Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 924009 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5580 on: December 13, 2013, 12:48:46 pm »

Poos are probably the cutest monsters in the universe.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: December 13, 2013, 12:48:46 pm »

Found an apex lab. There was a maze with tons of tesla spikes. After many deaths, I finally go through ... wait, I've seen this before. The maze was forming a loop :(

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: December 13, 2013, 12:55:12 pm »

I tunneled to bypass that maze and went backwards and ended up in the beginning, marked by my tunnel. Going through that maze anyways made the tunnel pointless and to add more salt to the wound, the prize is a tech I found just outside the lab.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #5583 on: December 13, 2013, 12:57:12 pm »

I actually can't bring myself to leave this planet just yet. It's an ice planet and it's an extra-beautiful one. I've gotten a few thousand blocks of purple ice for later use in construction (glad ice doesn't melt yet), and I've just found some interesting types of stone deep underground, and some awesome-looking purple tar. Plus my very first diamonds and a whole heap of various ores, including plenty of silver and gold.

Now I've got that song from the classic stop-motion Rudolph film, that "silver and gold" song... Digging through a winter wonderland... It seems so appropriate.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: December 13, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »

Join failed! Unknown server version.

Now what is this?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: December 13, 2013, 01:03:32 pm »

Ahahahaha! It works!

The flowers now properly give seeds!

It turns out that one too many commas broke the camel's back.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:49 pm »

Oh..
Oh my god.
So, when I was little, I had the Narnia complete series. I LOVED the Silver Throne, especially the part with the city under the ground.
Then I fell through a cave, saved by a pool of water. There were iron lanterns everywhere, and ores of every type.
My first thought: Oh god, I've fallen into Prism.
Screenshots when I figure out how to get Steam screenshots here.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: December 13, 2013, 01:27:15 pm »

Or just Alt-Printscreen and then paste into an image file. Unless you're on Mac, in which case I have no idea.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5588 on: December 13, 2013, 01:31:47 pm »

Screenshots when I figure out how to get Steam screenshots here.

When you're in most Steam pages on the Steam application, you can right click and "Copy Page URL". Just go to your screenshots and copy the page's URL from there.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: December 13, 2013, 01:45:39 pm »

Nooooooooo the server's borked again. And we were just getting the "town" planet built up good, too. Nice orderly ziggurats made of sandstone and cobblestone, it's fabulous. The main dorm zig is almost done. How do we plan on assigning rooms? First come, first serve and you supply your own furniture?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: December 13, 2013, 01:46:11 pm »

Fun times with much music. Thanks for the contributions to the space tree.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: December 13, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »

I can't wait until server issues are figured out. I'm glad these guys made such a great game and I'm willing to wait. c:

I've gotten over the attachment to my characters so far - I just remake my Lady Wolfram Glitch every time there's a wipe. Plus it gives me so much more to explore! Though I do miss my cute little alien friends sometimes.

And Sappho, the poos are one of the few hardcoded monster types, along with the mechanical spiders. It's a ridiculously hard dungeon, and I found one in the alpha sector.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: December 13, 2013, 02:10:23 pm »

I found a forest planet where the background is giant brains and the trees have little brains on them.

I think it may be a stealth pun- it's a brainforest.
That's incredible.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #5593 on: December 13, 2013, 02:11:33 pm »

I can't wait until server issues are figured out. I'm glad these guys made such a great game and I'm willing to wait. c:

I've gotten over the attachment to my characters so far - I just remake my Lady Wolfram Glitch every time there's a wipe. Plus it gives me so much more to explore! Though I do miss my cute little alien friends sometimes.

And Sappho, the poos are one of the few hardcoded monster types, along with the mechanical spiders. It's a ridiculously hard dungeon, and I found one in the alpha sector.

I found mine on the first planet I visited after my starting one. Not going back there anytime soon!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: December 13, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »

Yeah, I got hit hard by the poo, too. I wanna take it on and claim the outhouse as my home but eeeeeeh. Avians are nicer folk and it feels right having a Floran living under some stairs.

Quote from: Avian mother
Be good kids, or else the Floran GreenDrinker's gonna get you in your sleep!

I think that would be fun, but kids aren't a thing. Also, the shop keeps with no clothes on don't sell anything. I find that funny.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 565