Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which household shound be focused on for the second week?

Eientei Household (Eirin, Kaguya, Mokou, Keine, Reisen, Tewi)
- 2 (33.3%)
Hakugyokurou Household (Yuyuko, Youmu)
- 0 (0%)
Hakurei Household (Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Suika)
- 2 (33.3%)
Team (9) Household (Letty, Cirno, Wriggle, Mystia, Rumia, Daiyousei).
- 0 (0%)
Yakumo Household (Yukari, Ran, Chen)
- 1 (16.7%)
Scarlet Devil Mansion (Remilia, Flandre, Sakuya, Meiling, Patchouli, Koakuma)
- 0 (0%)
Single Household #1 (Yuuka Kazami)
- 0 (0%)
Single Household #2 (Nitori Kawashiro)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Sims 3: Touhou: Denizens of Digital Enviroments *Update 14*  (Read 38532 times)

IzayoiMokou

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 3: Touhou: Denizens of Digital Enviroments *Update 14*
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2012, 01:40:21 am »

What are the exact colors for the hair? And for most of the characters with ears going with their hair, they're both the same color for some reason. Am I doing something wrong?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 3: Touhou: Denizens of Digital Enviroments *Update 14*
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2012, 05:27:23 am »

Hnn, I think I just approximated the hair based on available art. Hairstyles for characters with ears (Reisen, Tewi, Mystia, etc) from what I remember are controlled by the various colour slots. So changing ear colour is controlled by hair highlight or somesuch.

Just a moment (Loads up game...)

Right, I'm looking at Reisen at the moment. I based hair colours off the art from Hisoutensoku (since those are the images I used in the Let's Play) Reisen has a pale violet-ish colour. In the Sim maker, go to hair and click the change colour icon in the bottom right of the menu that pops up. There's a number of different slots available for different colours of the hair. For Reisen, the top circle is highlight. Second, biggest circle is main colour, third circle is ear outer colour (would be white), and the lowest circle is for interior ear colour (I chose a dark pink). There's a colour wheel you can use to fine tune your choices.

To make all this a bit clearer. The entire hair section, whether it contains ears, ribbons, bows or whatever, is all counted as editable hair when it comes to changing colour.

One thing else I might mention is that certain graphics in the Sim Maker might look a little odd, with triangles and weird shading. This would be a leftover from when the models were made but it has no effect in game from what I remember. (Eg, Reisen's skirt has a lot of visible rectangle polygons, but they aren't visible in actual gameplay.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]