Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 38293 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2016, 10:37:08 pm »

Eh, the only reason why I haven't unvoted yet is because with very the little evidence we do have, fillipk is the most likely person to be scum. It's perfectly possible that this is all just a misunderstanding but until a more likely candidate arrives, my vote is the same.
Let me get one thing straight, the only reason you are voting for me is because you misinterpreted what I said and thought I actually meant my vote, and you admit this yet you are still voting for me.  Unvote,

Heydude6
you admitted that you see TheMoonlitShadow as suspicious because he bandwagon'd me for the exact same reasons you did, a vote, a vote in the first post of the game, where there is no possible way for me to know anything about anyone at all, what evidence do you have besides a misunderstanding of my posts.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2016, 12:12:38 am »

The only reason why I'm not unvoting you is because there is no one better to transfer my vote to. And I pointed out The moonlight shadow's suspicious behavior because it was suspicious behavior, regardless of whether or not I think he is town or not, suspicious behavior is still suspicious behavior and it must be pointed out!

As for evidence against you, well it's mainly this:

Because Roo has a reputation which has held true all of the games he's played, I want to know which Roo we have with us right now.

Let's start with the sentence in bold. It confused us. And I know for a fact that there were other people and not just me. I have a quote from the moonlight shadow showing that he was confused as well. (Anyone else who was confused by that sentence should probably also voice their opinions.)

I see. I thought you meant that you wanted to know his alignment (therefore kill him). That's why I thought it was inexplicity stating that you wanted to kill him.

Eventually, you posted a clarification about what that sentence meant.

Roo has too modes, the weird I do what I want and irritate everyone mode, and the play normally mode, I want to know which one is playing with us before I make an alignment judgement on anyone else.  And you are over analyzing it its just an RVS but it could turn real, depends on how Roo responds.

Of course, there is a problem with that clarification. How exactly is voting for Roo helping you determine if he will play legitimately or troll? I'm pretty sure lynching him will only prevent us from finding out how he would have acted.

I asked you that question before:

How does voting for Roo help you determine if he engages troll mode or legit mode?

but rather than explaining yourself with a proper answer you instead chose to vote for me and act like that question didn't even exist. It's a valid question, you should be able to answer it.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2016, 01:13:21 am »

heydude, you mentioned in your first posts to fillipk that his behaviour in voting for roo was more bloodthirsty than it needed to be in comparison to other people. No one else is voting for roo, so what did you mean by that?

First answer this.

Second:  I counter your question with my own question, how does voting someone random in your first post help find scum, by seeing how people react and you have jumped on me for no reason in particular with moonlit shadow backing you up, just because I voted first doesn't make me anymore bloodthirsty then anyone else until I actually mean my vote, and yes I mean my vote on you.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2016, 12:47:51 pm »

heydude, you mentioned in your first posts to fillipk that his behaviour in voting for roo was more bloodthirsty than it needed to be in comparison to other people. No one else is voting for roo, so what did you mean by that?

First answer this.

As a matter of fact I did answer this already:
Spoiler: my answer (click to show/hide)

It's just that my post was immediately after his so I didn't see the point of bolding his name to address him. It's quite clear that I that was a mistake. From now on, I'll bold more often, fillipk.

Second:  I counter your question with my own question, how does voting someone random in your first post help find scum, by seeing how people react and you have jumped on me for no reason in particular with moonlit shadow backing you up, just because I voted first doesn't make me anymore bloodthirsty then anyone else until I actually mean my vote, and yes I mean my vote on you.

I wouldn't say I jumped on you for no reason. The reason why I voted for you in the first place was because your first random vote happened to be a player who hasn't been online for the duration of the whole game. I was curious and I ended up learning that this player has a reputation of being very annoying and a common lynch in other mafia games. Eventually I get your reply and we get the infamous bolded sentence

It was a confusing sentence and I interpreted it as meaning you wanted to know Roo's alignment. And for reasons I explained in my answer to the first question I felt that specific POST, not you fillipk, only that specific post felt bloodthirsty.

So I decided to prod a bit further. Your next post began to go against my interpretation of you wanting to find out Roo's alignment...

At what point did I ever express a desire to kill him

So I decided to ask you directly what the bolded sentence meant

At what point did I ever express a desire to kill him
When you voted for him as well as when you said this:

Because Roo has a reputation which has held true all of the games he's played, I want to know which Roo we have with us right now.
This sentence in bold is confusing. What exactly are you trying to know? If Roo is gonna start trolling this game? His alignment? If the former were the case, then I fail to understand how voting to get him lynched helps you accomplish that goal. As a matter of fact, lynching him will prevent you from knowing if he would have trolled this game.

Now trying to figure out his alignment makes more sense. He either flips town or scum and we get this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

over with as soon as possible. Thereby, giving a valid reason for wanting to kill him, and supporting the idea that this sentence was an expression of a desire to lynch him.

And you answered with this
Roo has too modes, the weird I do what I want and irritate everyone mode, and the play normally mode, I want to know which one is playing with us before I make an alignment judgement on anyone else.  And you are over analyzing it its just an RVS but it could turn real, depends on how Roo responds.

Now this was the tipping point where I started to believe that you might actually be mafia. Before that I was just investigating discrepancies.

Also I feel that I have to point out another one:

Spoiler: another discrepancy (click to show/hide)

Anyway, let's continue with what I was saying. The reason why that last post made me believe you were mafia was because of a problem with the idea that voting for Roo would help you determine if he would play legitimately or troll. A problem I pointed out in that last post!

What exactly are you trying to know? If Roo is gonna start trolling this game? His alignment? If the former were the case, then I fail to understand how voting to get him lynched helps you accomplish that goal. As a matter of fact, lynching him will prevent you from knowing if he would have trolled this game.

