Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which household shound be focused on for the second week?

Eientei Household (Eirin, Kaguya, Mokou, Keine, Reisen, Tewi)
- 2 (33.3%)
Hakugyokurou Household (Yuyuko, Youmu)
- 0 (0%)
Hakurei Household (Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Suika)
- 2 (33.3%)
Team (9) Household (Letty, Cirno, Wriggle, Mystia, Rumia, Daiyousei).
- 0 (0%)
Yakumo Household (Yukari, Ran, Chen)
- 1 (16.7%)
Scarlet Devil Mansion (Remilia, Flandre, Sakuya, Meiling, Patchouli, Koakuma)
- 0 (0%)
Single Household #1 (Yuuka Kazami)
- 0 (0%)
Single Household #2 (Nitori Kawashiro)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Sims 3: Touhou: Denizens of Digital Enviroments *Update 14*  (Read 38381 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
The Sims 3: Touhou: Denizens of Digital Enviroments *Update 14*
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:22:37 am »

Let’s Play The Sims 3: Touhou Edition.

Hey there everydwarf and welcome to my first attempt of a Let's Play. I do hope you enjoy this as much as I will and I shall be eager to listen to any comments and criticisms you level my way.
Due to the nature of this Let's Play, there may be quite a few references to aspects of the fandom or other obscure things, like here we have references to Cacame, Captain Ironblood and !!FUN!!. Viewer discretion is required.

:::Wall of Text AWAY!::

I realise that there’s already 3 (possibly only 2 now) Let’s Play’s of  The Sims 3, but what was severely lacking was the amount of Touhou. Plus I've been playing it a fair bit and I can't think of any other games right now that I could do. I have The Sims 3 base as well as World Adventures, I might get some of the other expansions, but we'll see.

For those of you not familiar with it, Touhou is a series of bullet hell games created by “Team Shanghai Alice” consisting of one man, Zun. Known for the games difficulty, large cast of characters and huge amounts of fan created content; it is sometimes said that if it exists, there is a Touhou version of it.

Even for Dwarf Fortress, there exists the mod Suika Fortress, replacing the dwarves with drunken oni, Suika Ibuki. (Sadly, I don't have a clothes mod for her)

After a long time of searching I’ve found a set of clothing mods that add Touhou characters to The Sims 3, and have since added them and divided most of them up into households. I’ve long toyed with the idea of performing a Let’s Play, so I can’t think of a better time to go through with it then the present.

Below is a list of the characters by household that I have clothes for, as well as traits, and a link to their respective Wiki character page. This list is also how I’ve organised them in game. I’m leaving it up to all of you to tell me which household to focus on (I might focus on one household for each in game week, switching between them)

::NOTE: Please don’t feel that you are obliged to read all of the below. It is a lot of information and I can completely understand not wanting to read all of it. In fact, I feel it would make things more interesting if those unfamiliar with the setting made suggestions as well::

(Note that since official material on the characters personalities is rather limited, I’ve taken the liberty of adding traits in line with how the fandom generally depicts them.)

Links and stuff:
http://loda.jp/tasavizsims3/
Touhou Cloth and hair mods (Note that some of the clothes are restricted to certain ages. Also, things like wings and hats are under accessories, the single pair of shoes is Keine’s.)   
The above clothes mods doesn't require any of the expansions for The Sims 3.
To download the above mods, the password "touhou" (Without quotes) has to be entered into the appropriate box. This goes for all of them, including the ones not related to Touhou.

Touhou is property of Zun.
Any artwork I use is property of Alphes (of Tasogare Frontier, except for a few which are done by fans mimicking his/her style.

::NOTE:: Ooo, please do note that any graphical anomalies you see in the screenshots do not show up within the game proper.

Solo Households:

Hakurei Household:
Spoiler:  Reimu Hakurei (click to show/hide)

Kirisame Household:
Spoiler: Marisa Kirisame (click to show/hide)

Margatroid Household:
Spoiler:  Alice Margatroid (click to show/hide)

Households:

Eientei Household:

Spoiler:  Kaguya Houraisan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Eirin Yagokoro (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tewi Inaba (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Keine Kamishirasawa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Fujiwara no Mokou (click to show/hide)

Scarlet Devil Mansion:

Spoiler:  Patchouli Knowledge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Koakuma (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Sakuya Izayoi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Hong Meiling (click to show/hide)

Yakumo Household:
 ( I tried to represent the fact that Ran and Chen are shikigami, so Chen is the daughter of Ran and Ran is the sister (I couldn’t choose daughter) of Yukari. If it bugs people I can change it).

