Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 931252 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #8370 on: December 15, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »

well it seems CF is on a fresh banning spree on the steam forums in preparation for their patch.  Just got one:

Ban notification from a forum moderator    — 19 minutes ago
You have been banned from Starbound Discussions
You have been banned from Starbound Discussions by a forum moderator for your post in "Starbound ":
Reporter: corrosivechains
Thread: why can't anyone get along [FORUMPOST:4471358:General:0:617321352121694086:617321352152396670]

Originally posted by Original Post:
Originally posted by Grimcreaper:
Almost all of us get a long decently enough. We have differing opinions and we express them but most of us dont get agitated. Theres only a few here and there that try and start flame wars now and they tend to get banned for trolling or being outright aggressive.

How on earth haven't you been banned yet then!!??

Originally posted by Report:
because he stands for liberal truth, social justice, and the chucklfish way!

Ban Reason:
Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation, or Post Reporting Systems

Please review the Discussions Rules and Guidelines.

This is a permanent ban.

note: this was a response I made like 2-3 weeks ago

edit: screenshot of the ban

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z120/corrosivechains/banned_zpsf4f72681.jpg
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:26:23 pm by corrosivechains »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: December 15, 2014, 06:16:17 pm »

What the hell did you even try there?
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: December 15, 2014, 06:24:52 pm »

I'm having some trouble parsing that.  The "reporter" was...  You?  And you reported a guy for saying:
"because he stands for liberal truth, social justice, and the chucklfish way!"

And they gave you a permaban?  The whole thing is really confusing to me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: December 15, 2014, 06:26:49 pm »

yeah, you guys aren't the only ones confused.

edit: also edited the post to include a screenshot of my permaban
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:33:29 pm by corrosivechains »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: December 15, 2014, 06:33:31 pm »

At the least, I'm confused because I cannot tell what in the world that post is trying to say with all of the formatting stripped out.  For instance, did Grimcreaper write one paragraph?  Two paragraphs?  Did he copy the whole thing?  Is that "Originally posted by Report" the reason given in the report made to the mod, or actually in the original post that was reported?

EDIT: Ah, and the screenshot clarifies things a little, but not by much.  At the least, it actually contains the formatting, which helps a little.  I suppose the question is what you did before this ban.  Did you report a post for moderation (since it says you're the reporter)?  Did you give a particular reason for the request for moderation, which may or may not the text in the "Originally posted by Report" blip? 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:37:14 pm by Culise »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: December 15, 2014, 06:37:18 pm »

Hmm, if I read that correctly, you got banned for criticizing the moderators banning policy (ban those against, not those with). Yes? I mean, I deffinitly don't think it's a bannable offence, but knowing their heavy handedness you were kinda asking for it.

"But, biting my had off is way over-reacting to me poking him in the nose"
"HE'S A BEAR!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: December 15, 2014, 06:42:56 pm »

I don't think I'll really miss hunger that much. The new food buff system they're introducing means that food will be a little more meaningful, rather than a "oh I see my bar is low I'd better shove something down my throat" kind of deal. It also makes food more useful for COMBAT, so people I play with will finally appreciate my weird tendency to become the cook/support role in every game ever.

All in all, I'm liking the look of the update. Can't wait for January.

They had food buffs previously. One of the reasons to actually create the more advanced foods was to both satiate your hunger and get a sizable bonus at the same time.

The Hunger system itself wasn't a good onto itself, but it did create a certain feel to the game. Mostly in creating its survivalist edge.

Though I do think it is rather apt that you are referring to MMORPGs all of a sudden.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:46:05 pm by Neonivek »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: December 15, 2014, 06:52:25 pm »

I love that ban logic. Anything referring to bans is bannable. Mentioning reporting someone is bannable. Mentioning not getting along is bannable.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: December 15, 2014, 06:57:00 pm »

I love that ban logic. Anything referring to bans is bannable. Mentioning reporting someone is bannable. Mentioning not getting along is bannable.

-Darkmere has been banned for thinking about banning-
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: December 15, 2014, 07:11:51 pm »

like I said the whole thing is confusing.  No I didn't report anyone and the comment listed for why I was banned would seem to fit more the post before mine(IE them asking why Grim wasn't banned).  I guess in Soviet Chucklefish...

edit: got some clarification it was for "abusing the report system".  Which I hadn't used in months, except one accidental report that I stated was on accident in the thread it happened in.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:23:49 pm by corrosivechains »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: December 15, 2014, 07:19:51 pm »

It is becoming more typical now adays. Either shutting down the forums and comments entirely or censoring anyone who shows any amount of dissent.

Chucklefish are just the people who did it first. In fact Steam might eventually allow companies to selectively delete reviews eventually, it isn't unusual for companies to collectively downvote negative reviews.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: December 15, 2014, 10:22:45 pm »

Apparently a lot of people are getting banned and threads being deleted on their steam forums.  Seems like CF is trying to remove negativity from the steam forums in preperation of the big "Stolen From Our Talented Modders Koala" patch.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: December 15, 2014, 11:53:39 pm »

Apparently a lot of people are getting banned and threads being deleted on their steam forums.  Seems like CF is trying to remove negativity from the steam forums in preperation of the big "Stolen From Our Talented Modders Koala" patch.

But are they downvoting negative reviews?

*Checks*

See nothing too bad.

More companies should follow suit. See how much happier people are without dissent.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:00:20 am by Neonivek »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: December 15, 2014, 11:59:49 pm »

I hate to be the supposed "fanboy defender" (Why do I always do this for just about everything ever) but that seems like a bit of a drastic claim. Is there any proof that they A.) Had content from mods in the next patch (They probably do, but this is more of a good thing) and B.) Didn't have permission from the modders? (even then, they don't need permission, though it would be bad if they didn't get it)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: December 16, 2014, 12:01:45 am »

I think it is more an exaggerated claim that mostly speaks about how a lot of the content from patches come from the modding community, sometimes even dwarfing the Chucklefishes own content.

It would be a fair comment if it wasn't such a hyperbole.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 565