Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 320272 times)

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Chapter 71: Turnabout)
« Reply #2265 on: September 29, 2013, 05:32:49 am »

Posting interest.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: October 08, 2013, 10:53:44 pm »

bamp
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: October 08, 2013, 11:02:48 pm »

Coincidentially, I wrote up a bit of this turn before the bump, but thanks anyways.

The next turn will feature a much more human, gray-on-gray take on the battle, as Ponies and Friends slaughtering millions of Confederate soldiers is a sensitive subject and must be treated as such.

And the next phase of the battle will be:
Spoiler: Read at your own risk. (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: October 08, 2013, 11:10:22 pm »

Grey on grey, huh?
Well, we have on our team:
An adventurer of the 'loot, pillage, run' variety
A ruthless businesspony that doesn't hesitate to cheat in competitions and manipulate the small minds of her hometown in order to mantain a monopoly
Al Capone
A narcissistic, partially insane, powerhungry magepony who throws asteroids at innocent guards for fun
The businesspony's thuggish enforcer
An Elder Scrolls character
An insane chef powered by mayonnaise and the blood of his foes capable of shattering rock with his voice
Badass Finnish sniper
Gary motherfucking Oak
and the one good guy on the team, a persona of King Arthur who also happens to be a girl.

Yeah, neither side is innocent in this fight, especially seeing as how our side has Cthulhu.
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: October 21, 2013, 12:32:23 am »

bamp.
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Chapter 72: Restoration )
« Reply #2270 on: October 28, 2013, 09:32:03 pm »

Chapter 72: Restoration

A blue moon loiters above in the starry night sky above a Virginian field. The grassy field was dotted with ubiquitous military tents, each flapping lightly in the silent breeze. From one of these tents, two young men emerge. Their gray uniforms cleaned and buttons, hats fastened to their skulls, boots strapped to their soles. They proceeded in a casual walk towards the enigmatic plantation house, two respective Enfield Rifles laying on each of their shoulders.

As they came upon the sight of the besieged home, one of the soldiers turned to his companion. "So Valdez? What's so damn important about this house that we can't flush 'em out? We got cannons, smokes, sky-birds. Hell, we could just burn it down and send them running."

The other soldiers shook his head dismissively. "You don't really know who we're up against do ya' Tommy? These are cream o' the crop H.O.E.S. we're talking 'bout. They've been up in the house for a week because ain't no one can stop them. These sons o' bitches don't destroy tanks, I heard they just eat em' or something. I'm being for real."

Tommy's reply only merited a shrug from Valdez. "Well, if they were so good at fightin', what the hell are have they been doin' for over a month?"

-Meanwhile: Inside the Cellar-

"That's only three left. Three plants dude. That's not going to last us much longer."

"Then go out and get some more, this botanical substance should not be hard to find. Praise Dagoth."

"Have you not noticed that there's swarms of grey-dudes surrounding this place at all times?"

"Get through them then. Praise Dagoth."

"Would you stop-"

"Praise Dagoth."

"FUCK-"

"PRAISE DAGOTH."

As the two magical entities argue about the dwindling supplies of marijuana in the cellar, another conversation goes on in a different corner.

"You cannot simply rush out into battle, even with weaponry of your caliber. The Soviets would have destroyed you."

"Shit, I dunno' bout' that in fact I think you're wrong on that end Eagle Eyes. I've been busting balls of blue boys before, badabing', ya' know."

"I know? Know what?"

"You know that...I've been with your moms in the sack, how bouts' it."

"My mother would never-"

"Well, maybe you should talk to her bout' it."

There's a sudden explosion of exchanged gunfire from one corner, but no one else notices, as they are preoccupied in finding ways to combat the dullness of their place. Take the ongoing wooing at the back of the cellar:

"Yo, warrior princess girl. Whatcha' reading?"

"I've procured this ancient text from the library of this homestead. I believe it may uncover vital information to aid me in my holy quest."

"Well, how about your holy quest to SUCK ON DEEZ' NUTS?!"

"....."

"HOW ABOUT I PUT MY EXCALIBUR IN YOUR HOLY GRAIL? AND BY THAT I MEAN PUT MY WANG IN YOUR BUTT."

"....."

"HAVE YOU EVER SWALLOWED A-"

"If you don't leave me alone, the only penetration that takes place will be Caliburn going through your vital organs."

"WHAT EVA' GIRL, YOU KNOW YOU STILL WANT THE 'D'. SMELL YA' LATER!"