Eventually after a good night's sleep, I voiced my concerns to the public and asked you this question

How does voting for Roo help you determine if he engages troll mode or legit mode?

And now, so far, I have asked you this question twice, and you still refuse to give me a proper answer. Instead, you decided to vote against me and try to convince people that I'm the mafia.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2016, 12:09:56 am »

Roo has not responded to my prod 29 hours ago and has not been active in this game for over 72 hours (actually, he hasn't been active on the forums for about 5 days).

Roo has been replaced by hector13.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2016, 12:59:47 am »

Unexpected D1 replacement go! I was so looking forward to roo's influence *sigh*

Also, I find your lack of activity disturbing...

Well, since insomnia, I guess I have time to go through the whole 4 pages of stuff just now :P

--- READING ---

While technically I am the new roo, it looks like fillipk is the new roo by not answering questions. Evidently he has turned into that which he wanted to destroy :v /silly *turns off scroll lock wtf*

Not much has happened other than a kinda double-team on fillipk from heydude and Moonlit, though Moonlit has accepted fillipk's response to "Y U DO DIS" whereas heydude has not.

I would like Hazard to answer this, as it's a very good question:

So the main thing is RVS votes don't matter until the person seriously makes a case that the guy is scum, until then try not to bandwagon or take it to seriously.
Which means... roo should be ignored d1. If you want to kill lynch him, do it at d2.
Why?

Also, question for heydude: Do you think you may be reading a little too much into one of the first posts fillipk made in the game, especially using it as a basis for wanting to lynch him?

Also also, perhaps you'd like to consider your own question to fillipk? Not necessarily answer it just... think about it.

Also also also: Tawa is obvscum
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2016, 03:25:13 am »

Sorry for ignoring all my other questions, I saw them but I was being lazy about it, didn't mean to pull a Roo you see.

However I should be asleep so I'll get to them by Monday.

I have a *few* words to say to heydude too, but PFP probably until Monday so they will have to wait.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2016, 03:35:33 am »

PFT(you get it?)
So the main thing is RVS votes don't matter until the person seriously makes a case that the guy is scum, until then try not to bandwagon or take it too seriously.
Which means... roo should be ignored d1. If you want to kill lynch him, do it at d2.
Why?
Unless he says something crazy other than simple votes(votes include obv/really scum are simple votes too), lynch at d2.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2016, 09:36:46 am »

Also, question for heydude: Do you think you may be reading a little too much into one of the first posts fillipk made in the game, especially using it as a basis for wanting to lynch him?
This is where most people are getting confused. When I started voting for fillipk, it was merely a justified RVS. There were several legitimate reasons why fillipk could have voted for Roo. I just wanted to see which one he would give me. Unfortunately, fillipk gave a confusing answer in the form of the bolded sentence and from then on, he began to dig himself into a ditch.

My basis on fillipk being mafia comes from the digging self in a ditch part, not because he just happened to place his first vote on a player who wasn't online through the duration of the whole game. You can read my exact thought process in my previous post.

As a matter of fact, I have a question for you. hector13 what is inadequate about my reasoning for saying that fillipk is mafia (not the one I just gave you, the one in my previous post)? Why have I not convinced you?

Also also, perhaps you'd like to consider your own question to fillipk? Not necessarily answer it just... think about it.

I understand what you mean about that, but it is more important to hear fillipk's answer. He was the one who created the circumstances that lead to the question in the first place.

And I have tried to internally answer my questions to fillipk for him. The answers he gives are always something unexpected that I never thought of so I find it extra important for him to answer the question himself. If I give fillipk my hypothetical answers, then he is more likely to use one of those rather than give the honest one.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2016, 10:20:54 am »

Hazard:
PFT(you get it?)
So the main thing is RVS votes don't matter until the person seriously makes a case that the guy is scum, until then try not to bandwagon or take it too seriously.
Why?
Unless he says something crazy other than simple votes(votes include obv/really scum are simple votes too), lynch at d2.
Why would you want to lynch him on day 2 if he wasn't doing anything that warranted him getting lynched during day 1?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2016, 12:14:55 pm »

Anyway. I don't like RVS, so I'm going to hang back for now, dispense advice if necessary.
Well, there is this line right here. I don't know Tawa's play-style so I have no idea if this is normal of him. But essentially he said that he was gonna be mostly absent. Possibly a scumtell since he's so concerned with saving his own skin.

Of course, there are other problems though. One of the things that I feel is a mistake I made in this first day is putting my pressure exclusively on fillipk.

unvote

I think it's time I diversify a bit and put some pressure on our only proper lurker, jwoodward48df.

jwoodward48df, why have you not posted anything at all this game?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2016, 02:52:45 pm »

jwoodward48df has been prodded.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2016, 05:37:37 pm »

Tawa is semilurking, but that might just be because he's like me. He responds to questions, but... dunno.
I don't think that RVS helps anything so I'm waiting until I can get some real leads. It's not really that uncommon.
Anyway. I don't like RVS, so I'm going to hang back for now, dispense advice if necessary.
Well, there is this line right here. I don't know Tawa's play-style so I have no idea if this is normal of him. But essentially he said that he was gonna be mostly absent. Possibly a scumtell since he's so concerned with saving his own skin.
Note: Looking out for yourself is not a scumtell. Most, if not all, players are interested in their own well-being, along with that of their faction.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2016, 05:47:52 pm »

I guess that's fine. I was just basing this off of the stuff in the common scumtells list in the OP.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2016, 06:12:16 pm »

Whoa, sorry, got the prod. What's going on?

(BTW, not a lurker. Someone with a RL is more like it.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27