Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 924174 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #1170 on: April 14, 2013, 08:01:39 pm »

No, YOU built an apartment complex.
I buildt an actual town with a fully furnished huse for each NPC.

Yeah the problem is that you couldn't get to house 5 without walking thru the living rooms of house 1, 2, 3 and 4 first.

Myself, I tried to recreate the village from Dawn of Sorrow.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 14, 2013, 08:05:47 pm »

Yeah the problem is that you couldn't get to house 5 without walking thru the living rooms of house 1, 2, 3 and 4 first.
Maybe if you were boring or didn't use platforms :P

Seriously, I hollowed out an entire mountain and build a freaking castle out of it while still retaining it's original shape. None of the NPC homes had to go through others and each had their own decor and building materials. I'm already drawing up plans for my Starbound home base, and I'm sure it will see modifications once the game is released.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 14, 2013, 08:33:26 pm »

Seriously, I hollowed out an entire mountain and build a freaking castle out of it while still retaining it's original shape. None of the NPC homes had to go through others and each had their own decor and building materials. I'm already drawing up plans for my Starbound home base, and I'm sure it will see modifications once the game is released.

So I'm boring because Ultimuh decided to make an actual town with fully furnished houses instead of cavepartments? I don't follow your logic.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 14, 2013, 08:38:13 pm »

So I'm boring because Ultimuh decided to make an actual town with fully furnished houses instead of cavepartments? I don't follow your logic.

Well I dont think you are.
Any way, we all play differently.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 14, 2013, 08:41:41 pm »

What I mean is if you simply built some 9x6 rectangles made of the same material all in a row with no way to visit one NPC without running through another's house, that's boring in my mind. My cavepartments were all on different levels and none of them were connected to each other, except two who were shacking up.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 14, 2013, 08:43:13 pm »

What I mean is if you simply built some 9x6 rectangles made of the same material all in a row with no way to visit one NPC without running through another's house, that's boring in my mind. My cavepartments were all on different levels and none of them were connected to each other, except two who were shacking up.

Wait, so if someone wants to make something that looks like a town, with actual houses on a flat surface, roofs, gardens and everything, and doors in an actual ground floor, instead of some mess of catwalks, he's not trying to make a good rendition of a nice cozy village, but is being boring instead? Okay dude.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:47:59 pm by Sergius »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 14, 2013, 08:49:24 pm »

Wait, so if someone wants to make something that looks like a town, with actual houses on a flat surface, roofs, gardens and everything, and doors in an actual ground floor, instead of some mess of catwalks, he's not trying to make a good rendition of a nice cozy village, but is being boring instead? Okay dude.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, when you want to run to the local grocery store you have to go through all of your neighbor's houses?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 14, 2013, 08:49:58 pm »

And i pee further than all of you. Now on a more serious note, could we get back on the subject please? if you want to argue about terraria design please do so in the right topic. Thank you.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 14, 2013, 08:51:38 pm »

And i pee further than all of you.

Thanks for the information.

So, when you want to run to the local grocery store you have to go through all of your neighbor's houses?

So, you mean that the problem I highlighted, is a problem?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 14, 2013, 08:52:49 pm »

Now on a more serious note, could we get back on the subject please? if you want to argue about terraria design please do so in the right topic. Thank you.
Yeah, alright.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 15, 2013, 01:17:10 am »

I really hope they eventually add customizable spaceships instead of their current "semi-customizable".

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 15, 2013, 02:34:20 am »

Well I think that's at least an improvement to suare-ish constructions of a single material.
No way is it boring, and it clearly shows creativity.

edit:
Any way, I am kinda hyped for Starbound at the moment, tough I probably must tone it down a little so that the game meets expectations. :p
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:58:15 am by Ultimuh »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 15, 2013, 02:57:40 am »

The thing in Starbound is, everything is customizable. Construction-wise anyway. Or to be more specific, you can definitely paint it whatever colour you want.

So, the question is, can you paint further than me?

If we get a couple of planets going for B12, some hardcore, some easy, some to just breed cats on for the inevitable catsplosions and/or orbital bombardment defense (and practice there-of), can we make a rule to not grief each other out with the painting tool? Unless it's really, really funny?
It's a game. Have fun.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 15, 2013, 02:59:51 am »

If we get a couple of planets going for B12, some hardcore, some easy, some to just breed cats on for the inevitable catsplosions and/or orbital bombardment defense (and practice there-of), can we make a rule to not grief each other out with the painting tool? Unless it's really, really funny?

Well I usually try the singleplayer aspect of a new game before I try my hand at multiplayer.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 15, 2013, 03:02:06 am »

The thing in Starbound is, everything is customizable. Construction-wise anyway.

Which is kinda like saying that your room is customizable in that you can paint the walls but not move the furniture, adjust the ceiling, or alter the walls.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 565