Finally... > Roll To Dodge

Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]

<< < (479/485) > >>

TCM:
I'm a bit lost guys. I don't know how to keep going with this honestly.

TamerVirus:
Perhaps you can do the good old fashioned reboot. A back to basics?

Harry Baldman:
Or maybe do something more similar to 'Roll to Dodge Mr. T' - sort of a proto-minimalist RTD (in spirit, but not description), if you will. But if you don't feel like you can run this, well, you don't really have to if you feel like you can't or don't want to. It's had a good, long run.

GraveHaunter92:
Like what Harry Baldman said, you don't have to continue it if you don't want to.  The game will suffer if the person running it isn't enjoying himself, so if you still wanted to run this game then I would suggest trying to find a way to make it feel more fun for you.  If that means bringing the game back to basics for a reboot of sorts, introducing some lethality, or coming up with new enemies to toss in, then go for it.

TCM:
Here's what I've come up to as of recent:

The reason this game has been feeling stale for me, and a number of players I'd imagine, is not that the characters or atmosphere are bad, no, those are among the things that still compel me to keep this going. It's that this game is getting pretty damn repetitive. Fight. Kill bad guys. Couple players die. Loot while waitlisters come in. Repeat forever. That was enough the first twelve battles or so, but no matter how unique I make the enemies and scenarios now, it's still the same thing. So, why not just expand the game?

It's pretty simple, the H.O.E.S. aren't meat infantry, they're this sort of weird hybrid mishmash Special Forces. Instead of straight up mutual slaughterfests, the H.O.E.S. could do a lot more. They could protect a supplies convoy, kidnap a Solar officer or political head, spread propaganda, and etc. There could even be other goals where the H.O.E.S. explore a town for clues or rebuild a fort. Stuff like that, to give everyone more freedom and variety than fight-kill-fight all day.

What do y'all think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version