Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Charcoal not found  (Read 66251 times)

Senso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://lendemaindeveille.com
Charcoal not found
« on: September 11, 2006, 07:49:00 am »

I have two pieces of charcoal in a barrel, on a Bar/Block stockpile. I also have 3 charcoal pieces that are on a designated Bar/Block stockpile (or not, removing the stockpile does not fix the problem.)

All smelting or forging jobs get cancelled because "charcoal or coke" is needed. There are no other jobs "reserving" these pieces and so far I've been able to make 2 copper bars before I started to get these messages.

Any idea?
I'm using version v0.21.104.21a.

Satyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Charcoal not found
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 11:29:00 am »

Have you really checked all "store in bin" jobs on the jobs screen whether one of them reserves the charcoal pieces ( [v] key)? Because how the storing mechanism currently works there *should* be a job that tries to put the "free" blocks in a bin, even if they are allready on a stockpile.
The blocks inside the bin not being recognized is a bit strange. Has the bin perhaps been encrusted with gems or is it a masterpiece? I think there have been some reports of trouble with recognition of those "improved" bins/barrels.

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 05:27:18 am »

The post is quite archaic, but it's just the same bug I have experienced recently with v0.31.14.
I was starting metal industry: ordered burning some charcoal from wood and it got piled into a bin at respective pile (together with two bauxite blocks).
Despite there were three blocks in bin, smelter continued showing "Check access...". Only after disabling the pile and burning one more piece charcoal, that stayed at wood burner, smelter menu unblocked and I could continue.
This is a bug.

I would be glad to get any response!

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 04:30:07 pm »

Three BLOCKS? Blocks can't be used for anything but construction.

Did you mean three charcoal units? Smelters occasionally lose track of what they have access to. The easy way to just go ahead and get to the next step is to schedule the job through the Manager. For instance--- making pig iron. It will often vanish from the Smelter menu. Just go to the manager screen, and order however many units of pig iron you want made. Happens occasionally with steel bars as well.

There is also one thing to remember--- if dwarves are using that charcoal for any reason, like MOVING it between bins (to put them all in the same bin, for instance), it will be inaccessible during that time.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 09:05:44 am »

Three BLOCKS? Blocks can't be used for anything but construction.

Did you mean three charcoal units?
Three UNITS? That's not nearly enough! Did you mean three charcoal bars?

Also, yeah. Items being or scheduled for moving are TSK'd, and cannot be used. View the items in question and see if there is a blue TSK next to them.

Duriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 12:58:50 pm »

I've noticed that if a smelter is part of a burrow, then the required materials must be in the burrow as well. Otherwise the game thinks there is no access the required items.
An invisible lurker.

I have a YouTube channel!

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 11:22:42 pm »

I've noticed that if a smelter is part of a burrow, then the required materials must be in the burrow as well. Otherwise the game thinks there is no access the required items.

That should NOT matter unless a dwarf is assigned to one burrow and not to another.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 07:10:56 pm »

That should NOT matter unless a dwarf is assigned to one burrow and not to another.
Well, evidently it does. BTW, congrats on a second thread necromancy...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

portaldruid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 10:54:27 pm »

stockpiling is not a good idea, try something else....

agvokure448888

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 06:20:10 am »

ordered burning some charcoal from wood and it got piled into a bin at respective pile

stool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 06:18:23 am »

EDIT(delete) wait what? the post i replied to vanished when i finished writing -.-.
bumping was not the intention, but replying to a fresh member unfamiliar with the bug section rules.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:22:35 am by stool »

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 03:57:54 pm »

Braaaaains! necro. ;)

Bins can hide items for some workshop tasks.

Solution to this BAR_NOT_FOUND issue is to create some small stockpiles that only accept coal or bars and disable the bins in them, then set them to take from a large bar-stockpile with maximum bins.
Works best if located close to the workshops that are supplied.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 05:50:56 pm »

since this is already at the top...
O.o this is like, the most necro'd thread I've ever seen. And some of the necromancy happened before necromancers were even implemented...
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19:48 am »

This thread just wont die.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 02:12:26 am »

I for one will worship our new zombie overlord.  :-*
Pages: [1] 2 3