A 48-inch High-Definition Plasma Television Screen lay at the center of the Cellar, relocated from the Living Room upstairs. Three equine sat in front of it, oblivious to their surroundings as they continued to be captivated by the events of Game of Thrones. Until they were interrupted.

"WASSUP' PONY GIRLS. TIME TO GET OUT YOUR SADDLES, BECAUSE I'M GETTING READY TO RIDE YOU BOTH."

Cue incessant pelvic thrusting.

"YOU READY FOR YOUR PLOT EXAMINATIONS? I'M DIVING IN THERE LIKE JACQUES COUSTEAU. LOOK AT THESE THIRSTY MARES, HOT BIRDS. EXCEPT THEY'RE HORSES, NOT ACTUAL BIRDS." 

No response.

"YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY: ONCE YOU GO HUMAN, YOU NEVER GO BACK TO NASTY STALLION DICKS."

That was finally enough to simultaneously elicit equine and fraternal rage from the red stallion. With mighty will, he chucked the television set at the offender, who was only able to dive out of the way thanks to his experience in having large objects thrown at him.

"NOOOOOOOOO!"

The excited nature of the Cellar died with the orange pony rushing over to the remains of her beloved television, holding aloft a set of ruined glass in anguished grief.

"Is this who we are? Wanting to buck each other so badly that we'd lose HBO and AMC? Jus' look at us. We're squabblin' over Mary Jane and some horny-business while we're bein' starved to death by some rednecks. This ain't why I left mah' farm, decidin' to risk my life out here on the front lines. Let me ask y'all, do you remember why you came out here in the first place?"

"....."

"Well shit, me neither, but I'll be damned if I die in fuckin' chicken-shit Virginia."

And for the first time in a month, a H.O.E. ascended out of the Cellar.

-Outside-

"...And that's why a vacuum cleaner can't be your girlfriend. And speaking of girlfriends, here comes one of them hoe' girls. Finally." The bored Confederate Company men suddenly stand erect when they see Applejack appear before them in the moonlight.

"You ready to give up?"

"BUY SOME APPLES!"
(2 vs. 5-1)
An over-thrown Fragmentation Grenade explodes in mid-air, doing no harm to anyone, but it does provoke reaction from the Confederates.
(1 vs. 5-1)
Applejack is able to flee back into the shelter of the Cellar as the Company panics; bullets fire in every direction and men run straight into one another.

In the initial panic of the battle, the H.O.E.S. are able to rush back into the higher levels of the plantation and retake battle positions.

Simo Hayha takes his post upstairs by the windows. He wastes no time in aiming his rifles down at the Confederate Cannon below.
(5 vs. 4)
One soldier is struck right through the chest, immediately killing him. The rest rush for cover, but not before the White Death is able to plug another victim through the back with a spinal-tap via bullet.

"You shall not pass! I am she who defeated Discord himself! The Changeling Queen begged and bowed at my feet and I am the Equestrian heir apparent! All who stand in my way shall die!" Twilight Sparkle emits a magical spark through the air.
(2 vs. 6-1)
A spontaneous wall of flame appears! And then dissipates quickly.
(3-1 vs. 6)
The Confederate Company respond to the mysterious display of magical pyrotechnics by shooting the house ineffectually.

"Ha-hah! Silly confederate n'wah! You cannot stand against the assembled power of the Chimer!" Dagoth Ur prepares a Present from the House of Dagoth!
(3 vs. 5)
Dagoth accidentally casts 'Summon Nihilistic Soldier'!
Nihilistic Soldier joins the fray!
(4-1 vs. 5)
The Confederate Company's responding rifle fire misses Dagoth, but hits his summon!
"Ow. Looks like I'm going to die. Who cares. I'm dead."
Nihilistic Soldier has died!

"So hard to get good help around here."
Pasta Wizard casts 'Pasta Bandages'.
(5)
The noodly bandages cometh forth.
(5)
Spaghetti Elemental joins the fray!
"Here are the bandages. Give them to anyone who's hurt, okay?"
The wizard hands off his medical devices as he ducks for cover. Drawing out his Spaghetti Spear, he notices Sweeper No. 2 attempting to sneak in through the front door.
(4 vs. 2-1)
In a tactical move that would make Shaka Zulu proud, the wizard springs out of the shadows onto the unassuming Sweeper, plunging the sharpened shaft of his spaghetti spear straight through his spatial sensibility, or in layman's terms, stabbed him in the chest. The confederate drops his Shotgun, attempting to halt the spear from protruding into him any further. The magician simply drives it forward a small bit and then tugs it back out completely, letting the sweeper sink to the ground in a puddle of his own fluid.

