Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 933324 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6945 on: January 29, 2014, 01:18:47 pm »

Eh, dedicate each server to a different set of mods, and s'all good. Like one with those pair of Firefly themed mods, ammo overhaul, VitSoU, and Starscape. :u

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: January 29, 2014, 01:22:11 pm »

Eh, dedicate each server to a different set of mods, and s'all good. Like one with those pair of Firefly themed mods, ammo overhaul, VitSoU, and Starscape. :u
YES.
Firefly server, make it happen.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6947 on: January 29, 2014, 01:23:01 pm »

... Can't we just consolidate into one Starbound server, for christ's sake? This is getting out of hand.
Why? Why should some people shut down thier servers because you dislike choices?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: January 29, 2014, 01:24:04 pm »

... Can't we just consolidate into one Starbound server, for christ's sake? This is getting out of hand.
Why? Why should some people shut down thier servers because you dislike choices?

Because the Starbound universe is f*ing huge and gets more empty the fewer people are in it. If 20 people are split between 20 servers then you're just playing single player.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: January 29, 2014, 01:24:40 pm »

Because I believe he is talking more about pooling resources then shutting down choices?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: January 29, 2014, 01:26:35 pm »

Because I believe he is talking more about pooling resources then shutting down choices?
Because we don't have an extreme amount of Bay12 people playing Starbound as is, and having five servers doesn't help the problem.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6951 on: January 29, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »

Sounded like he wanted a single bay12 server, which means stopping others?

So I guess I won't set mine back up then. I'd hate to provide alternatives when others are down because that might split the community if they were both up at the same time. It's a silly demand when you could just organize HERE which one you want to play on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: January 29, 2014, 01:33:15 pm »

Forsaken, you know we all want to play on your server anyways.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6953 on: January 29, 2014, 01:36:01 pm »

Forsaken, you know we all want to play on your server anyways.  :P
Heh heh, I doubt that with all the trouble we had last time but I'm still planning to set it up. I'll probably include some mods too so I'll be taking suggestions on that if anyone has any.

Really so long as each server has its own theme or idea, I see no reason not to have them. Even multiple vanilla servers are good in the event of downtime.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: January 29, 2014, 01:39:14 pm »

Nah, that was game issues AFAIK. I remember your Terraria server pretty much always being stable and up.

I'll reiterate, Industrialization is a pretty great mod, and I don't think any of the other servers are using it. Might need to add a mod that increases coal spawnrate or improves the wood-to-coal ratio though, because it was about as rare as platinum on every world I explored, and I'm pretty sure that's because of I-mod.

3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6955 on: January 29, 2014, 01:41:41 pm »

Nah, that was game issues AFAIK. I remember your Terraria server pretty much always being stable and up.

I'll reiterate, Industrialization is a pretty great mod, and I don't think any of the other servers are using it. Might need to add a mod that increases coal spawnrate or improves the wood-to-coal ratio though, because it was about as rare as platinum on every world I explored, and I'm pretty sure that's because of I-mod.
My terraria server is STILL up fyi, though nobody ever ever logs in except my buddy's kids sometimes. At least it was up during my weekly checks on Sunday.

I will note down Industrialization. I've heard some things about a mod called StarFoundry as well. Any experience with it?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: January 29, 2014, 01:55:38 pm »

Can't say I have. Here's the modlist I'm using at the moment:

+Industrialization -- Can't play on a server without it unless I want a whole pile of work deleted every time I log on. Also, super useful both for improved involvement and utility lategame, as well as a resource sink.
+Balanced Wood to Coal (a bit overpowered, I think, but I couldn't find a more balanced one, and I'unno how to edit the ratio [or the coal spawnrate] myself now that pretty much all the game files are packed--which, incidentally, pissed me off) -- won't matter one way or another on my end, as it only affects a refining process.
+Silver's fuelmod -- Fixes the fuel rods from 50% the fuel of their components to 125%, making it worth refining fuel ore now. Also makes molten cores (from the UFO) fuel. Same as wood-to-coal re: compatibility. Don't use this. Finally got a chance to test it, and it looks like the... guy (I'll be charitable) managed to fuck up something this simple.
+Dyeing Bucket -- Pretty nifty mod that is mostly compatible with other mods and vanilla MP; lets you mix many more dyes and dye damned near everything you can wear or swing; something you've dyed in SP will still be the new color in a server without the mod.
+Stimlab -- Adds R&D stim-crafting process that uses all farmable plants, allows you to discover recipes and make stims with a multitude of different effects. Haven't tested it much, but it looks fairly balanced and seems to be a nice way to sink resources into something useful in the lategame.
+Furniture Recycling -- I think I mentioned it here earlier, lets you break down furniture you've looted for the same pixel price that you'd pay to print it. All it adds is a single station which is simple enough to replace. It's a nice way to help pay for all that expensive research, but more importantly it gives you a reason other than kleptomania to steal everything that isn't nailed down.
+Whatever the name of the current freebuild ship mod is: Duh. Build a kickass ship out of blocks, take it into vanilla MP no problem.

Red: Incompatible with vanilla, will delete items from the client's ship and inventory upon joining.
Orange: Technically incompatible with vanilla, but lost items are minor and trivial to replace.
Green: Vanilla-compatible.
Blue: Technically incompatible, but only difference is that certain processes have different levels of output in SP and vanilla MP.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:30:18 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6958 on: January 29, 2014, 02:02:06 pm »

Thanks guys! I will check those out and see what I want to include.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: January 29, 2014, 02:05:47 pm »

They included an unpacker specifically because they packed the files, Flying Dice. I don't know how usable it is, but its there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 565