Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 932343 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6825 on: January 24, 2014, 11:38:26 pm »

Lab lockers are my waifu, they're so petite and helpful~

*snerk*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: January 25, 2014, 03:03:52 am »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: January 25, 2014, 03:06:51 am »

I wish the game would work on my computer, because that sounds really cool.
...Maybe I'll give it another go.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #6828 on: January 25, 2014, 03:32:20 am »

Huh, interesting.

This links to a forum thread where a discussion is already in progress. Am I supposed to follow the link in the thread to the reddit page? If so, why don't you just link to the reddit page? I'm very confused.

Actually, I've seen this happen a lot of times in this thread: someone posts a link that says "interesting" or something along those lines. No description of what is to be found at the link. When I click the link, it takes me to a forum thread somewhere with a discussion already in progress, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be noticing... Can I request that people try to be a bit more descriptive? Even if you just copy-paste the information you want us to see, it would be very helpful.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: January 25, 2014, 03:35:22 am »

Huh, interesting.
People don't seem to get that PvP won't happen unless you want it to.

Well, I suppose the devs might add some sort of player locator. But I'm not sure that they'd do that.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: January 25, 2014, 08:36:42 am »

Indeed, the chances of stumbling into another player by chance are astronomically small. Especially with how few players any given server has.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: January 25, 2014, 08:44:31 am »

Lab lockers are my waifu, they're so petite and helpful~

*snerk*
I knoooow.

*sigs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: January 25, 2014, 10:11:10 am »

Huh, interesting.

This links to a forum thread where a discussion is already in progress. Am I supposed to follow the link in the thread to the reddit page? If so, why don't you just link to the reddit page? I'm very confused.

Actually, I've seen this happen a lot of times in this thread: someone posts a link that says "interesting" or something along those lines. No description of what is to be found at the link. When I click the link, it takes me to a forum thread somewhere with a discussion already in progress, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be noticing... Can I request that people try to be a bit more descriptive? Even if you just copy-paste the information you want us to see, it would be very helpful.
I didn't link to the reddit page because then the people would miss out on the discussion of the forum post (for whatever it's worth), and it's not like the links are halfway in the thread. They're right there, on the first post. I don't see any reason not to. It's not like following one extra link will kill you or something.

Fair enough on the description, I should have put effort over whatever "style" there is in not describing things. Even so, in the case of the link I posted my job is pretty much already done--the link URL itself describes what I linked to already. I.e "in-next-patch-commits-force-pvp-in-x-sector". Clicking on the link, your browser and the threads title should also say 'In next patch commits: "Force pvp in x sector"'. The information should be readily available.

Indeed, the chances of stumbling into another player by chance are astronomically small. Especially with how few players any given server has.
Well, unless you did what Aklyon did and use that server monitoring thing, which shows the active worlds. Then it becomes a definite possibility.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:22:09 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: January 25, 2014, 11:23:55 am »

I just want a way for people to locate each other easily if they want to group up. :/

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: January 25, 2014, 11:26:08 am »

Well, unless you did what Aklyon did and use that server monitoring thing, which shows the active worlds. Then it becomes a definite possibility.
Unless they're on the opposite side of the planet, which means they might get back to the telepoint before you catch up with them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: January 25, 2014, 11:31:59 am »

I do have to say that there was an appropriately high level of stupid in that thread. Even spied someone asking for a refund.  ::)

3. Run Resize Enable

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: January 26, 2014, 08:56:03 am »

Abandon the ship, patch is up!

Patch notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: January 26, 2014, 09:59:32 am »

Absolutely massive changes to disk serialization (sorry reversers), which will allow us to never need to wipe players or ships again, and hopefully never need to wipe worlds again.
TO SPACE, LADS AND LASSES. THE STARS ARE OURS!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: January 26, 2014, 10:11:01 am »

Well, for once I'm glad I woke up unusually early (relative to me). Time to create a new character and then hoard like a mentally ill hoarder.

So, who's gonna set up a server with the new updoot?
I'd presume it'll be those who did so previously.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: January 26, 2014, 11:31:52 am »

How big is the patch? Debating whether I should try to update out on the road or wait until I get somewhere with faster, more stable Internet :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 565