Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Write THIS!  (Read 599 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Write THIS!
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:34:01 pm »

So I've been trying to get back into writing lately, because soccer is over and Academic (or as that one Seal God would say, Knowledge) Bowl isn't really providing the discipline and hilarious self-inflicted wounds that the most beautiful game provides (i.e. I'm horrible shit at soccer but I really enjoyed it). So, I had time to do stuff on the internet, like poke around TVTropes. and I found this (a year ago, but decided to bring it up now). It's probably the best thing that has ever happened to writing for me. Now, I feel like I should see what other people do with it. Generate some story. You can cherry pick, because the first 2 or 3 generally suck. step 2, write something loosely following those tropes. If you don't like a characterization trope, don't use it. It's more of an idea spring board. Religiously following a stupid one is also appreciated simply because you have something to laugh at, and, hey, you write different roles and have more experience, right? I'll post what I have on my desk top, but I have something that really went well on my laptop.

POST FORMAT I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH IT'LL GET UGLY
copy and paste the table you get, paste it in you post, get rid of whatever weirdness (bb code, ect) and then SPOILER your writing.

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
Re: Write THIS!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 08:53:59 pm »

Still have yet to write it, but my school is closed tomorrow so hopefully by then.

Setting:   Coolest Club Ever
Plot:   Kansas City Shuffle
Narrative Device:   Human Shield
Hero:   Hero with an F in Good
Villain:   Living Shadow
Character As Device:   The Scrounger
Characterization Device:   Dark and Troubled Past
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:46:13 pm by LuckyNinja »
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 12:25:01 pm »

Just wasted half a day on TVtropes due to this thread. I tried to make a story but the generations I got were too random to do anything useful with. :(

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:52:12 pm »

I'll keep this in mind if I can use it for my creative writing class. I'll post the result here.

Just wasted half a day on TVtropes due to this thread.

I have to make a Will save every time I see a link to TVtropes. I swear they use magic or something to get people to stay on their site so long.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.