Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 310102 times)

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
You are Patient Zero
« on: January 30, 2012, 02:25:34 pm »

Yep, another zombie thingie.
This is the first time i have ever written anything like this so expect very sloppy storytelling. If possible i would like hints on how to write a good story.

Alright. First things first: Creating your poor infected idiot and how he got infected. I will create the stats based on what is requested. For example if you pick a bodybuilder he will have a good amount of hp and strength but will be lacking in speed. Plus he will be more noticeable.

So, Let the likely crappyness commence!

EDIT:
this is a quick reminder to the new readers of this thing. Right, listen up.
Early on it might be almost painful to read this but it really does get better. Just bear with me for a good 15-ish pages.
Around then it gets better. This is my first attempt at creating a story EVER and i make everything up on the fly. You will just have to ignore the plot holes and the copious sentence building errors.
It also changes surrounding how this game/story works. Combat and the likes.
Thank you for trying to read this smut. and if you have criticism please tell. I strive to improve my writing skills. Criticism is necessary for that.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:46:13 pm by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:40:36 pm »

Give us a backround story and some premises and then we can get started. Its hard to create someone if we dont have anything to go on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:42:18 pm »

We are >insert aweshum name haer<

Working at >insert awshum scenario haer<

THEN SUDDENLY ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE.

I would like hints on how to write a good story.

Like that :P

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:57:37 pm »

You are Daniel Creed, coroner. Upon dissecting a corpse which showed signs of rabies and some kind of parasite ( it looked like a fox tapeworm, although somehow...unsettling) you got infected with something. You was just about to remove his liver when one of those tapeworms managed to bite you through your latex gloves. You went unconscious. Your colleague, found you without a pulse. The poor bastard inspected the corpse and fared the same destiny as you, although you were somehow different. He awoke before you and began stumbling outside, mindlessly raging, trying to kill everything around him. 3 or 4 hours after him you came back to consciousness oblivious to what happened, except for that ravenous hunger for...meat. You were still in control although something was tugging at your mind, fighting with you over it. Maybe this first parasite was weaker or something but you got it under control, however your colleague was not as lucky...

Name: Daniel Creed
Job: Coroner
Kind of Infection: a double strain: one viral and one parasitic, however living in symbiosis
Strain: you got the parasitic one, your collrague (the mindless raging beast rampaging through the hospital) the viral...

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 03:00:08 pm »

The idea is that The people would create a basis of a backstory.
I should have been a lot more clearer about that. sorry.
Anyway i'll get some basics there though.

The virus was created when chemical #689 and #598 got combined together.(Up to you how, in a sewer or in a lab or any other zany thing you can come up with) Your character is an average joe(Up to you to for how he looks) Based on how the chemicals got combined i will say what he/she was. Test subject, hobo, Scientist, Security guard Lots of possibilities. As a final thing, You are going to be smarter then the other zombies you will create. The other guys will be slow,stupid and hard to kill. What kind of zombie you will be will become more apparent the more you level up. You will start as slow though.

hopefully that will do. Please, if there is any other problem just say it and i'll try to fix it.

EDIT: Ghazkull has the right idea giving me a character,job and story. If preferred i will start with Ghazkull's beginning instead of what i'll come up with.
I think.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 03:07:02 pm »

If you're not too confident on your writing skills, you could turn this into a literal suggestion game, driven by mad forumite plots and what nots :P

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 03:11:21 pm »

I'm fairly certain it will get better over time.
As i said, first time so i don't know if i'm dreadfull or somewhat decent.
I think.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 12:46:17 pm »

Alright. i will use Ghazkull's general idea.

Well, life has finally started looking up. You lost all contact with your friends and family and lost your job. But you found a job again.
You a job at the hospital. Coroner isn't the most glamerous job but hey, somebody has to it.
Anyway, Your first job was a weird one already. Some patient who showed up at the hospital puked his guts(His literal guts) out in the lobby. Thankfully it happened when there weren't a lot of people there. Looking through what's left of the intestines you find some sort of worm.
Great, And here i was thinking that it couldn't get any more disgusting.
You attempt to grab the worm but it suddenly bites you right through the gloves! The wound is not too deep but it bleeds all the same. Remembering the horror stories you heard from some doctors about not cleaning wounds when mucking around in a corpse,you go to the bathroom to clean and disinfect the wound before going back to work.
The rest of the day ended without incident,Except for a minor headache. By the time you arrive in your apartment though, The headache gets worse and you get an upset stomach. You decide to in order to go to sleep with a bucket next to the bed. Tomorrow it'll all be better. You hope.

Right,now that we started this i'll make some things clearer
The colored letters will the thoughts of your character and what other people have to say.
Your stats:
Health: 7/10
Energy 4/20
Hunger 18/20(The lower it is how hungrier you are)

More stats will come after your zombiefication
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:14:22 pm by Kitten Snot »
I think.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 01:53:26 pm »

The EVIL FREAKING WORM bites the coroner in the right middle finger, tearing the skin through the thick gloves!

>Visit local doctor... Or at least try to go home first.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 03:40:13 pm »

well, sleep for the night, after eating, try to keep the contents of your stomach in your stomach.
also, that headache can't be too severe, can it? it'll probably go away with paracetamol.
>take paracetamol
>eat food
>keep food in stomach
>sleep.
in that order.
that.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 01:36:27 am »

Instead of waiting for it to blow over you just take some paracetamol and decide to just eat a little bit.
You take the medicine and make a sandwich after that. The headache does not seem to subside after an hour. In fact, it just seemed to get worse!
Hoping it will be over by tomorrow you drag yourself to the bed and attempt to sleep.

When you wake up tomorrow your headache is gone. what remains is the stomach issues .
Though it's less "feels like I'm going to throw up" and more " feels like i haven't eaten in a year".
Shuffling towards the kitchen you violently vomit blood at the door. You feel like you should care but you're just... too hungry. You open the fridge and eat a sausage then what remained of the ham. You eventually empty the entire fridge.
Still you don't feel satisfied. Then your next door neighbor starts knocking on the door screaming about the blood that's seeping through and if I'm alright.

What do you do.

If you hadn't taken that paracetamol you would had enough time to go to work before succumbing. It thins the blood ya know.

Stats:
 Health: 9/10
 Energy: 3/20
 Hunger: 1/20(Hunger will affect how clearly you think)
 Mutations:none
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:16:22 pm by Kitten Snot »
I think.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 03:13:08 am »

Try to convince our neighbor that he'd be better off not resisting the transition from living to food.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:55:05 am »

Tell neighborer that you don't feel well and are very hungry. Ask them to bring you some food.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 09:16:33 am »

Your speech is a bit stunted at this low amount of hunger.
You would mainly be able to open the door or groan a bit. You can't really form a lot of words right now.

Also just saying you feel kinda sick and hungry won't really seem believable. There is a large blood pool seeping under the door ya know.
I think.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 09:21:09 am »

Consider cannibalism. if it seems like the best idea, grab a sharp knife, if not, open the door, point to the blood, and point to your mouth. If need be, point to your stomach too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 257