Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 933077 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7410 on: February 19, 2014, 02:08:35 am »

Hmm, maybe if I imported my ship into starstructor first...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: February 19, 2014, 02:15:12 am »

Ok, there's a new patch, but don't touch it yet either.

What's happening is, containers are opening fine without crashing, but any containers offship that disappeared if you tried loading your character just after the first new patch stay gone. That's not the bad part though: I have 3 characters. The 2 that I did not try to play the first version of Enraged Koala with just had their ship's lockers vanish.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: February 19, 2014, 04:25:19 am »

Server's up, but in light of the issues, I suggest making a new character for now...!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7413 on: February 19, 2014, 06:28:42 am »

Yeah, I think I'm going to take a break until the general consensus is that the game is fixed. I put too much time and work into my plans to have them upset...

Maybe I'll use creative mode (which will hopefully still work) to quickly fix up a new character and gather loads of blocks to use in building my library planet. That way I don't lose too much time. After this week (my school has "spring" break so I don't have much work), I won't have so much spare time to work on it.

Tylui, once I start making serious progress on the library, is there any chance you would be willing to back up the planets (or at least that one planet, if it's possible) so when they wipe the universe again, all that work won't be lost?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: February 19, 2014, 10:44:48 am »

Beds don't seem to work anymore.
D:
Destroy it and place it again, it should work then.

Also, waiting for the next hotpatch to fix shiplockers and chests really sucks D:

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: February 19, 2014, 10:48:04 am »

Got back into Starbound after installing a force field mod so I didn't have to worry too much about meteorites. I'm still working on my post-apocalyptic themed hell hole. I've almost finished the "mess hall".
[I'm running the older version until all the mods are confirmed happy and there's no game breaking bugs]

While I think it's decent I can't shake the feeling that there's a piece of design wrong with it. I think it might be the scaffolding at the start of the "building" which I think might be distracting from the overall shape, the wooden platform bits seem a bit odd as well.
Spoiler: huge image (click to show/hide)
Ignore the meat in the sky, leftovers from a previous project. The empty top part will be a little kitchen area if I can squeeze in it. I also have to decide if I want to level to the ground after coming off the mess hall or if I want to link it to some kind of tall building. I like the concept of residential towers made of rickety scrap linked by shoddy sky bridges, it would also give the base much needed vertical space.   

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: February 19, 2014, 10:51:29 am »

What a cutie floran! Also, I like your design (though maybe it would look nicer without the wooden scaffolding on the roof to the right)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: February 19, 2014, 10:57:19 am »

I may as well get a start on this. I just need to avoid chests and lockers for the next couple days apparently. :P

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: February 19, 2014, 11:02:30 am »

Actually, I think starting a new universe would avoid the issue. It's just that I don't want to restart. :/
It wouldn't hurt to start a new game and check in any case, if you don't have anything invested in your current savefile.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: February 19, 2014, 11:44:20 am »

Actually, I think starting a new universe would avoid the issue. It's just that I don't want to restart. :/
It wouldn't hurt to start a new game and check in any case, if you don't have anything invested in your current savefile.

I believe new games avoid the issue. I dropped a copper ore into the locker, saved and quit, and checked on it. The ore was still there. New games should stop things from disappearing as far as I can tell.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: February 19, 2014, 12:11:22 pm »

Yeah, I think I'm going to take a break until the general consensus is that the game is fixed. I put too much time and work into my plans to have them upset...

Maybe I'll use creative mode (which will hopefully still work) to quickly fix up a new character and gather loads of blocks to use in building my library planet. That way I don't lose too much time. After this week (my school has "spring" break so I don't have much work), I won't have so much spare time to work on it.

Tylui, once I start making serious progress on the library, is there any chance you would be willing to back up the planets (or at least that one planet, if it's possible) so when they wipe the universe again, all that work won't be lost?
Absolutely willing to. :) In fact, once things are a little stable and I get a wrapper going, I might just auto-backup all the planets on startup of the server just in case something goes weird, or anyone wants it, whatever.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7421 on: February 19, 2014, 01:41:25 pm »

Absolutely willing to. :) In fact, once things are a little stable and I get a wrapper going, I might just auto-backup all the planets on startup of the server just in case something goes weird, or anyone wants it, whatever.

Yay!

So is the game stable now, if I log in with my usual character? Or should I create a new one for now?

If I create a new character and go into single-player mode, will it generate a new universe? Or can I visit my base from my other character and get my stuff? I had SO MUCH sweet loot, so many vanity items...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: February 19, 2014, 01:45:11 pm »

I lost a lot of containers. It's a good thing I keep everything important to me on my character. It's a bad thing because I have not even 16 slots open. It's also bad that I have a sandbox ship because the default wall storage unit is now gone. Oh well. I think my musical instrument chest still exists.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: February 19, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »

It is too late for me, but read the latest bit about Enraged Koala on the Starbound website, particularly:

WARNING: If you have not yet started playing, please make a backup of your ship file, which is located in your steam folder/player/*.shipworld and backups of your world files located in your steam folder/universe/*.world

and back up your files for characters who have stuff you can't bear to lose!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: February 19, 2014, 02:22:10 pm »

I should have known better and unfortunately my last backup save copy is quite old. I might try to recoup things from the old save by cannibalizing the ship contents.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 565