Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 320172 times)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 19: Holy Updates, TCM!)
« Reply #1155 on: September 07, 2012, 04:50:37 pm »

Waitlist! (I realize he may not be fictional, but I feel he qualifies due to awesomeness.)

Character Sheet:

Name: Simo Häyhä
Class Type: Sniper Soldier
+2 Precision
+1 Stealth
+1 Endurance

-1 agility
-1 Strength
May attract Russian counter-sniper squads.

Amazingly accurate with both a Mosin Nagant and Suomi KP/31 9mm SMG.

Description: With around 542 confirmed kills with the Mosin Nagant, around 150 with the Suomi KP/31 9mm SMG as a Finnish soldier in the Winter War, he was a farmer and amazing sniper. He WAS just following orders.

Equipment: Suomi KP/31 9mm, Mosin Nagant, white camoflauge.

I tried to keep it balanced.
Seems fine by me, also his face is hilarious.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 08, 2012, 02:45:53 pm »

So guys, I've downloaded a bunch of different browsers trying to post this turn.

Opera and Firefox keep crashing.

Google Chrome works but I can't increase the size of the post box to make it easier to manage big posts.

Any suggestions?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 08, 2012, 02:47:52 pm »

So guys, I've downloaded a bunch of different browsers trying to post this turn.

Google Chrome works but I can't increase the size of the post box to make it easier to manage big posts.

Any suggestions?
Install Gentoo. I have no clue.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 06:06:13 pm by Spinal_Taper »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 08, 2012, 05:40:31 pm »

Any suggestions?

Write the post on google docs or Microsoft word, then copy and paste into the post box. Then all you have to do is fill in the colors.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 08, 2012, 07:12:56 pm »

Name: Simo Häyhä
Class Type: Sniper Soldier
+2 Precision
+1 Stealth
+1 Endurance

-1 agility
-1 Strength
May attract Russian counter-sniper squads.

Amazingly accurate with both a Mosin Nagant and Suomi KP/31 9mm SMG.

Description: With around 542 confirmed kills with the Mosin Nagant, around 150 with the Suomi KP/31 9mm SMG as a Finnish soldier in the Winter War, he was a farmer and amazing sniper. He WAS just following orders.

Equipment: Suomi KP/31 9mm, Mosin Nagant, white camoflauge.

I tried to keep it balanced.

Name: Eragon
Class Type: Dragon Rider
+1 Magic
+2 Fineness

Telepathic (Non magical)

Magic Drain: Whenever Eragon uses magic, he takes a -1 penalty to all rolls next turn

Store Energy: Eragon may opt to take a -1 penalty on his next turn to create an Energy Reserve. A Reserve may be used to: a) negate the -1 penalty for using magic, or b) add +1 to his next magic roll. He cannot create more than one per turn, but may use them in any manner he wishes. There is no limit to the number of Energy Reserves Eragon may hold.

Eragon starts with 2 Energy Reserves.

Equipment:

Zaroc: a masterfully crafted elfish blade, both lightweight and strong.
Belt of Beloth the Wise: Required to store Energy.

As the last of the Dragon Riders*, Eragon is sworn to maintain peace throughout the land, wherever that land may be. His training, weapons, and innate abilities as a Rider have made him one of the greatest swordsmen in the history of Alagaesia.

*In Training

There we go! And since I read discussion on why the later, more recently made characters seem more developed than the older ones, it's because originally this wasn't going to be a serious game. You'd just run at Princess Celestia, she'd kill your ass, and the cycle would repeat for about 20 pages. It wasn't until a bit in that I decided this game would be a long-standing one.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Biscuitlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 08, 2012, 10:42:27 pm »

There we go! And since I read discussion on why the later, more recently made characters seem more developed than the older ones, it's because originally this wasn't going to be a serious game. You'd just run at Princess Celestia, she'd kill your ass, and the cycle would repeat for about 20 pages. It wasn't until a bit in that I decided this game would be a long-standing one.

And it became an awesomely awesome one

P.S.

Oh the Horror. It burns take it away AHHHHHHH That Movie it BUUUUUURNS

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 08, 2012, 10:48:01 pm »

P.S.

Oh the Horror. It burns take it away AHHHHHHH That Movie it BUUUUUURNS

Sorry, but the only images of Eragon are the movie version. Even if it did suck.

