Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 933393 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6900 on: January 28, 2014, 02:06:50 am »

Yurp!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: January 28, 2014, 02:16:29 am »

A suggestion, try set the polling rate for the connections to around 5-10 minutes. Too frequent connections considering we don't have much of an admin console yet and i do like the log to be fairly clean.

Also please update my link to tellehome.asuscomm.com, that DDNS is maintained by my router now so i wouldn't have to worry about no-ip updating :D

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: January 28, 2014, 02:35:06 am »

A suggestion, try set the polling rate for the connections to around 5-10 minutes. Too frequent connections considering we don't have much of an admin console yet and i do like the log to be fairly clean.

Also please update my link to tellehome.asuscomm.com, that DDNS is maintained by my router now so i wouldn't have to worry about no-ip updating :D

The "polling rate" is whenever someone refreshes the page. I'll add in cached results tomorrow, with a 5 minute ttl. Also, address updated.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: January 28, 2014, 10:07:23 am »

The "polling rate" is whenever someone refreshes the page. I'll add in cached results tomorrow, with a 5 minute ttl. Also, address updated.
Sweet man, i'd give you 5 bucks but don't my monitor doesn't take visas :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6904 on: January 28, 2014, 10:42:27 am »

Is the game stable enough to not need a reboot every 3 hours now? Because that was a pain in the ass.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: January 28, 2014, 10:47:06 am »

Yeah, it should be in the op or something!
Or at least Bigs post.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: January 28, 2014, 10:54:55 am »

Is the game stable enough to not need a reboot every 3 hours now? Because that was a pain in the ass.
If you're talking about the server-side issues, this last patch included fixes for a lot of that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6907 on: January 28, 2014, 10:55:43 am »

If you're talking about the server-side issues, this last patch included fixes for a lot of that.
Oh good. I'll probably put my server back up this week then.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:39 am »

Hey gaiz! Wanna tell you 'bout mah server! Yeps, I'm launching one. Gonna take a minute to set things up all proper-like, but here's a neat thing I did:

http://pc.lanimals.com/starbound/

Note: It uses fsockopen with PHP, which means in your server window(for those of you running a server) you'll see a blip that someone's connecting. it should reap that connection pretty quick though, as after it detects an open server it kills the connection right away. It might eat up some resources, so if you don't want your server on my list, I'll take it down. Just thought it would be easier for everyone than asking in the thread all the time if it's up or not.

Also, if you want a better "icon" than the question marked man waving, send it to me. 68x100, transparency a plus.

Also, also, standard bay12 password.
I'm TRYING it, but it keeps failing to load. Happened at the same time the server crashed.

They running on the same server?

Yeah the site and the server are one the same machine... GoDaddy doesn't allow fsockopen to run on most ports, so I had to do it this way. When I woke up this morning, my computer's network was invalid... does that sometimes. Sorry for that :O I'll see if Godaddy will open up the port I need, but I've heard they never do.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: January 28, 2014, 11:44:42 am »

I tried hosting the website but just doing cross site ajax too, but evidently godaddy doesn't allow that either. Once I can afford a VPS I'm getting one for my business so at that point the website and the server will be on separate machines.

To those of you who played on it was the lag just horrible, or what?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: January 28, 2014, 11:47:51 am »

Reading all of that, it seems like its less a problem of yours and more a problem of chosen provider. Is there a different one that would do what you want instead?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: January 28, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »

To those of you who played on it was the lag just horrible, or what?
Well, it depends. Problems were only noticeable after dashing through the air a lot. And even then, I was watching videos while on the server, so there's the possibility that it's my end that's the problem.

The only way to definitely determine how horrible the lag is, is to have 6 or so people on the server at once and see how much the server lags.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: January 28, 2014, 12:19:38 pm »

Yeah, it should be in the op or something!
Or at least Bigs post.
I was asleep while things changed. I'll update my post soon.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: January 28, 2014, 12:56:12 pm »

I had no lag whilst playing. But the server didn't last long.

about what time did it crash? just curious

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: January 28, 2014, 01:46:46 pm »

Thanks Big, for that update.

Cached results are in, so you'll see less server interaction with the website. Also, I added a donate button in case you actually want to give me that 5 dollars, Tellemurius. lol
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 565