Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Charcoal not found  (Read 66248 times)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Charcoal not found
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 12:42:50 am »

Oh thread, how many ways do I necro you? Let me count the ways...

BirdBrainf4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 08:11:10 am »

What is everyone's obsession with people necroing a thread?  I thought the old threads were there to be reused...perhaps we should just all make new threads on old topics?   ;D  Nothing like a forum filled with new posts on the same old stuff...

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 02:17:19 am »

This thread just wont die.

That's because the bin bugs remain. I am having this exact same problem with bins and leather, bins and ammo, etc.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 11:59:52 pm »

Happening to me now, 40.04. All the stuff is in the same burrow. When I mess up the stockpile settings, they'll pull coal from the new pile for a while, but then they'll stop.

@fractalman, necromancers are older than you think.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 02:22:49 pm »

*the Proudnerd gestures*
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 03:44:30 am »

Error 40451: Charcoal Not Found.

Also, anyone actually bothered to Mantis this? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 06:31:50 am »

Wow I was 23 when this thread was created.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 10:18:24 am »

[Necroposting Intensifies]
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 01:37:06 pm »

Wow I was 23 when this thread was created.
Get off my lawn.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 02:44:52 am »

zdrgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 07:53:24 pm »

Forgive my feeding this necro, but in an attempt to bury this thread that must be well search indexed for a common problem that exists in various forms to this day. I will provide the solution to the bin problem, which somehow has been overlooked for 9 years in favor of trolling necrotic replies.  Excluding: Areyar who while necroing also provided a solution.

Problem: Charcoal in bins can't be used by smelters
Solution: Don't put them in bins.  Make sure the only stockpiles that accept charcoal(bars - other - Coal) don't allow bins.
To elegantly do so in the current version, use an input stockpile(3-6 tiles) > hauling route + mincart stop > output single tile Quantam stockpile.

My Setup in 40.24:
Workshops&Q-piles
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ore Q-pile settings
Q-pile contents(under yellow X)

Explanation text for above images:

For completeness here are the lavatubes for the magma shops and woodpiles 1z below.
And the masterworks(steel, silver, adamantine & an artifact copper shield) sitting 2z's above.

My only complaints about my own setup: ores from one side of map always end up in the closer of the ore piles.. so smelters walk into the adjecent complex to get what they need.
My next fort will have only one of each type of Q-Pile feeding 2 workshops each.

TL(DR)ButReadAnywayBONUS TIP: No more Useless Ring/Amulet/Toy etc. Artifacts!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 08:53:01 am »

I've never had this problem...
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

JustMercy1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 08:50:46 pm »

So the above solution is pretty complex. Could someone please suggest an easy fix because my smelting/metalcrafting has died a horrid death due to this bug? Do we just not build bins or what? :\

I have loads of charcoal in bins in stockpiles next to my workshops. Why won't they grab the charcoal? WHY!?

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 04:00:38 pm »

So the above solution is pretty complex. Could someone please suggest an easy fix because my smelting/metalcrafting has died a horrid death due to this bug? Do we just not build bins or what? :\

I have loads of charcoal in bins in stockpiles next to my workshops. Why won't they grab the charcoal? WHY!?
Quantum stockpiles are probably the easiest thing in the world to set up. All it takes is one Bin stockpile, a track stop, a minecart and another 1x1 Bin stockpile to hold everything. If you really don't want to effort of building one extra stockpile, then yes, don't use bins for things you suspect will trigger this bug (lye buckets, for example.)
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

JustMercy1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2015, 10:10:22 pm »

The presence of absence of bin-bugs is not clear at this point.  There were some, in older releases, for certain items.  I don't know if there still are, or if the older bugs affected coal specifically.

THE BIN BUGS ARE REAL, I'VE SEEN THEM WITH MY OWN EYES! ;-;

You'll never convince me that they're a figment of my imagination! Never ever!

He was but a dwarf, yet he faced the terror itself!

Passing by the dusty coal bins, Cog was unnerved. He had heard about the strange, unexplained deaths that came down upon the dwarfs assigned hauling duty. Such troubles had never concerned him, since he had always assumed himself unfit for the task. Scrawny and underwhelming, with a small frame and scraggly beard, Cog was certainly not the shining alpha dwarf depicted in legends and tales. He made a simple living copying the writing of his superiors, the talented and privileged class of scholar. He had given up understanding the work years ago. Now, he performed admirably as a biological printing press, churning out hundreds of quires filled to the brim with advanced mathematical concepts, philosophical theses and mechanical diagrams. When the manager called to him, he expected a promotion or praise or at least something to give purpose to his mindless scribbling. He was instead told to haul coal to the smelters - a peasants job!

He brooded. Then, he saw the brood. A strange, brown, silky pod attached to the side of a cherry wood bin. "What is this?," Cog thought. He reached out, only to recoil as the pod burst and a torrent of shiny, scrabbling insects clouded the air in front of him. The bugs, who's only purpose was to consume, reproduce, consume, and reproduce, set upon Cog.

As the flesh of his skinny legs disappeared before his very eyes, Cog felt not horror but relief. He would serve a purpose, the other dwarfs would find his skeleton and the newly spawned eggs, and the mysterious hauler-killer would be revealed.

Little did he know, these bin-bugs consumed both flesh and bone.

Just going to leave this here... So the world knows the true horror of the bin bugs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3