Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 313694 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #3585 on: January 02, 2014, 09:53:44 pm »

slap whoever gave TW whiskey
Good idea. Also take away her whiskey until we have a proper base for that kind of entertainment.
I'm not sure it's wise to take her booze... She's already pretty upset with us, and I get the impression she's using the booze to cope with how evil she thinks we are.
Yeah, she probably has a drinking problem, but the first step is to address her concerns (either by convincing her we're not evil, or asking her for advice).
I will second this opinion. Taking away the whiskey would be a bad move.
Next, hold a meeting. And I mean a proper meeting, where the specific purpose is to discuss plans for the future, not a half-hashed plan made up while trying to not die. We might as well utilise this conflict-free time.
Good Idea. But still, maybe find a way to make sure she stays at just buzzed levels instead of full drunk.
Agreed, beyond a human farm, maybe cult, and immortal empire, we have much to properly discuss, and hearing the other's plans for after we destroy Mercer's lot might help.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: January 03, 2014, 04:47:17 pm »

slap whoever gave TW whiskey
Good idea. Also take away her whiskey until we have a proper base for that kind of entertainment.
I'm not sure it's wise to take her booze... She's already pretty upset with us, and I get the impression she's using the booze to cope with how evil she thinks we are.
Yeah, she probably has a drinking problem, but the first step is to address her concerns (either by convincing her we're not evil, or asking her for advice).
I will second this opinion. Taking away the whiskey would be a bad move.
Next, hold a meeting. And I mean a proper meeting, where the specific purpose is to discuss plans for the future, not a half-hashed plan made up while trying to not die. We might as well utilise this conflict-free time.
Good Idea. But still, maybe find a way to make sure she stays at just buzzed levels instead of full drunk.
Agreed, beyond a human farm, maybe cult, and immortal empire, we have much to properly discuss, and hearing the other's plans for after we destroy Mercer's lot might help.
Whoa what? Where did a proto-shoggoth come into this? Mercer is not even mentioned.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: January 03, 2014, 05:08:13 pm »

Dr Mercer, the scientist, runs/works for the company that wants us dead, we are attacking the companies bases, assumed we were aiming to destroy them before they destroy us, and stop his groups experiments.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:11:19 pm by Cain12 »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: January 04, 2014, 05:52:54 pm »

Dr Mercer, the scientist, runs/works for the company that wants us dead, we are attacking the companies bases, assumed we were aiming to destroy them before they destroy us, and stop his groups experiments.
Oh. Let's just hope his first name isn't alex, otherwise we are toast.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: January 04, 2014, 06:00:07 pm »

Not if we evolve the virus to a state where we can absorb HIM!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: January 05, 2014, 02:18:42 pm »

Not if we evolve the virus to a state where we can absorb HIM!
We are not a black marine. And quite frankly, if that's the case, we don't need to run from anything, and can just walk into a military base and kill everything.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: January 05, 2014, 02:46:31 pm »

If we somehow recruit a black marine and then turn him with a worm does that mean we just coast on him to victory?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: January 05, 2014, 05:22:03 pm »

Well, old and crappy as that game was, thanks for telling me that.

Well if he had that kind of power, why would he/she even work for us? Would just consume us and move on, least I think he/she wouldn't think twice about doing so to the man who made him/her.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: January 05, 2014, 07:25:17 pm »

Well, old and crappy as that game was, thanks for telling me that.

Well if he had that kind of power, why would he/she even work for us? Would just consume us and move on, least I think he/she wouldn't think twice about doing so to the man who made him/her.
Given he made himself, yeah. And as a viral biomass lump was disgusted by his own creators actions. But we would probably just get nommed. Especially TW.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: January 05, 2014, 08:39:17 pm »

I am assuming TW hasn't done anything to lose my sympathy while I was gone so I'm going to say if he noms her I would find some way to make him die slowly. Disregard that if she's done something to lose my sympathy.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:02 am »

She feels like we're using her for evil and she's drinking a lot (in order to cope with that), she still has my sympathy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: January 06, 2014, 11:34:20 am »

Its more we nearly ate her and tried to eat Iris. That and she believes, quite correctly, that we are an evil monster.

Last we checked she was perfectly willing to kill us if we become a problem.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: January 06, 2014, 12:19:03 pm »

So yeah, that's why we need a meeting. To actually get straight what it is that everybody wants and what their common goals are.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: January 06, 2014, 01:05:32 pm »

Its more we nearly ate her and tried to eat Iris. That and she believes, quite correctly, that we are an evil monster.

Last we checked she was perfectly willing to kill us if we become a problem.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pretty much this.  I'm pretty sure she would kill us for our crimes except that she'd be alone.  I assumed she also wanted Small Horse destroyed, but rereading what you quoted... She might actually have some sympathy for them?  And we recently learned that some of their leaders may be seeking good ends with evil means.

Still, I think TW's concerns can be talked out.  Diane can explain that being a superpowered zombie isn't that bad, and we can point out that older zombies like Snowflake are regaining their humanity.  Sure, we're using a *lot* of violence, but we're still humane compared to Small Horse and their "experiments".  Violence is brief, zombie utopia is forever!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:38 pm »

I am assuming TW hasn't done anything to lose my sympathy while I was gone so I'm going to say if he noms her I would find some way to make him die slowly. Disregard that if she's done something to lose my sympathy.
If we can kill or even torture mercer, then we will not need her. Have you played prototype?
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 257