Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bards are offering to entertain our citizens! How should they do this?

Singing and dancing and other peaceful forms of- pfffhahahah
- 4 (15.4%)
Ablative meat armour
- 1 (3.8%)
Arena fights against wildlife
- 5 (19.2%)
Arena fights against each other
- 3 (11.5%)
Arena fights against troll wereelks
- 12 (46.2%)
Something else...
- 1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]  (Read 39821 times)

Shűl-nak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04]
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2016, 04:19:59 am »

Well, I suppose my lack of enthusiasm for continuing my in-character journal makes this death a serendipitous affair. There's always a silver lining when gobbos die, even if you're playing as them.

A re-gob as Ul-Naksh would be grand. Hopefully the name doesn't carry the curse of being vampire fodder.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2016, 07:32:31 am »

I made a request for a turn a while ago, but I guess no-one noticed it

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2016, 10:41:22 am »

Guess it would be nice if the next version is released soon, as it seems it fixes some problems with sentient beings ethics - like not being able to pit sentients.

IEEE8oh2dot11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2016, 11:41:34 am »

This is looking awesome. I'd also like a turn! Although I'm not sure if I can speak proper gobbo, but I'll figure out something.

That thing did happen.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2016, 12:18:23 pm »

My guess is since your post was the last one on its page, and most people jump to the most recent page when checking threads, it got missed in the interim.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2016, 12:35:58 pm »

I am back and can likely play a bit today, though Monday will probably have the bulk of my update. Hopefully, I should be done by Wednesday.
We have a confirmed vampire!
And as if all that evidence wasn't enough to make us suspicious about this guy...

This is Ngzebo, a humble soap maker
Goblin's can't make soap.

Ngzebo, your cover story sucks.

Hahaha, that's one of the times when a (technically) coincidental oddity (that is, skills show up even if they're unusable) can be part of a RP.

"Wait a second... you say you're a soap maker? We don't have any soap makers! A liar, a traitor! To the dungeons with you!"

Well, I suppose my lack of enthusiasm for continuing my in-character journal makes this death a serendipitous affair. There's always a silver lining when gobbos die, even if you're playing as them.

A re-gob as Ul-Naksh would be grand. Hopefully the name doesn't carry the curse of being vampire fodder.
I will regobbo you as soon as I get to my computer with the save on it.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2016, 09:19:49 pm »

If it's not, I'd be more than happy to collaborate on modifying this for a future playthrough what includes dwarf-chewing.
It's likely the lack of edible sapients is a bug in 42.0X rather than a modding error: I know I set the ethics tags correctly. Bad news is that this means I can't fix it now: good news is that it may yet be fixed in Thunderdoom itself by a DF patch.

As for the mod itself though, it does need improvements. I didn't stop messing with it when I started Thunderdoom: I have a list of changes for the next version.

* I acccidently left the Voracious Cave Crawler pet value at the value I was using for testing. Needs to be 10x what it currently is.
* Goblins should be able to make nestboxes, hives, jugs, stepladders, etc.
* I used wood because it's easier to get, but Impaled Corpses should really use menacing spikes instead. Maybe call the current building made with wood a "Mounted Corpse".
* Additional fun things to do with corpses: hang 'em, cage 'em, seat 'em, eat 'em, box 'em, burn 'em, wrap 'em, stack 'em.
* skull goblets should be named "creature skull goblet" rather than "creature bone goblet", and should be made directly from skulls rather than via totems. It should be possible to achieve this with a new organic material specifically for skulls, but I'm still playing around with this one.
* skull thrones. For obvious reasons.
* Increased stress vulnerability. I've been playing the game for a while now and they seem far too satisfied and happy for a camp of violent murderous psychopaths.

And possible additions include:
* Something to discourage too much mining. They're not dwarves, after all. The easiest way to do this would be to make some types of rock boil on release, and give the gas an inhaled syndrome. This is a pretty major gameplay change, though, so I'm not sure I want to add it.
* Something to do with gems. Currently goblins can't work gems, which means all you can do is trade them rough.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2016, 10:26:21 pm »

Couldn't you just not give goblins picks?

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2016, 10:38:06 pm »

Couldn't you just not give goblins picks?
What Quasar is going for is limited mining, enough to supply stone and ores, maybe a few rooms, and reach the caverns, not remove mining entirely.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2016, 11:05:24 pm »

To be fair the goblins really don't do much mining in world generation. The underground roads are really the only evidence.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2016, 04:36:57 am »

I've uploaded a new version of the Goblins mod. Still doesn't include butcherable sapients (we'll need to look to the next version of the game to hopefully fix that), but I've gotten a few new things in there, including nest boxes, goblin noble positions, skull thrones and various ways to abuse corpses.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11705

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2016, 05:36:23 am »

Its tood bad you couldnt make a pick that only digs through certain materials. Like soil, gems and ores.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2016, 05:49:21 am »

^ Kobold Camp does it by selectively labeling certain stones as [UNDIGGABLE].

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2016, 06:06:42 am »

There's your fix.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2016, 11:59:30 am »

Goblins should be able to mark stones as "latrines" and every full moon, the pissed on stone crumble like as if a miner dug it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16