Altria Pendragon walks through the home, pondering the first steps she took into her present situation. As soon as she arrived, the siege had began, and she was held in the house for weeks with the talking horses and men who constantly babbled about nonsense like firearms and mayonnaise, save for the boy who wooed after her. Everyone knew the Quest for the Holy Grail would be the hardest ever taken, but no one had mentioned to her about it being so bizarre. She opened the door to the Cellar storage-room, where the Hostages were kept.

"We heard gunfire. What's going on?"

"The battle has resumed, stay put. We'll have the situation under control soon enough...I dearly hope so, anyways..."

Swedish Chef eats mayonnaise. "GOOD. NOW IT IS TIME FOR THE KILLING." The chef runs out of the Cellar screaming at his enemies.
(5 vs. 3)
"FUS RO DAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHACHEFTIMEISBESTTIME!"
The shockwave that hits the first batch of the second Confederate Company simply shatters every bone and muscle in their bodies, while the aftershock tosses others into the sky, rocketing them away.
The remaining company-men run for cover.
"Valdez, I think I believe yah' now!"
"Shut up and focus!"

Al Capone searches for the sweeper, both machine-guns in tow, until he comes across his body lying beneath the Pasta Wizard. Capone kicks the prone sweeper in the head, "Ah', for good measure."

"BLASTOISE! USE THAT WATER BLAST SHIT!"
(1 vs. 3)
Gary Motherfucking Oak miscalculates the distance between his Blastoise and the Confederate Cannon, the result being that the ground next to them gets completely soaked, while they are subjected to a light mist.
(6 vs. 3)
Reactive cannon fire hits Gary's left leg, removing it below the knee.

The Confederate Company presses their fire onto The Swedish Chef, though the soldiers quickly exhaust their ammunition reserves in the process.
"Val, I'm all out. All of us are."
"There's no way outta' this one. Somethin's gotta' change. We gotta' do it."
"You mean-"
"Yeah. All of us."
The two of them simultaneously roared out, "SHUT UP AND TOUCH THE MONKEY! With the exclamation of the Confederate battle cry reverberating through the sky, every last man in the company was suddenly seized with a fervor to charge at the Chef with their rifle bayonets.
(1-1 vs. 4)
Not that it did any good.
(1-1 vs. 5)
"No thank you. Bye." The swede sees the oncoming attack and runs into the Cellar, locking the door behind him.

While the Confederate Cannon did manage to land a disabling shot on one target, their focus was not paid to the Elite Kingston S.W.A.T. Team coming from behind them.
(1 vs. 4)
"Hey guys, look at em'." The above was true except for one keen soldier who noted the armored men crawling out of the brush towards the cannon.
(3 vs. 4)
The cannoners pulled out their side-arms and blasted the S.W.A.T. Team, the latter of whom fired back. In the firefight, no shots were actually landed.

The Confederate Company charged up to the Cellar door, bashing it down with their rifles acting as improvised clubs. The wood eventually gave way, and shattered, only for the soldiers to be standing in front of the mighty Automated Turret.
(3 vs. 2-1)
The whole company was slaughtered, unsuspecting of the future killing technology that ambushed them. Rows and rows of them were shot through, falling down the stairs until the Cellar floor soon became soiled with bodies. The few that made it out retreated.
"Shit V, I don't know what we gon' do!"
"JUST SHUT UP! I'M THINKING!"

The Confederate Cannon squad fired at the Jamaican policemen, distracted yet again from the paragon of stealth himself, Mr. Tom.
(5 vs. 6)
Tom tossed an excellently arced Firebomb that almost lit up the Cannon entirely. Key word being almost.
(4 vs. 5)
One soldier drew his knife and chased after Tom, who fled back into the house.

Equestrian Soldier People shoot at Confederate Company No. 2.
(2 vs. 5)
(1-1 vs. 2)
The Confederates flee from the sustained fire, nearly pushed all the way back to the fields.

Spaghetti Elemental flies over to Gary Motherfucking Oak. (6) It patches up his wound quite nicely, stopping the bleeding at least.