Spoiler:  Yukari Yakumo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ran Yakumo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chen (click to show/hide)

Team (9) Household

Spoiler: Letty Whiterock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Cirno (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daiyousei (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rumia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Mystia Lorelei (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Wriggle Nightbug (click to show/hide)

Hakugyokurou Household:

Spoiler:  Yuyuko Saigyouji (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Youmu Konpaku (click to show/hide)

Right, that’s all of the households. Mention a household you’d like to choose and I’ll tally up the votes and we can get started.

:::Note:: The households that you don’t choose I’ll place down into the neighbourhood where they can fit. Thankfully the computer AI isn’t bothered by things like a lack of beds or no income so they should be fine until we get around to them.

On the actual Let's Play: I was thinking of doing it in the usual update style, where the viewers can choose the characters jobs, actions and motives. I'll work with what you present me and add some dialog to go along with what happens.

Now, let’s get this train wreck a rolling!

Neighbourhood: Sunset Valley

Households:
Hakurei
Kirisame
Margatroid
Eientei
Scarlet Devil Mansion
Hakugyokurou
Team (9)

Please state below which household you’d like to see played for the first week. I'll leave tallying up the results until either tomorrow or I deem there's a sufficient landslide.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:42:44 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play The Sims 3: Touhou Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:51:51 am »

YESYESYES

I cannot decide between the Koumakan, Eientei, or Team ⑨

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:22:56 am »

Why do all their faces fall smack dab in the uncanny valley?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:27:59 am »

Gonna have to cast my vote for scarlet devil mansion, because hey, nothing better than having a sadistic maid and butt monkey gatekeeper.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:10:13 am »

Sadly i expected more Dakka and less Touhou.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 06:59:13 pm »

...what.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 07:01:40 pm »

Why do all their faces fall smack dab in the uncanny valley?
Sims in general look weird.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 08:25:55 pm »

Yeah, I'd say it's caused by having rather cartoony clothes and hair on otherwise reasonably realistic bodies.

Anyhoo, based on what we've got so far, and my desire to get this going, it looks like we'll be starting off with the Scarlet Devil Mansion. I'll settle them in to their home and have an update in an hour or two.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 10:05:40 pm »

Right, we have a house, inhabitants and they're milling around outside the house. It's 8:30 on a Sunday and they have $1808 left.

I'll take suggestions as to what everyone should be doing, though I might suggest applying for some jobs as we're currently short 4 beds and lack room to place them all. Also there's one shower and a narrow staircase that is going to cause a huge amount of traffic congestion.

What everyones doing:
Remilia and Sakuya are down the street (as in the screenshots)
Flandre is talking to the mailbox.  :P
Koakuma is standing next to Flandre thinking about joining the music career now she doesn't have to tidy the library.
Meiling is inside exercising in front of the TV while Patchouli is getting tired just watching Meiling.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 10:14:33 pm »

They look a lot better when the camera isn't facing their front. And the text box with sprites thing is neato.
Go find Meiling some job related to guarding, perhaps?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 10:40:09 pm »

If possible, I recommend masks. Masks for everyone. Because g'damn. S'like those freaky ceramic doll things, just somehow uglier and more unsettling :-\

Comedy/tragedy masks or something would make everything better.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 11:01:01 pm »

Ohgodmyeyesarebleedingmakeitstop... Too many sims in silly costumes.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 11:30:30 pm »

I'll look into fixing up the faces some if it's bothering people that much. If you know of any guides or mods that could help than please post them. 

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 11:36:37 pm »

And now I need to learn how to do overlays like that. What'd you use to do that?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 12:12:04 am »

I used Adobe Illustrator for the box. Rounded rectangle, white border about 5 - 8 thickness, black fill at around 75% opacity.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6