Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 932643 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #8385 on: December 16, 2014, 02:04:43 am »

Apparently a lot of people are getting banned and threads being deleted on their steam forums.  Seems like CF is trying to remove negativity from the steam forums in preperation of the big "Stolen From Our Talented Modders Koala" patch.

But are they downvoting negative reviews?

*Checks*

See nothing too bad.

More companies should follow suit. See how much happier people are without dissent.

Oh yeah. Everything's sunshine and roses until you go somewhere the mods don't have direct control to ban anyone who says mean things. Like, most places.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: December 16, 2014, 02:12:06 am »

Better yet when people go onto those forums and see all those happy people, they will be much more inclined to buy the game because everyone is stunningly into the product.

In fact it is probably a great reason why Chucklefish should continue doing it to its Steam community.

After all people do gauge a game based off of both community involvement and what they are saying.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: December 16, 2014, 02:27:01 am »

Any of you Bay folk know if the upcoming patch is anticipated to break saves, or are we past that point?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: December 16, 2014, 02:36:38 am »

All they know is how to renounce Chucklefish the demon and bait the mods into banning them then post pictures of their ban and pretend they weren't doing it.

>.>

<.<

We don't know either.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: December 16, 2014, 02:43:59 am »

Well they did say they would never have to break saves ever again. So I don't see why this would change anything.

All they know is how to renounce Chucklefish the demon and bait the mods into banning them then post pictures of their ban and pretend they weren't doing it.

True, but I have heard of other companies doing stuff similar to this. I do honestly believe this will become more common place.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:06:54 am by Neonivek »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8390 on: December 16, 2014, 04:05:43 am »

Yes... Clearly, the best way to keep people happy is to kick out everyone who isn't happy. It's 100% effective. And look how much more money the company makes when no one is allowed to criticize them. This is the secret to success. From this point onward, all forum posts must be made in Newspeak. We have always been at war with Oceana.

Big Brother is watching, keeping you safe from bad thoughts.

*Dives behind sandbags.*

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: December 16, 2014, 04:21:15 am »

We've always been at war with Eastasia. Big Brother is the head of Ingsoc which controls Oceania. You'd already have been sent to Room 101 for being a filthy casual. :P

Teasing aside, while the winter update does look rather promising I have been rather jaded at the development pace Starbound has been going. I've never bothered with the nightlies since I like to have a nice stable server to play on with a couple friends. The massive gap between version meant we all abandoned Starbound only a few months after release and future interest has all been pretty middling.

Maybe a new release and about 50 fuckmoles of concentrated mods could motivate us to fire up a new server. Guess we'll have to see.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: December 16, 2014, 05:09:08 am »

All this talk about Starbound has made me install and play Terraria again :)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: December 16, 2014, 10:26:56 am »

I think it is more an exaggerated claim that mostly speaks about how a lot of the content from patches come from the modding community, sometimes even dwarfing the Chucklefishes own content.

It would be a fair comment if it wasn't such a hyperbole.

This.  Was just pointing out the majority of the update has existed as mods for months now.  Just pop into The Nexus to see my point.  It was a bit of hyperbole because I know they do have some flimsy contracts they hand out when they're going to use a modder's idea in the game...I know this because a modder brought it up who had agreed to it but then something happened on CF's end that made the modder unhappy.  And yes, I'll be the first to admit that I've made snarky comments on the steam forums.  Hell I make snarky comments here too.  I'm a snarky curmudgeon.  That said, a LOT of people are getting temporary bans for BS reasons like "posting deleted content".  IE, showing timelines and links to prove Tiy or Molly said things that CF defenders keep denying when there is actual phsyical proof they exist.

If providing proof for something is going to net you a ban, shouldn't then the person asking for the proof also receive a ban as well?  That's the very definition of baiting someone.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: December 16, 2014, 01:55:24 pm »

Some screens of the new race option:

I love this game  :D

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: December 16, 2014, 02:02:02 pm »

All this talk about Starbound has made me install and play Terraria again :)
Why not? Starbound is still a bit dissatisfying in its current state, so I've been playing a lot of Terraria. Boy that game has a lot of stuff in it. I hope that Starbound will have that same form of long-lasting progression, where there always seems to be something else for you to find or unlock or craft or kill. Sandbox games (Minecraft comes to mind) where the content is a bit samey so you've seen pretty much everything within a few hours of gameplay and are then left with nothing really unique or fun to discover aren't my favorite.

notreallyaneditbuttherewasaninjasothiswillbeconsideredanedit: are the alpacas real? I haven't checked out the devlog in a couple weeks, so I'll have to go check that out again, but that is hilarious if they actually go through with it.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: December 16, 2014, 02:07:36 pm »

Also, kudos to whoever made them for coming up with new animations, instead of working off the humanoid template.

I'd play Terraria, but I keep building my base as a ship/station at the top of the map, then not wanting to go to hardmode because the wyverns will massacre my NPCs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: December 16, 2014, 02:10:47 pm »

What!   :o  Is that real, or a mod?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: December 16, 2014, 02:11:30 pm »

Most likely a mod.

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: December 16, 2014, 03:14:49 pm »

Most likely a mod.

In the last image of the blog post you can see it is an armour set. They said I could be whatever I wanted, so I became Alpaca.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/16th-of-december-alien-alpaca-blog.87132/

By the way does anybody know how can I insert an hiperlink inside a string so it becomes clickable?, I dont remember how to do it .
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 565