Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 322285 times)

Biscuitlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 53: That Old Voodoo)
« Reply #1860 on: January 05, 2013, 07:17:56 am »

Changed my action so Braeburn did something aswell.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 54: Sheer Competence)
« Reply #1861 on: January 08, 2013, 08:40:29 pm »

Chapter 54: Sheer Competence

"Cover me!" Roland Deschain commands the Elite Kingston S.W.A.T. Team to guard him as he jumps over the trunk of the car and pulls his guns out in classic gunslinger form, both aimed at the legs of the robotic Autonomous Mobile Turret. (6 vs. 1) There's a flash from the muzzles of the guns as various bullets pierce the legs of the sentry, tearing the robotic limbs to shreds. Without the support of it's legs, the robot falls off of the building and slams flat on it's gun. The gun shatters into pieces as it hits the ground with a spray of circuitry breaking and fizzing. With his job done here, Roland turns his back and looks to the new situations unfolding in front of him.

Twilight Sparkle fled from Alisha Deathrow and her gang, running through the museum. Behind her Alisha and her group chases her down, spraying Twilight's path with a storm of bullets. "You can't hide from me little pony!" As the unicorn runs through the museum, she has a plan though; she picks up all the sharp pointy objects, like spears, blades and flagpoles, along with heavy objects, like benches, pots, and armor, with her magic, dragging them all together into a Katamari sphere of doom. As she enters one spacious room, she suspends the sphere in mid-air and runs out of it. Just as Alisha and her thugs all enter, Twilight uses her magic again to lock the doors on both sides of the room. Leaving them trapped. "Fuck you, when we get out of here-" She glances up to notice the giant rotating sphere levitating in the middle of the air. "...Oh gowd'." (6 vs. 2) The sphere explodes and the contents of it fly everywhere. There are screams and then the sounds of bodies and objects of all sorts and sides slam into the walls. Even Alisha hesitates, and this leads to a downfall as a spear flies straight into her chest and pins her to the wall. In her death throes, she groans and drops her guns.

The Pastamancer stands up from the rubble of the pier. He raises his hands in the air while chanting, "Hey Spaghetti Elemental! I'd like you to come and make the Sons of Samedi die!"
(2)
"NO."
Well, I guess today isn't the best day to summon it.

'~Ah, to be asleep and telepathic! Can't beat a sensation like that.~' Dagoth Ur remained cuddled up in his bed as his telepathy seemed to working out quite well. In his dreams, he saw his physic power transverse over the buildings, until it came to rest on a Samedi man scoping out the city with a powerful rifle. The physic energy descends upon the sniper, (3 vs. 1) and Eagle Eyes screams and resists the physic power for a bit until it finally overcomes him. Even when it does control him, he mentally protests but his body puts up no resistance. He raises his rifle and points it at the nefarious Mr. Sunshine. (3+1 vs. 5) Sunshine jumps as a bullet hits the ground near his feet. "What is this? A sniper! Go away!" Sunshine swings his arm at the building Eagle Eyes is resting on, a wave of green Voodoo magic racing out of it. (6 vs. 3) The blast rips through the buildings and causes it to fall on it's foundation. The various floors collapse into the ground and a cloud of dust and debris flies through the street. Eagle Eyes falls down with it, tumbling and screaming through the air....

Just as Rainbow Dash came zooming by, her Katana end sticking right out at Eagle Eyes to make some eagle shiskabob. (6 vs. 2) The blade goes right through his chest and out his back, and Rainbow swirls her sword around to show off her prize. "Hey guys, look what I caught! You know, for someone with good sight you didn't see that one coming?" Dashie flicks the blade and sends the bloodied corpse down into the building debris.

Simon, in his Jet-Lagann, swerves down to the ground and picks Mark Gabby up. Mark is surprised, and the rest of his group runs screaming away from the giant robot. Simon picks the Samedi commander and brings him right up to the faceplate of the Mecha. "You think a weapon like that can hurt Sky Lagann? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?" (5 vs. 2) Simon grips tightly on the struggling Mark Gabby, Lagann's fingers compressing around him. Frustrated that he doesn't die quicker, Simon uses Spiral Power!

