Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 931036 times)

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #1215 on: April 17, 2013, 11:17:33 am »

If anyone has any ideas for functional differences, post it on their forums or something. It would have some chance of being added. The devs seem to want to make planets as unique as possible. Even if it's not in the first official release, new things can still end up in post-release updates.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 17, 2013, 02:09:53 pm »

Weee, we got our keys. Grabbing the OST now. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 17, 2013, 02:19:03 pm »

The quality and quantity of the music is probably worth 15$ on its own.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 17, 2013, 03:10:37 pm »

Dunno, I wasn't that impressed by the OST.  Some of the experimental stuff was okay.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 17, 2013, 03:21:15 pm »

Mm... yeah, a few of the experimental ones were definitely more to my taste, so to speak. Lot of the other stuff is good, just kinda' mellow and... background-y. Especially most of the non-experimental stuff. Something that's just there instead of actively highlighting the situation or whathaveyou. Technically leaning fairly well toward excellent, but not engaging.

Some of the experimental stuff though, I like. I like quite a bit. Desert battle 2 and desert exploration... two? I think? (The lighting demo one. People can riff on copland for me all day every day.) Were probably my favorite. I think a couple of the lava ones and one of the tentacle ones were alright, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 17, 2013, 04:00:51 pm »

So far they sound like a great gameplay accompanyment... which is their purpose. :) It is a little difficult to feel an emotional connection with the tracks, seperated as they are from the worlds or environments we should be experiencing along with them. But I'm enjoying it regardless. I've been using is as a Cataclysm background ambience, hehe.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 25, 2013, 10:39:54 am »

So... Any ETA on the Beta yet?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 25, 2013, 10:46:16 am »

Soon*
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 25, 2013, 11:12:01 am »

All conjecture at this point. I'm hoping mid-late summer, but I have no basis for that hope. Just a feeling.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 25, 2013, 11:18:26 am »

Soon*

Valve-time, I assume.

And weren't they planning to have the release this year too? Would be a pretty short beta if it only starts this summer.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1225 on: April 25, 2013, 11:25:19 am »

They plan to have a beta out thsi year, they haven't mentioned a full release.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 25, 2013, 01:13:17 pm »

Well they can take their time... i supported starcommand for idevice/droid/pc thingy on kickstarter and the relesae date was back in 2011? or 2010? cant remember and yet the game JUST came out like a few week ago.... worst planning ever ( either planning or quite simply cant estimate the lenght of a project at all ). Better they dont say than do their mistake.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 28, 2013, 10:18:37 am »

When beta comes out ( if its shipped with multiplayer ) I shall rent a server for Bay12how many slots should I be looking at buying ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 28, 2013, 10:21:39 am »

Hell when it comes out im setting up a few server on my personal PC, i have the power and UPTIME for it, so ill just hand you an IP/port combo and set you admin.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 28, 2013, 10:28:08 am »

Hell when it comes out im setting up a few server on my personal PC, i have the power and UPTIME for it, so ill just hand you an IP/port combo and set you admin.

Hmm are you sure ? I was thinking a dedicated 24 7 server would be a bit better cause then we are not dependent one someone, also would save your electricity haha
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 565