Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1846074 times)

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3060 on: December 17, 2015, 10:01:45 pm »

Will there ever be an Adventurer Mode theme?

I say that, because I like the music of Dwarf Fortress (I think the Fortress theme really summarizes the main theme of the game: Histories of Greed and Labor) and I like symmetry. :D

Open the game and check again.

? there's still only two songs, the title and the dwarf mode

I think he's referring to the fact that the title tagline changes. The "Histories of X and Y" thing.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3061 on: December 17, 2015, 10:17:04 pm »

And I thought he was talking about an ARC. Oh, so you're talking about the Music for the Adv. mode? Try some good dwarfy songs on Youtube, they're pretty good for adv. mode too.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: December 17, 2015, 10:34:39 pm »

There is only one fitting song for Dwarf Fortress, in either mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjZ1B897Tuk
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: December 18, 2015, 01:42:43 am »

Will there ever be an Adventurer Mode theme?

I say that, because I like the music of Dwarf Fortress (I think the Fortress theme really summarizes the main theme of the game: Histories of Greed and Labor) and I like symmetry. :D

Open the game and check again.

? there's still only two songs, the title and the dwarf mode

I think he's referring to the fact that the title tagline changes. The "Histories of X and Y" thing.

X is always a synonym of "greed" and Y a synonym of "labor".

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:52:27 am by Silverybearded »
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: December 18, 2015, 10:58:18 am »

Maybe. Definitely rather dwarvenly choices. o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: December 18, 2015, 08:21:24 pm »

It's been brought up here, but I thought it would be worthwhile discussing in the FotF as well.

What are the conditions for long-term residents being granted citizenship? Is this feature currently bugged?
The devlog for the 42.01 release says that there is "eventual" citizenship petitions. Does it simply take a long time?

E: missed a word
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:26:08 pm by Ysyua »
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3067 on: December 18, 2015, 10:38:40 pm »

(probably busted, posted in the thread)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: December 18, 2015, 10:45:23 pm »

This bodes unwell. owo
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: December 19, 2015, 12:22:33 am »

This bodes unwell. owo
Yeah, anyone know what this means?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3070 on: December 19, 2015, 12:38:48 am »

Can someone give toady a save with that?
I would but no fort going right now, last one fell into chaos.
like the guy asking in this thread.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:41:55 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3071 on: December 19, 2015, 04:43:18 am »

When considering the future of legal systems in various towns throughout the world, are you thinking of going for emulation of legislation bodies (including but not limited to the monarchical leader of the site), with change to law occuring over time in preference to the (potential) self interest or pressures from citizenry, OR are you considering keeping abstract and flatly inline with the site's local's and beliefs?
Granted, this is a dev arc that is likely much further down the line, if any, so i can understand if the answer is undecisive or just neither.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: December 19, 2015, 04:47:19 am »

How do worldgen vampire purges work? Do they just vanish, courtesy of an unknown act of the gods, or are there actual events involving vampire hunters/peasant mobs and such?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: December 19, 2015, 04:51:26 am »

That's not very likely to happen unless we get some hint of what the conditions are that should result in someone petitioning for citizenship.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: December 19, 2015, 10:11:16 am »

That's not very likely to happen unless we get some hint of what the conditions are that should result in someone petitioning for citizenship.
From the other thread:
It's only supposed to take a few years if they are happy, so something seems to be going on.  Of course, it tested out fine, as usual, but that's never stopped it from being totally broken.  A bug report on the tracker coupled with a dffd save with some stale happy non-citizen-petitioning long-term residents will probably allow me to patch this up quickly.
So you need residents who have been around for a few years with their needs reasonably satisfied.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 306