Al Capone skedaddles out of the alley and confronts Mr. Sunshine. "Hey buddy, name's Al Capone. Don't forget it. Listen, I see ya' all got your little operations down here, something I ain't no stranger to. Here's deal, we get the west half a' dis' town, you get dah' other half, capeesh?" The mob boss extends his hand forward for a shake. Sunshine raises his Machete and slashes it downwards, only for Capone to mockingly jerk it back at the last second and making the Samedi commander stumble. "Ah, no dice. Guess I'll bring out dah' toys then!" Swishing his jacket-cape open dramatically, Capone pulls his signature Tommy Gun from his back and swings it forwards pointing it straight at Sunshine. (2 vs. 5) He manages to get some hits on the leader, but they seem to have no effects as Mr. Sunshine simply stands up and walks towards Al, barely flinching every time a shot lands on him. "Ya' know, this usually ain't how tings' work out!" (4 vs. 2) Mr. Sunshine brings his Cursed Machete down on Capone's Right Forearm. He curses and drops his Tommy Gun, and looks at his arm. It doesn't hit but it starts to....become paralyzed. Petrified in fact. The area of the cut all the way to Capone's hand turns to solid stone. "Now dat' ain't gud' either."

Fortunately for Al, he has some back-up in the fight as Applejack charges out of a building door straight at Mr. Sunshine! As she gets near him she bends down into a slide, turns around, and smashes her hind hooves at him propelling him straight into the air. "I'll show you how we hunt country style!" Applejack spins around and points both of Teddy Roosevelt's Pistols at Sunshine, one in each hoof, and fires at the airborn target. (3 vs. 4) Several shoots slam into Sunshine, and eventually his body falls back on the ground, motionless. Applejack blows the smoke off of the pistol barrels. "Well, how do ya' like them apples?" Apparently, Mr. Sunshine doesn't like them very much as he immediately springs to his feet and charges her. (3 vs. 6) He takes a swing right at her head, but the earth pony ducks under his attack and bucks him again, and he goes flying into a truck, only to get back on his feet. "Come on, ain't there a way to take this sour-apple out?"

"I'm on it sis!" Big Macintosh declares as he bucks the side of a nearby abandoned apartment, causing part of the wall to crumble into piles of brick before him. He kicks up the piles of bricks and sends the hardened debris flying towards Mr. Sunshine. (4 vs. 4) One pile strikes Sunshine right in the chest, sending him right back into the side of the truck. He grimaces with pain, and hides behind the truck so that no more bricks can strike him. When Big Mac runs out of his ammunition, Mr. Sunshine emerges once more. "I told you all you can not defeat me, for I am a true Son of Samedi, I am almost a good unto myself!"
"Yee-haw!" And then Braeburn and the Apple Family Reunion bunch charge in. (5 vs. 2) Mr. Sunshine is thrown underfoot the stampede.

The Old Spice Guy shakes his head at the Trailblazer, as the man is so unmanly he can only respond to questions with wheezing and occasionally declaring "MAKEITSTOPMAKEITSTO*coughing*". Isaiah stands up solemnly as the man pitifully tries to breath, probably out of breath since he is in such proximity of a true man. Isaiah then throws a ticket onto the man. "May your soul smell like a great man in the great after after-shower." Isaiah turns and walks away. (2 vs. 4) There is an explosion, and he curiously looks over his shoulder. Much to his surprise, the Trailblazer is standing upright and perfectly fine in the explosion's crater. "I am a true man, not you, for I am one with Samedi!" Triumphantly but sternly the Old Spice Guy turns around to face him. "Oh? If you are such a man, prove it!" (1 vs. 6) "WELL I AM SUCH A MAN THAT I DON'T EXIST." The Trailblazer disappears from the universe. Isiah claps.

