Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rocksmith  (Read 7273 times)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rocksmith
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 02:05:23 pm »

Hmm, I can't seem to get the CDLC to work.  I've placed the DX3D dll in the root Rocksmith folder, placed the .psarcs in the DLC folder, and they still don't show up in my Learn A Song list.

I've also tried using the exe launcher (which is the alternative option), but the same thing happens.  Am I missing something obvious?  Whether Steam is open or closed at the time of launching appears to make no difference.

Edit: doh, please ignore me, I'm an idiot.  I'd bought the Smashing Pumpkins song pack and stupidly assumed it included the Cherub Rock dlc.  It doesn't.  *facepalm*

Edit The Second: Day 3.  In an effort to improve my knowledge (an execution) of chords, I have ventured into the Guitarcade section of the game.

Initial (after a couple of games) reaction: this is excellent.  This is where all the physical, muscle-memory-building exercises are truly held, this much is obvious.  But they're in arcade game form, so it doesn't feel like rote repetition, it feels like a challenge!  I'm going to enjoy this!

Later (after many more games) reaction: DAMN YOU, CASTLE CHORDEAD!  YOU AND YOUR GODDAMN ENERGY-BALL-THROWING F5-CHORD-ABSORBING ZOMBIE MONSTER!  I WILL KILL YOU!  I WILL KILL YOU ALL!  Uh...AGAIN!   :P

Seriously, chord-switching is damn tough under pressure.  Muscle memory can't come fast enough.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:35:47 pm by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 04:50:23 pm »

Haha, that's nothing. RS1 had another form of Chordead, similar to the space battle thing, and that thing had much worse scaling - you started with like three power chords, but it VERY quickly got to sevenths. Then hit a plateau with barre.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 08:18:48 pm »

I tried various cdlc's and was rather disappointed. I don't know if they usually get the lead guitar right, but the bass was usually pretty bad with some odd or missing notes. Probably because the bass was added by people without a good ear for it. If this is what I get on the popular downloads, then I'm not expecting much at all from the more obscure ones :(

Eh? Popular downloads? Where do you get them from? The site I linked just shows the cDLC by most recent update (or upload) by default. And the download page usually has comments on it, so you know what to expect, and the authors often fix the problems with the cDLC in further releases.

You can sort the cdlc's by number of downloads, second column from the right, "DLs". I'm guessing the problem is how few bass players there are and most of the ones playing rocksmith are probably still learning. I'm seeing comments of praise and thanks for those songs that are basically missing 1/5-1/4 of the notes on bass.

And you do NOT have Dynamic Difficulty on? Because I've been playing around on emulated bass, and did not have any issues with that.

No, I'm talking 100% difficulty, although I'm also talking about trickier bass tunes like some RHCP, which can be understandable for people to get wrong.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 08:05:29 pm »

Bumping this for great justice! I'm still playing, and monkeying around with cDLC. I just picked up this, and am failing horribly at it. But it's fun. Anyone still out there playing?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 10:07:57 pm »

I'm learning to play the Guitar with RockSmith2014.  I'm having a hell of a time trying to 100% the lesson on Bending. 

Also my favourite minigame is String Skip Saloon, mostly because the losing screen is hilarious.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 08:01:50 am »

Bumping this for great justice! I'm still playing, and monkeying around with cDLC. I just picked up this, and am failing horribly at it. But it's fun. Anyone still out there playing?

Sure, with cDLC, Rocksmith is the best tab-reading software out there :P

Although RIGHT now I am unable to play, since a couple days ago I snapped my high E string and couldn't pick up replacements due to time and cash shortage. I had it coming though, last time I replaced them was like half a year ago.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 02:06:29 pm »

My best friend bought Rocksmith 2014 recently and has been learning with it.  He absolutely loves it.  It prompted him to buy a new guitar (while drunk, admittedly).  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely
Pages: 1 [2]