Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 933167 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5610 on: December 13, 2013, 03:19:24 pm »

First creature I saw on MP was an evil Mudkip. Yeah, they look like Pokemans.
Evil, bloodthirsty Pokemans. That have been cross bred with cliff racers. The most annoying things in the universe.

Edit: didn't finish; got attacked by a fluffy wambler and almost died while typing.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:24:31 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: December 13, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »

First creature I saw on MP was an evil Mudkip. Yeah, they look like Pokemans.
Evil, bloodthirsty Pokemans. That have been cross bred with cliff racers. The most annoying things in the universe.

Edit: didn't finish; got attacked by a fluffy wambler and almost died while typing.
Gotta watch it, those things will take your head off.
Especially if you're a rather large person made of a certain copper alloy.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: December 13, 2013, 03:27:55 pm »

... I just saw some pictures of the later tier Glitch armors. They're. They're TERRIBLE. I mean seriously. Terrible. The entire suit of armor is basically just one long helmet with 3+ sets of eyes. It looks completely ridiculous. And not in a cool or humorous way. I mean, you have a race that gives you a legitimate excuse to make some cool looking super medieval-esque armor in a sci-fi game... and you make that? I mean, I know everyone has different taste but... damn. I might not play any glitch characters. The first five tiers look cool and all but... damn.

I mean, I suppose I could bum armor off of different races if I went into multiplayer... but I want decent looking glitch armor that I don't have to cover up with vanity slots in shame.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:32:25 pm by Kaitol »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: December 13, 2013, 03:33:24 pm »

I wish traps could actually damage enemies...

Also, I wish there was a horizontal door of some kind, so you could make little drawbridges.
Some sort of Glitch false floor exists.
Yep.

I once found a Glitch house and saw the false floor. Went down and got electro grenades from the secret chest! :D

Althouhg.

Is it just me or are random-gen weapons consistently underpowered in DPS past Alpha sector now?

Nope. Sturgeon's Revelation is very much in effect for random-gen weapons, but I've found ones that are much better than Impervium craftables.

Does the size of the planets matter in navigation view? I started on a small forest planet, and have an enormous desert planet in my home system.

I think that display size does affect how large a planet is when you explore it. It seems to me that I spend at least twice as long circumnavigating the big spheres than I do the small ones...
It does. Small ones can be circled in <1 day, very large ones can take as many as four or five days, if you don't have the energy to continually energy-dash sky-surf/blinkspam past obstacles and mobs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: December 13, 2013, 03:37:24 pm »

How do I use spawners? I want a Floran village damnit.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: December 13, 2013, 03:37:49 pm »

How do I use spawners? I want a Floran village damnit.
Place them, leave the area, come back.

3. Run Resize Enable

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: December 13, 2013, 03:39:44 pm »

... I just saw some pictures of the later tier Glitch armors. They're. They're TERRIBLE. I mean seriously. Terrible. The entire suit of armor is basically just one long helmet with 3+ sets of eyes. It looks completely ridiculous. And not in a cool or humorous way. I mean, you have a race that gives you a legitimate excuse to make some cool looking super medieval-esque armor in a sci-fi game... and you make that? I mean, I know everyone has different taste but... damn. I might not play any glitch characters. The first five tiers look cool and all but... damn.

I mean, I suppose I could bum armor off of different races if I went into multiplayer... but I want decent looking glitch armor that I don't have to cover up with vanity slots in shame.

Yep. This. Once I actually saw how profoundly stupid their armor looks I'm disinclined to play the race ever now, even if I could just toss one of the low tier sets into the vanity slots. I kinda like the Apex and USCM aesthetics better, anyway.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: December 13, 2013, 03:44:44 pm »

I've noticed that alien critters always try to sneak up on you if you are in their line of sight and you are not looking at them.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: December 13, 2013, 03:52:53 pm »

Hopefully someone steps up and mods the later glitch armors. That would the one mod I used every time, hands down. Because playing a Robot Knight pleases me.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: December 13, 2013, 03:57:32 pm »

Some things on glitch late-tier armor:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: December 13, 2013, 04:01:44 pm »

Why are you staring at me like that?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: December 13, 2013, 04:03:32 pm »

Bloody hell I want the big one. That is biggest hat, and thus bestest hat. My hat would clip through all the walls! As well as passing celestial bodies.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: December 13, 2013, 04:20:35 pm »

Ah, I forget who was modding flowers and mushrooms to be growable, but digging through the timers makes me think the grown time on shrooms is about an hour and a half from planting to mature. You can lower the duration to something sane (or ludicrously fast like 10,12) to check them out without waiting for hours to check changes.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: December 13, 2013, 04:33:09 pm »

Speaking of which, someone said crops don't grow unless you're near them. Do we have exact data on how close you have to be? I wouldn't even know where to start looking for that (not yet delved into modding).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: December 13, 2013, 04:36:44 pm »

Speaking of which, someone said crops don't grow unless you're near them. Do we have exact data on how close you have to be? I wouldn't even know where to start looking for that (not yet delved into modding).
This turned out to not be true. I've left a ship with newly-planted crops and returned to ones ready for harvesting. It's just that non-staples grow painfully slow.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 565