Mark Gabby, flailing about in the grip of Simon's Lagann, makes one last ditch effort at survival. He points his AK47 at the machine's cockpit where Simon would be and let's the trigger loose. (2 vs. 4) He misses because he is pain. (5 vs. 3) Simon gets annoyed and throws him into a trash can. The garbage truck comes and takes him away.

"Mr. Sunshine stands up, even though at this point he has been so trampled and damaged that his healing has mended all of his body yet. "Can't...beat me...I am a God!..." He stumbles up to the side and vomits. And then stands back up, moaning and with blurred vision. "....Fat man dies first!" He grips his Cursed Machete and charges Al Capone. (6 vs. 1) Sunshine charges the stunned gangster and cuts through his clothes and hat, tearing into his flesh and body, ripping apart his limps, slashing and mashing his head into an unrecognizable pile of mush...
Capone turns to the ponies next to him. "Your guy's family musta' done some real hurt on dat' head a' his. He's really goin' after dat' store's outfit display model." (Actually it was a 6 vs. 6. :3)

The General peers out a window. All of his commanders were either dead or taking out a vendetta on fashion. He slumps back down on this seat. "...Which one of you motherfuckers told me the H.O.E.S. were those clown soldiers that died out of sheer incompetence?" His guard shrugs. Sighing, the mastermind looks to a glass case on the back of the car, that protected a red button, labeled with the warning 'ONLY FOR EMERGENCY USE'. Well, it looked it was time for that. He slammed his fist on the glass, shattering it and hitting the button. (6) Suddenly a green aura flies into the General. He closes his eyes, and reopens them with glowing red irises. "I HAVE ASCENDED. FEAR ME MORTALS, FOR I AM ONE WITH SAMEDI." He steps out of his limo, which explodes in a fireball behind him from the sheer eminence of the power within the general. His Machete extends into a blade of anime proportions.

"I AM NO LONGER GENERAL. I AM SAMEDI, GOD OF THE UNDERWORLD, A TRUE SUPER SAYIAN."

LORD SAMEDI has possessed the General! He gets a +1 to all rolls!

Somewhere else in Kingston, the Elite Kingston S.W.A.T. Squad comes upon Mr. Sunshine. They do dat' point en' shoot. "You can not beat me, I am-" They shoot him a lot of times. More than 7. He eventually dissipates into a puff of green ash.

Lord Samedi
Health: Deity
Mood: ~RUN COWARDS~

Spoiler: H.O.E.S. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)

WHAT A TWIST, TURNS OUT HE WAS A SUPER SAYIAN ALL ALONG. THAT SLAPS ME ON THE KNEE.

Anyway guys, based on the amount of deaths in the last few battles, I have decided on a new action your character's can use, if any of you are noble enough. This action is Guard, which uses up a turn. First, a character chooses another character(s) to guard, and declares it in their action. When they are guarding, all attacks aimed towards the characters being guarded will be redirected to their guardian. Note that the guardian will counter any unsuccessful attacks as usual.

Also, I'd love to work on this game's TV Trope page, but my computer has been having issues with the site. If you haven't checked out the TV Trope "Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia" game, I'd advise you to check it out, maybe even add something if you want. Thanks guys! /shamelessselfpromotion
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 08, 2013, 09:46:57 pm »

<3 SWAT team.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 08, 2013, 10:03:38 pm »

Pastamancer dug the cellphone out of his pocket and opened up the contacts. Bemused by it, he picked the burliest guy he could see, judging by the pictures the phone used to show them. This happened to be Oleg, who he asked to go fight Super Samedi.

But first, he conjures up more pasta armor, plus-size, and gives it to Oleg.

Samari45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 08, 2013, 10:06:52 pm »

"Time to finish this up. Infinite Spiral!"
The bottom half of Sky Lagann turns into a drill.
"Sky Lagann Impact!"
Use Infinite Spiral. Drill through Lord Samedi.

