Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 933116 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6270 on: December 23, 2013, 01:03:45 am »

I just found a snowman. Sadly, I hit him with my axe. I thought he was a decoration, not an object that could be destroyed, like baskets.

On the bright side, I now have a new hat and a tasty carrot.

E: Found another one!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:14:14 am by BlackFlyme »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6271 on: December 23, 2013, 01:04:53 am »

I'm sad that I will lose Ssspacedancer the floran wizard in the next patch or two :/

I guess I can try to stash everything on a planet and try my luck with a planet backup again.
Doesn't work, I tried. Wipes override all changes made to planets even if you restore an old copy of the planet file.
Yeah, I discovered that after the last character wipe. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna try again; I've only found the one wizard hat ever and I don't remember the coordinates where I found it.
Chest items are randomized anyways. Won't work.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: December 23, 2013, 01:07:29 am »

I was trying to cover my whole planet just to see how much cool stuff I could find...
I went for ages, found a few cultist buildings (both with huge minibosses near them...two swords that shoot bubbles dropped!)

Eventually, I came across a huge castle, accidentally hit some guy inside with my bubbles, and had to massacre the entire place as the guards wouldn't stop coming. But then my laptop overheat and I got teleported back to my ship. I think it's time to go to a new planet, I don't know if I have the effort left to make the same multiple day journey again. Really need to find some way to transport myself faster. You know, like calibrating this beam to be ninety degrees to the left. :S
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: December 23, 2013, 01:11:31 am »

I was trying to cover my whole planet just to see how much cool stuff I could find...
I went for ages, found a few cultist buildings (both with huge minibosses near them...two swords that shoot bubbles dropped!)

Eventually, I came across a huge castle, accidentally hit some guy inside with my bubbles, and had to massacre the entire place as the guards wouldn't stop coming. But then my laptop overheat and I got teleported back to my ship. I think it's time to go to a new planet, I don't know if I have the effort left to make the same multiple day journey again. Really need to find some way to transport myself faster. You know, like calibrating this beam to be ninety degrees to the left. :S
In time, you will circumnavigate many, many planets, out of a desire for stolen goods or simply boredom.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: December 23, 2013, 01:16:01 am »

Try walking in the opposite direction next time. It may be quicker that way.

I remember making a three-day hike to the right to a castle several times just to find out it was less than a two minute walk to the left.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: December 23, 2013, 01:19:25 am »

Hyep I've done that. It was really nice but all the guards reeeallllyyy hate you at them castles haha.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: December 23, 2013, 01:20:35 am »

I'm sad that I will lose Ssspacedancer the floran wizard in the next patch or two :/

I guess I can try to stash everything on a planet and try my luck with a planet backup again.
Doesn't work, I tried. Wipes override all changes made to planets even if you restore an old copy of the planet file.
Yeah, I discovered that after the last character wipe. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna try again; I've only found the one wizard hat ever and I don't remember the coordinates where I found it.
I bought it from a Glitch wizard NPC rather than finding it in a chest. I assume he and his tower would still be in place.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: December 23, 2013, 01:26:19 am »

NOOOOOOO!

This is the second time I found my FLUTE in the first chest I found DX

I'll..miss my flute. Again.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: December 23, 2013, 01:36:49 am »

Where can I find musical instruments?
I've found a banjo and a nylon guitar in high-tech chests of a few Apex labs, but I can't find any more.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: December 23, 2013, 01:41:37 am »

I found two harmonicas in two different wooden chests on a single world. Pretty sure instruments can be found just about anywhere.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: December 23, 2013, 01:51:37 am »

Yeah, instruments are found the same way as most other things.

As random lute. *Dodges tomatoes*

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: December 23, 2013, 01:58:30 am »

Quite by accident I discovered that the reed organ is quite an ideal instrument for playing 8-bit tunes. The Zelda castle theme gave me chills it was so recognizable.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6282 on: December 23, 2013, 01:59:18 am »

Just noticed a 275 MB update, but none of the version numbers have been upped and there's no new patch notes. There wasn't a character wipe either.

Was the Official Servers button there before? I think that's new.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: December 23, 2013, 01:59:56 am »

Yeah, instruments are found the same way as most other things.

As random lute. *Dodges tomatoes*
What if there was a random lute that randomly picked another instrument to play the sound of for each note?

Just noticed a 275 MB update, but none of the version numbers have been upped and there's no new patch notes. There wasn't a character wipe either.

Was the Official Servers button there before? I think that's new.
I don't think it'll be a character-wiper.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: December 23, 2013, 02:11:19 am »

Did anyone link this earlier?

New changelog for the latest update, tweeted about an hour ago.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 565