Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 310105 times)

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #3825 on: June 17, 2014, 02:54:42 pm »

After counting the horde again, it seems you are in need of more meat to throw at people. You lost a lot, even the bear!
So you're here with a small horde, ankle-deep in shit, and it probably doesn't take that much of a genious to figure out thatyou'rein the sewers at the moment.
Time to move.
Staying clean was bit of a shitty pipe dream, anyways.

When you finally figure you're far enough to safely surface again, the stench has reached the point of unbearable. At least the city is so old it has a sewer you can walk in.
You've still got a lot of poop on you, though, and zombies like sewer rats too much for their own good.
This was, the WORST DAY, to wear a fucking dress. Couldn't they at least give me a hospital gown, so I'm not the one feeling stupid?
You wont be surprising anything untill you clean off.
Also, TW's gone from "phasing", to just plain unconsious. The only strange thing is her somewhat heavy breathing and blushing face. She's quite close to an astmatic tomato in terms of comparisons.
The scientist, meanwhile, is awake, but non-responsive. He just keeps looking at his hands, sometimes to TW, but mostly he just silently follows.

You manage to get out, close to sea, allowing you to get back on the cruise-ship.
Except there's a military blockade at the entrance.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: June 17, 2014, 02:57:20 pm »

Well, that won't work, I suppose a trip to a small town may be workable? Somewhat at least.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3827 on: June 17, 2014, 07:41:46 pm »

At the entrance of the cruise ship or at the entrance of the dock?

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: June 17, 2014, 11:59:02 pm »

both. but the one at the ship is what you're seeing.
I think.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: June 21, 2014, 09:53:26 am »

You consider going to a small town, but that doesn't really apply to what you're going through at the moment. We've got military everywhere, and Iris is still on that ship.
You rack you brain trying to find out how you're going to get her, but suddenly you hear Iris screaming coming from the checkpoint at the boat entrance. You climb up from the pipe onto the ground to get a better look.
They put Iris in cage, and she does not appreciate it at all. Yelling, pulling on the bars... She's clearly terrified.
And Carley is right behind, saying something to her. You don't know what, but you're probably gonna kill her regardless.

They are bringing her to some sort of armored vehicle, but they do it rather slowly.
You can go save her, and you can go through a nearby warehouse to get close, but you need a way to take down the 20-something men lined upp at the entrance.
Most have machine guns, from the looks of it.
Of course, other attack routes are possible. But you need to act soon.
I think.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: June 21, 2014, 10:34:40 am »

What's the possibility of us ourselves getting behind the machine gun crew and then demonstrating the extent of our rage?

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: June 21, 2014, 01:31:43 pm »

Well, you've got little cover from the warehouse to there, but if you find some other way around it might work.
I think.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: June 21, 2014, 01:33:41 pm »

Could you describe the area in a little more detail then? Like, any alleys leading that way, sewer grates behind them, stuff like that?

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: June 22, 2014, 01:50:54 am »

Alright, so the military is standing in a bit of a line, and Iris's cage is about 20 meters away from the armored truck. The warehouse nearby allows you to get close (5 meters or so close). There's huge wooden boxes everywhere, as befitting lazy area design.
 You cannot see any sewer grates from where you're standing, but you could try to get to them by making some guesswork in the pipes you recently crawled out of. The cruise ship is also not too close for you to attempt to swim over to them, but they might have someone keeping watch.
There is also a tower of sorts quite a distance away, which might be scary due to snipers.
No guarantee, though.
I think.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: June 22, 2014, 08:51:53 am »

Aside from snipers is there anything scary on the way to the tower?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3835 on: June 22, 2014, 11:55:22 am »

We still have our rage, right?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: June 23, 2014, 11:19:23 pm »

We still outnumber them, right? Maybe if we send our toughest guys out from the warehouse we can flank them down the other approaches. Those boxes might let us to move the rest of our troops closer to them. That tower may be an issue, and reinforcements probably aren't far, so we need to make this happen pretty fast. The armored vehicle could be an issue if it's armed, but it is unlikely to be a problem otherwise unless they can get Iris in there before we stop them.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: June 24, 2014, 12:58:25 am »

Well, my thinking was to take out snipers in the tower and replace them with spitters to rain hell on the soldiers, then we use the confusion as an oppportunity to rage and take back our weird dog girl thing.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: June 27, 2014, 05:07:37 am »

You send the spitters to the tower by going along the waterside, and order Snowflake to push the largest crate around to get some moving cover. The spitter will need some time to set up, but Snowflake and the rest can do their charge right now.
The plan goes alright, mostly. The surprise of a giant crate of doom moving towards you tends to make the reaction time a bit slow, so you can get right up in their faces and activate your rage.
You start it off by punching a mans face hard enough to make a huge indentation in the skull. It's a bit like a bad Bollywood fighting film, except notable more gruesome.
The rest of your horde does what it can, but now the surprise has worn off, so you deal with some casualties. still, you and Snowflake tear through the military like a superheated knife through butter.

Bullets hit you, certainly, but you don't care overmuch. You en dup using a soldier's body as a sort of shield and battering ram to get to Iris and Carly. You shoot out the lock, leading Iris to jump out and do a four-legged sprint to the warehouse you attacked from.
The fight is just about over, and most of the survivors are getting in the armored vehicle. You manage to get in there by a clever throw from Snowflake and basically eviscerate the remaining soldiers by beating them to death with their friends.
The vehicle still manages to drive away, and you jump out as you cannot reach the driver anyways.

When the battle is over, you take a sit-down, calm down, and start realising a few things.
One: The soldier battering ram you were using is too heavy now.
Two:You have a lot of blood in you. Well, used to.
Three: There were no snipers in that tower, but it's still a good spot for them.
Iris is still in the warehouse, and Carly is held against the wall by Diane. You feel a bit tired and woozy, but you'll be fine enough to make some decisions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: July 01, 2014, 05:31:34 am »

As there hasn't been a reply in a bit, and I have been feeling the following thought for a long while now, I think it might be time to close the curtains on this long-ass game.
It's been a real fun time to make this, and I'm happy to say I did get better at writing. Thank you for your viewings and comments.
On a brighter note, I'm writing down some worldbuilding stuff for an upcoming dark fantasy shindig I'll be startin soon. It'll probably take a while for it to start, but I hope it'll be fun when it does.
Also the zombies spontaniously explode due to their world doing the same.
The only survivor of the while ordeal is now Benny, ain't that a bitch.
I think.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257