure it's wise to take her booze... She's already pretty upset with us, and I get the impression she's using the booze to cope with how evil she thinks we are.
Yeah, she probably has a drinking problem, but the first step is to address her concerns (either by convincing her we're not evil, or asking her for advice).
I will second this opinion. Taking away the whiskey would be a bad move.
Next, hold a meeting. And I mean a proper meeting, where the specific purpose is to discuss plans for the future, not a half-hashed plan made up while trying to not die. We might as well utilise this conflict-free time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: January 02, 2014, 09:11:59 pm »

I will second this opinion. Taking away the whiskey would be a bad move.
Next, hold a meeting. And I mean a proper meeting, where the specific purpose is to discuss plans for the future, not a half-hashed plan made up while trying to not die. We might as well utilise this conflict-free time.
Good Idea. But still, maybe find a way to make sure she stays at just buzzed levels instead of full drunk.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 257