Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859361 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2280 on: December 11, 2016, 11:11:13 am »

Or maybe their ads just kinda suck?  S'possible.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2281 on: December 11, 2016, 01:45:22 pm »

Well, I don't think it's my modem, since it was fine when I first used my pc, but it just kinda got worse. I got rid of the stuff that pervaded through my three adblockers, and now I can live with just one, so I think I've pretty much gotten rid of it. But I keep adblock on in case something like that happens again.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: December 11, 2016, 03:11:52 pm »

If you have adware in your browser, it'd probably be an extension or some shit.

But I wouldn't necessarily assume that ads on the internet must be coming from adware, considering that people slather their websites with more ads than they slather their steaks with steak sauce, or fries with ketchup, or ... their everything with hot sauce.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: December 11, 2016, 04:27:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: December 11, 2016, 04:43:18 pm »

Why never?

Edit: And now Fiona Apple songs are playing in my head.

Never is a promise, and you can't afford to lie

He said "it's all in your head," and I said "so's everything," but he didn't get it
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:59:09 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: December 12, 2016, 05:59:32 am »

I dunno, I just felt like saying never because I'm in a bad mood and I feel like the chances of something happening are low.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: December 12, 2016, 11:51:26 am »

Things can happen if you act to make it so.  Note that they probably won't happen if you never act.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: December 12, 2016, 02:58:28 pm »

Yeah.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: December 12, 2016, 08:07:39 pm »

Dang it, why can I never decide on a setting?!

I got halfway through designing a detailed, thoroughly researched setting for a hypothetical play-by-post Pathfinder game based on Viking Age Scandinavia, when suddenly, I want to write a campaign about Golden Age pirates.

Why does this always happen? It feels like I'll get nine tenths of the way through a Shakespearean Renaissance-type setting when I want to set a campaign in the fictionalized High Middle Ages. I'll get most of the way through writing a plot for a modern-day espionage story when suddenly I want a Victorian story about detectives and top hats and moustache-twirling Gilded Age corporate presidents. I don't think that I've written out an entire setting that I'm satisfied with in like two or three years.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: December 13, 2016, 01:24:00 am »

The food here's delicious but I'm struggling to get through dessert. Also there is an obnoxious fan blasting air at me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: December 13, 2016, 01:27:34 am »

What type of food?

Who lost the game :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2292 on: December 13, 2016, 05:43:06 am »

You won the game!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: December 13, 2016, 05:45:38 am »

You won the game!
There are no winners.
There's only losers, and those not realizing that they lost.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 05:47:12 am by Ultimuh »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: December 13, 2016, 05:50:28 am »

What type of food?

Who lost the game :D
Indian curry from one of those great, budget-friendly Hare Krishna restaurants. :)
I managed to finish it all, don't worry- although it's technically an "all you can eat" thing. Just imagine, some mad person could actually go back for more after devouring that big plateful of rice and veg curry (two different kinds). Boggles the mind, that does. Not to even mention the dessert, which was a bowl of some kind of crumbly pudding/soft cake and custard (presumably vegan?). The whole thing was good, if a bit too far on the mild side for my liking. They try to cater to everyone with the same meal, after all, even total wimps.

Oh well, it was very cheap and very good.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 779