OOC: Yes, that is +4 to all rolls this turn. Yes, I just realized how OP that is.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 09, 2013, 12:36:44 am »

Noticing that yet another god has made his entrance in the area, Dagoth Ur guesses that perhaps it might be a good idea to be getting up now. He rises, stretches out and yawns contently, then considers his further course of action.

"Hey, I'm a god! How is it that I don't have any guards? Somebody could have strangled me in my sleep! Granted, I would respawn at the Heart of Lorkhan, but still!"

Dagoth Ur will summon an Ascended Sleeper (maybe Dagoth Hlevul, that one seemed like a nice enough sort) to guard him.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:37 am »

I am totally digging Isaiah's manliness and hilarious action. :D

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 09, 2013, 05:11:33 pm »

The Old spice man looked up at the man who claimed himself god, and not on the side of old spice. "ridiculous." And didn't even bother giving any more acknowledgement than that. Instead handed the most powerful weapon you could use, to the S.W.A.T. team. (I wanna see if I can buffer their next action with old spice)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 09, 2013, 05:59:23 pm »

Holy crap. The H.O.E.S kicked ass this battle. Holy crap.

Biscuitlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 10, 2013, 12:29:20 pm »

That Trailblazer seriously made my day  :D

''Good work y'all.''
Big Mac gives AJ a big hug for her good work and then proceeds to give
Braeburn an invigorating slap on his plot in a totally non homoerotic way, just like those footballplayers do after their game in the shower.
But suddenly an explosion of power disrupted the good mood as the General ascended.

''Well shucks. Guess you shouldn't count your Zapp-Apples before you harvest them.
Speaking of...''
He takes out some bottles of Zapp-Apple-Cider out of his Saddle-Bag and gives everyone one to take a good chug of it. The Cider should strengthen and toughen up everyone drinking from it. Buffing them for the Big fight.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 10, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »

Calmly reloading his guns, Roland moves toward The General's location. As he sees Simon lining up an attack, he pins the general in place with gunfire, as to aid Simon's aim.

((So basically, aid action for Simon.))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:29:17 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 10, 2013, 08:28:04 pm »

"Time to finish this up. Infinite Spiral!"
The bottom half of Sky Lagann turns into a drill.
"Sky Lagann Impact!"
Use Infinite Spiral. Drill through Lord Samedi.

OOC: Yes, that is +4 to all rolls this turn. Yes, I just realized how OP that is.

Perhaps it wouldn't be as OP if it has a one battle per use recharge? So everytime you use it, you can't use it for the next fight again to kill the boss, so you have to use it strategically and decide "Is this boss dangerous? Or should I save it for a boss that could be worse?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 10, 2013, 08:28:31 pm »

Rainbow Dash hovers above the ruined skyscraper as she fixes Samedi in the sights of her Lee Enfield, muttering quietly to herself, "They never just shot anybody in Dragonball, did they, fool? Besides, if going super saiyan didn't work for Hitler, why would it work for a dweeb like you?"

Shoot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 10, 2013, 08:54:18 pm »

Al Capone ignores this "Samedi", and instead focuses on giving "Mr. Sunshine" a facial makeover.
"Ah, ya sonuva...", he mutters, pulls out some brass knuckles with his non-petrified hand, runs at his assailant, and swings.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 10, 2013, 09:43:15 pm »

AJ returns Big Mac's hug while ignoring the completely platonic and heterosexual exchange between her brother and cousin.

"Now what in tarnation is making all them lights and explosions over there?  I think I'm gonna need a little extra firepower."
Taking her lasso, AJ wraps up ALL of the Boss's Fragmentation Grenades into one Ultra-Mega Explosive.  Applejack will then hang back from the big fight and wait for an opportunity blow Samedi back to the Underworld with her bomb!
Oh and she'll buff up by taking a swig of Zap Apple Cider while she's at it.
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 162