Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 319263 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Chapter 76: Not Quite Lee...)
« Reply #2385 on: March 07, 2014, 12:47:15 am »

Then we should act for them in their respect! :I

...Who wishes to do the good deed?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: March 07, 2014, 01:00:55 am »

Fire, The H.O.E.S are now in a ring of fire.
"You jerks liked to burn things down! BUT YOU CAN'T BURN DOWN FIRE, NOW CAN YOU!?"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: March 15, 2014, 03:33:17 pm »

Don't worry guys, I'll get on this real soon!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: March 15, 2014, 03:46:36 pm »

All right!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: March 26, 2014, 09:41:33 pm »

~In progress yo~
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 12, 2014, 01:06:32 pm »

I'm a bit lost guys. I don't know how to keep going with this honestly.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 12, 2014, 01:15:05 pm »

Perhaps you can do the good old fashioned reboot. A back to basics?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 12, 2014, 01:19:04 pm »

Or maybe do something more similar to 'Roll to Dodge Mr. T' - sort of a proto-minimalist RTD (in spirit, but not description), if you will. But if you don't feel like you can run this, well, you don't really have to if you feel like you can't or don't want to. It's had a good, long run.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: April 14, 2014, 10:22:35 pm »

Like what Harry Baldman said, you don't have to continue it if you don't want to.  The game will suffer if the person running it isn't enjoying himself, so if you still wanted to run this game then I would suggest trying to find a way to make it feel more fun for you.  If that means bringing the game back to basics for a reboot of sorts, introducing some lethality, or coming up with new enemies to toss in, then go for it.
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 15, 2014, 07:30:41 pm »

Here's what I've come up to as of recent:

The reason this game has been feeling stale for me, and a number of players I'd imagine, is not that the characters or atmosphere are bad, no, those are among the things that still compel me to keep this going. It's that this game is getting pretty damn repetitive. Fight. Kill bad guys. Couple players die. Loot while waitlisters come in. Repeat forever. That was enough the first twelve battles or so, but no matter how unique I make the enemies and scenarios now, it's still the same thing. So, why not just expand the game?

It's pretty simple, the H.O.E.S. aren't meat infantry, they're this sort of weird hybrid mishmash Special Forces. Instead of straight up mutual slaughterfests, the H.O.E.S. could do a lot more. They could protect a supplies convoy, kidnap a Solar officer or political head, spread propaganda, and etc. There could even be other goals where the H.O.E.S. explore a town for clues or rebuild a fort. Stuff like that, to give everyone more freedom and variety than fight-kill-fight all day.

What do y'all think?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 15, 2014, 07:42:59 pm »

If it'll rekindle your enthusiasm for the game, I'm all for it. Swedish Meal Time's making videos again, so I'm ready to split some skulls whenever you need me to.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 16, 2014, 02:07:27 am »

Sounds like it could be fun, I'd be willing to give stuff like that a try
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 16, 2014, 03:51:09 am »

The reason this game has been feeling stale for me, and a number of players I'd imagine, is not that the characters or atmosphere are bad, no, those are among the things that still compel me to keep this going. It's that this game is getting pretty damn repetitive. Fight. Kill bad guys. Couple players die. Loot while waitlisters come in. Repeat forever. That was enough the first twelve battles or so, but no matter how unique I make the enemies and scenarios now, it's still the same thing. So, why not just expand the game?

It's pretty simple, the H.O.E.S. aren't meat infantry, they're this sort of weird hybrid mishmash Special Forces. Instead of straight up mutual slaughterfests, the H.O.E.S. could do a lot more. They could protect a supplies convoy, kidnap a Solar officer or political head, spread propaganda, and etc. There could even be other goals where the H.O.E.S. explore a town for clues or rebuild a fort. Stuff like that, to give everyone more freedom and variety than fight-kill-fight all day.

What do y'all think?

I do agree that the basic template that's been going is quite repetitive, not to mention rather inexplicable at times. So a change of that would be very welcome indeed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 16, 2014, 03:57:12 am »

I'm all up for that, TCM.

Though if you seriously need plot advice or literary help, we're here. I'm open for PM talks over it. :)
Seriously. Dealt with the same situation in my field...Is pretty easy once you set up the background ideas. Well, for me, anyways.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 19, 2014, 06:35:25 pm »

What do y'all think?
Go for it.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162