Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 931446 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7890 on: July 02, 2014, 09:31:13 am »

Let this be a lesson to everyone: Do not buy into hype. Do not pay money in advance for promises.
._.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: July 02, 2014, 09:34:46 am »

Let this be a lesson to everyone: Do not buy into hype. Do not pay money in advance for promises.

It was sort of hard, considering this is Terraria in spess. D:

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: July 02, 2014, 09:43:20 am »

It was sort of hard, considering this is Terraria in spess. D:

Yeah, I know that feeling.  Pretty much every Kickstarter I backed, every early access game I bought into, played hard on that "this thing you loved before, but better" feeling.  It's probably the only thing powerful enough to overcome my pessimism about early access. 
Actually, glancing over my history, that's even more true than I thought.  Reading Rainbow, Dreamfall, Numenera, Project Eternity...the only projects I really bought into that weren't like that were The Mandate and Minecraft.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: July 02, 2014, 09:49:40 am »

I'd expect at least a handgun in the glove compartment.

It's a fucking space ship.

It's going to have a long range weapon somewhere if you stole it, which implies you took it while it was docked and presumably no one was on board at the time.
First off, you didn't steal the ship. Well, I think the Floran does, aswell as the Apex, but otherwise, it's yours.

And THEY'RE WORKING ON SPACE COMBAT, JESUS, PATIENCE. And guns in that game can be pretty freaking OP.

Second off, I still love this game. I'll still support Chucklefish. Because I bought into the beta, and FUCKING LOVED IT. I still do.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: July 02, 2014, 11:49:08 am »

Tbh I don't find much cause for alarm. I dont think they ever made a promisse then falled back and ended up not doing it. Admitelly, the whole thing with their forum moderators and admin shenanigans is shady (but, to be honest, this sort of thing has happened with pretty much every community that exists around a game in development that I've seen, except DF, altough DF isn't really a normal project or a normal community), but the devs haven't done anything that isn't really expected of a game that is very much in development.

I never expected this game to be anything more then terraria in space, and so far its proven to be more then that, so I'm pleased so far? I dont really care about horses with boobs tbh.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: July 02, 2014, 12:04:05 pm »

What hype? What promises? I don't know about people who kickstarted this, but when I bought the game I knew exactly what I was getting, and I got my money's worth of fun out of it and its continuing updates. Yes, the updates have slowed, and the team may as well be comprised of sociopaths and trolls for all I know (or care), but that doesn't change that I've already had quite a lot of fun with this game. And, time and mood allowing, will probably continue to have fun. Especially if updates do continue.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: July 02, 2014, 12:09:05 pm »

^ Pretty much this. I dont know what people hyped up about starbound apart from it being "terraria in space", and we already have more then that and will be getting more in the future as it approaches 1.0 :I
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: July 02, 2014, 12:11:22 pm »

^ Pretty much this. I dont know what people hyped up about starbound apart from it being "terraria in space", and we already have more then that and will be getting more in the future as it approaches 1.0 :I
Exactly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: July 02, 2014, 12:31:23 pm »

What hype? Just look at the first pages of this thread. You'll see a lot of hype.
._.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: July 02, 2014, 01:32:47 pm »

The game's already passed my target "entertainment time : money spent" ratio, so I'm not regretting the purchase.  Anything beyond that I count as a bonus.

I don't frequent any gaming community forums other than this one, because every single one I've ever seen has had a large amount of (to my mind entirely unnecessary) drama attached, be it driven by mods, community, forum glitches, spambots, whatever.  This is no exception.  I think I've been on the CF forums once.  I honestly couldn't care less what's being said/done over there at the moment.  *shrugs*

...the team may as well be comprised of sociopaths and trolls for all I know (or care), but that doesn't change that I've already had quite a lot of fun with this game.

Pretty much where I'm at right now as well.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: July 02, 2014, 02:24:10 pm »

You never looked at the features page? Trust me people didn't buy the game on only the basis of Terraria in Space... it was people who were negative about the game who didn't buy it on the basis of "terraria in space"

The game's already passed my target "entertainment time : money spent" ratio

I just don't think in this mindset. constant grinding for 100 hours doesn't 15 dollars make.

To me games need to be tall and wide. A 15 dollar game needs to climb the 15 dollar peak and go the 15 dollar mile.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:39:47 pm by Neonivek »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: July 02, 2014, 03:51:31 pm »

I'm not disappointed in the game, I'm disappointed in the devs.

At this point, I'd be willing to lose starbound to prove to them they're being grade-A twats, but Steam.

Yeah that about sums it up. It really confuses me how many times the two are conflated, even though I wish we did have... SOMEthing to prove the game is actually progressing on track now that everything's settled and productivity was supposed to skyrocket.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: July 02, 2014, 04:06:13 pm »

I'm not disappointed in the game, I'm disappointed in the devs.

At this point, I'd be willing to lose starbound to prove to them they're being grade-A twats, but Steam.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Thing is, being disappointed in the devs is a much bigger problem when a game is in early access. You've basically paid money on the promise that the devs are going to keep things on track.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: July 04, 2014, 10:15:46 am »

Anyone know a better mining t echnique than just digging straight down into a cave and going berry-picking?
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: July 04, 2014, 10:17:53 am »

Anyone know a better mining t echnique than just digging straight down into a cave and going berry-picking?

Moons and Asteroid fields are far superior mining places... as are Desert planets (but for mining ease, not for material abundance).

Otherwise? no...

The game is all grind and nothing but the grind right now and pretty much forever.
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 565