The Confederate Head Guard jumped to a start as he realized that the fighting had finally began once again. Picking up his gun, he rushed towards the house to the sight of dozens of soldiers running about, explosions and bullets painting the sky. As he proceeded to the house, he was interrupted by a man standing on the roof of the barn.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN COME AND KILL MY PEOPLE! WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT BROTHER! MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE SIGNATURE ELBOW DROP!"
(5 vs. 4)
The guard ran, but not before the Macho Man could leap at him, and drive the point of his elbow into the back of his skull. He fell immediately.

The Head Guard clutched the back of his head, his eyes watering in pain and concussive damage. He rolled over to see a mass of spandex walking to him. "OH YEEEAH! READY FOR ROUND TWO?!" The guard pulled out his pistol, hoping to get a lucky shot off.
(4 vs. 5)
His dazed state causes him to fire wildly and inaccurately, emptying his whole clip as he the manifestation of his doom saunters to his positions.
(3 vs. 2)
Macho Man kicks him in the gut, and he rolls over slightly, grunting in pain and exhaustion. "WHATCHU' GONNA' DO NOW?!?!?!?"

Enemy Positions:

-West-

Confederate Cannon
Items: Cannon, Cannonballs
Health: 3/5

-South

Confederate Company No. 2
Items: Rifles
18/150

-Upstairs-
(Solid Fortifications)

Spoiler: H.O.E.S. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)

~It's been a
Long September, and there's reason to believe,
Maybe this year will be better than the last.
I can't remember the last thing I said as I was leaving,
Oh the days go bye so fast.

And it's one more day in the canyons,
One more night in Hollywood.
If you think I could be forgiven,
I wish you would.~
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Chapter 72: Restoration)
« Reply #2271 on: October 29, 2013, 02:10:57 am »

"I have a glorious idea!"

Dagoth Ur will stand on the roof of the mansion and brandish the Holy Bible at the remaining Confederates.

"THE POWER OF YOUR N'WAH SUPERSTITION COMPELS YOU!"

He will thus compel them to surrender!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: October 29, 2013, 02:12:35 am »

Swedish Chef notices a concerning lack of nonfunctional cannons! This is concerning!
Call up Mr. Fox and tell him to sabotage those cannons!

Mr. Tom, meanwhile, activates plan 'throw a firebomb at that Confederate Company No. 2'!

Swedish Chef himself will go stab that Head Guard in the kidneys.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:57:45 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: October 30, 2013, 08:26:35 pm »

"Huh. Loot time."
Pastamancer takes the shotgun from the confederates body, then calls the elemental back to him, giving it the shotgun to handle enemies its noodly appendages cannot. Afterwards, he takes up a position by his turret, keeping his spear and Cortez's Chrome at the ready for defense.

If there's a big enough break in the action, go and get all the weed from the basement and put in inventory. No way we're gonna let Dagoth hog it all again.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:37:02 pm by Spinal_Taper »

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: November 01, 2013, 05:34:56 pm »

"The South ain't gonna rise again after this!  YA HEAR THAT YA SECEDIN' SONS OF BITCHES?!  YA'LL FUCKED WITH THE WRONG COWGIRL!!!"

AJ cocks both of Teddy's Chromes and grips her Turkish Saber from the famed Lunar Mongolian Regiment in her mouth before galloping out of the cellar at the first Confederate she lays eyes on
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: November 01, 2013, 06:59:43 pm »

Given his terrible luck in finding everyone whom he has set out to cap was already dead, Al Capone just decides to find the closest enemy, no matter who it is, and fill 'em with lead from the tommygun and AK-47.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: November 01, 2013, 10:48:40 pm »

Kill. That. Cannon.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: November 06, 2013, 10:02:41 pm »

Bump in case some other people want to jump back in.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: November 06, 2013, 10:27:49 pm »

((I take it my skyblue coloration won't be taken, and left only for making my char's name obvious?))

Continue keeping guard on the hostages, with the occasional peek outside to estimate how the battle is going, and on whether to move them to a safer location or not. Also inquire as to what happened, the state of the hostages, and on if they're doing alright.

"Everyone in good shape? What happened to you all?" Altria said, wondering why they were in a battle, isolated from any significant civilization or resource and only in a humble homestead on what seemed to be the outskirts of the populace. This was a really strange place to stage a battle-considering those she had seen earlier bearing some kind of militant uniform with ranks made obvious on their styles.

"Do any of you recognize our enemy and who they are? Why they are here, to be precise?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: November 06, 2013, 11:23:00 pm »

((I take it my skyblue coloration won't be taken, and left only for making my char's name obvious?))

...Can you rephrase that question?
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 162