If you can find a better picture I'll replace it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 20: ARMOK and H.O.E.S.)
« Reply #1162 on: September 09, 2012, 03:04:17 pm »

Chapter 20: ARMOK and H.O.E.S.

Dexoys's flesh (?) sears from the burning attack, some his orange and green features turning a smoky black. Nonetheless, he stands firm and fires a blast of white light from his chestpiece. (4 Vs. 6) A wall of magic reflects the attack back at the Galatic Pokemon! (3 Vs. 6) He gets out of the way as the beam of light strikes the floor.

Gordon Freeman 2.0 tries out his Gravity Grenade trick again. He throws a live Fragmentation Grenade on the ground, picks it up with his Gravity Gun, and fires it at ARMOK. (1+1 Vs. 1) The grenade goes off a bit early, and a minimal amount of pieces hit the Bethemoth.

Twilight Sparkle fires all the magic power she's got at ARMOK. (6 Vs. 2) The flurry of magical blasts strike him hard. He lets out an Earth-shattering groan as all parts of his body are hit by tiny explosions of purple flare.

King Arthur, somewhat confused, tries to rally what looks like a battle. (1) "EEEEUUUUUGGGHHHHHH!" The King of England flails around on the ground.

Sun Tzu shoots at ARMOK'S balls. (4 Vs. 2) His balls being made of the souls of the damned makes it less painful. But still, ow.

Cyan Garamonde charges the Chaos King and swipes at him with a huge, enhanced SwordTech slash! (5+1 Vs. 3) The cut goes down from ARMOK'S left shoulder down to his right hip! Black material splashes the ground!

"~Yay~" (2) No one heard her.

Angel sprays his 60's SubMachine Guns at the Demon Lord. (3 Vs. 2) Bullets pepper the giant's body.

Delta shoots Rivets at ARMOK. (3 vs. 2) A rivet hits him in his torso!

ARMOK falls to the ground!

Pinkamena Diane Pie does her stuff. (4 Vs. 1)

*1 Hour Later*

Yay, Chaos Cupcakes!

Available Loots:

Knives
Steel Helmet
Steel Armor
Steel Warhammer
M16s
Katanas
Body Armor
Teddy's Rifle
Teddy's Pistol
Teddy's Knife

ToadyOne's Legendary Longbow

Spoiler: Heroes of Equestria (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 03:06:49 pm by TCM »

RTD

• Bay Watcher
  • Dedicated to Roll To Dodge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 09, 2012, 04:59:35 pm »

Deoxys takes the steel helmet - and maybe the steel armor if it dosen't weigh him down.
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...
One roll can change things around.

Roll To Dodge.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 09, 2012, 06:16:16 pm »

Twilight takes Teddy's stuff and puts them alongside RD's. She also puts on the armor.

Gotta keep the equipment of out companions. We're gonna have a bitching momerial when we are done.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 09, 2012, 06:46:07 pm »

Get Teddy's knife. Offer my companions a Chaos cupcake with a bloody smile.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 09, 2012, 07:38:46 pm »

The red glow of Delta's porthole shifts to amber as he hefts his new weapon and stands stationary, disregarding the pink creature and its dubious pastries.

Acquire the Warhammer.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 09, 2012, 08:44:36 pm »

Take the ToadyOne's longbow
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 09, 2012, 09:01:13 pm »

Deoxys takes the steel helmet - and maybe the steel armor if it dosen't weigh him down.
[...]She also puts on the armor.
Get the steel armor before these peasants do! Because they're being cheap!

"What in bloody blazes is going on here? What are you all and who is responsible for my being here?!"

Regain composure, and begin getting used to this alternate universe.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 09, 2012, 10:40:19 pm »

Sun Tzu eats a Chaos cupcake. "Because when life gives you cupcakes, you eat them, dumbass." he recites one of his favorite military quotes...Was it really part of the Art of War? And more importantly, who gave one single shit about it?

"LAST ONE TO GET TO THE PARTY IN THE GUTS PAYS FOR THE BOOZE! says Tzu, running towards the random piles of dwarven entrails strewn around while eating a cupcake.
Eat Chaos Cupcake, run around screaming and make an angel on dwarven entrails. Oh, and get a katana, just in case.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 162